Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Yorkshire: Anyone interested!!!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=261356)

V50t5dave Feb 12th, 2017 08:58

No the thread has not died

I am looking to a Sunday in March for a meet. Looking at the response somwhere south side of York.
Any suggestions. Please suggest any ideas. My tel and email are listed come on let's get it going.
David.

SandyVol Feb 12th, 2017 10:52

I've only just got my Volvo so can't show it off much but I do like a good car meet, I'm based just north of York

V50t5dave Feb 12th, 2017 14:57

What I am thinking?

A bimonthly meeting. Six meets to be shared around Yorkshire. The idea is two meets north of York one Easr then West. Two meets central around York, one East one West. Then two meets one East Yorkshire one South Yorkshire. The idea no one person feels left out. We all have the chance to meet equally.
What do you think.
Please feel fee to speak, anyone who has connection with Volvo garages who would welcome such an idea would be a start or a good location for meets would be welcome.
Let us get this off the ground. Nothing serious just social who knows?
I am willing to coordinate.
My email tel no are on previous pages.
We are the biggest county and no meets WHY?
Please feel free to speak and suggest or am I the only one who thinks like this
David

Selby Feb 12th, 2017 15:34

I'd be up for coming if I'm not at work.

Dippydog Feb 12th, 2017 19:40

March at present seems pretty clear for me.The classic car show season doesn't kick off until may-I don't have a classic car you understand but I'm a member of a club for the Senator/Monza/Omega etc and go as part of the club to shows to help promote the club-anyway I'm up as much as possible for informal Volvo meets,but be advised my V70 is not the prettiest example of the breed!Don't know too much[if anything]about the areas suggested for such meets so can't offer ideas for locations.

V50t5dave Feb 12th, 2017 21:01

Thank you

Thank you it does not matter what your car is like. If it's a Volvo and you love it that is all that matters.
It is nice to know others are interested.
I will sort a date and location for a first meet. Will keep you posted.
David

Craigyt Feb 12th, 2017 22:32

Im drag myself along, not been to a car meet for a while

markas Feb 13th, 2017 11:55

Hi Guys,

I used to live in Garforth so not far from Selby, over on the dark side of the m62 and the penines now but would be interested in attending especially the South Yorkshire ones being more local.

Mark

dcw Feb 13th, 2017 19:45

If I am free for the date you suggest then I am definitely up for this. If its March onwards and good weather for the first one, I'll bring the 480.

Spreading locations is an excellent idea.

Thanks David for keeping the idea alive!

David

skippyfox Feb 14th, 2017 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2235081)
Thank you it does not matter what your car is like. If it's a Volvo and you love it that is all that matters.
It is nice to know others are interested.
I will sort a date and location for a first meet. Will keep you posted.
David

I'm up for a day out in your neck of the woods, got a couple of free weekends in March. So depending on dates I'll tag along with the xc90:thumbs_up: