Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Volvo 440 Brakes (NEW) - FOR SALE (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=165834)

Criticalmass Nov 17th, 2012 21:55

Typical, when things are going for free people want them. When they have to pay something, even though its a fraction of the brakes actual cost, nobody is interested. I was asking for £20 for 2 sets of BRAND NEW front and rear discs/pads. Im actually shocked and v disappointed. Sure i understand as was said the 440 isnt the most popular of models... but still...

Had enough now, they're going on ebay. If they dont sell then, which i doubt they will, i'll be either scrapping them or sticking them in the garage to get dusty.

Mrmeringo, thanks for the comments. :thumbs_up:

Not that anyone, other than maybe mrmeringo will read this, but thanks and goodbye.

Anadinolin Nov 18th, 2012 00:29

good luck on the ebay sale, if you arent able to sell them ill deffo have them on payday and for £20 plus postage, i apologize if i seem to be mucking you about

Criticalmass Nov 19th, 2012 10:13

Hi Anadinolin

You can still have them for the £20 plus postage. Cant see postage being cheap though, they weight a ton!

Anadinolin Nov 19th, 2012 15:16

ok, hopefully not too expensive, i should be well enough to drive by the time payday comes at the end of the month to pick them up if postage works out expensive :)

Criticalmass Nov 19th, 2012 16:54

Well i'm happy to wrap the brakes up as one package and weigh them. If you want to sort out the courier, just let me know what date they'll be collected.

Even if the discs cost £20 to post, thats still only £40 for both sets. Still a bargain.

I see youre in upminster, quite away to go to be honest. Would work out cheaper to post them

Criticalmass Nov 27th, 2012 14:07

Well looks like im going to be let down yet again. So if no interest by the end of Nov. I'll just put these brakes in the garage to be forgotten.

mrmeringo Nov 27th, 2012 14:20

I know the feeling,happened to me 3 times,I would just ebay then now:thumbs_up:

Criticalmass Nov 27th, 2012 16:53

Well im trying to be patient. Cant see them selling on ebay anyway.

But i thought Anadinolin was interested in them, as said, when things are free people are all over it. But arent willing to pay £20 fkcing quid plus postage. Tight gets.

Sorry just a bit annoyed that they're out of the woodwork when they're free and slither back into the woodwork when i then ask if they'd be willing to pay. They say yes and i hear nothing.

So had enough.

Cheers Mr M.

Gareth

jimjam440si Nov 27th, 2012 16:58

will theese fit a 95 1.8si mate?

AcidicDavey Nov 27th, 2012 19:00

Well anadilolin did say on the first page BEFORE you offered them for free that he'd be interested at the end of the month, no doubt he'll get back to you when he can afford it ;)