Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   XC90 Recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=55869)

AB-UK Jun 28th, 2011 16:22

Just received my letter from Volvo about the recall.
Sounds pretty serious, involving the potential complete loss of powered steering.
Good job mine was done last week during the service.

XC90 2010 Jul 25th, 2011 12:28

Only got my recall letter today for the power steering problem.

I suppose it takes a while to get the letters "Down Under"!

Frostie Oct 23rd, 2012 19:47

How do you tell with a second hand car whether they have had the recall's carried out?

Clan Oct 23rd, 2012 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostie (Post 1275913)
How do you tell with a second hand car whether they have had the recall's carried out?

A quick call to your dealer service department, it can be looked up in seconds ...

Frostie Oct 23rd, 2012 21:14

Thanks Clan. Will do that tomorrow.

sballard Jul 11th, 2013 11:57

2004 volvo xc90 just got today

I just bought a 04 volvo xc90 but after reading all this i wish i had not got it. Does anyome know how i would find out if it has any recalls? I can already tell the stearing wheel is very loose. Also either i dont know how to shift it rt using the standard or it just dont shift rt. Pls anyone that knows pls help me im very scared now bc i have 2 kids and disabled so i cant afford to spend any $ fixing a car i just bought. Thanks fo any help.

A lex Jul 20th, 2013 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by sballard (Post 1448865)
I just bought a 04 volvo xc90 but after reading all this i wish i had not got it. Does anyome know how i would find out if it has any recalls? I can already tell the stearing wheel is very loose. Also either i dont know how to shift it rt using the standard or it just dont shift rt. Pls anyone that knows pls help me im very scared now bc i have 2 kids and disabled so i cant afford to spend any $ fixing a car i just bought. Thanks fo any help.

Do you not think thats a slightly melodramatic reaction...... - its a free recall and will cost you nothing if it needs doing.

Pop down to your local dealer and ask them, or call Volvo UK customer services and they will advise you if it needs doing.

Chrisamxc90 Nov 22nd, 2013 18:19

Steering pulses?

Hi there, I have similar trouble to some on this forum re my XC90. I bought a 2004 the steering seems to "pulse" when moving slightly on the move at say 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock as you look at steering wheel, the steering moves from one side to the other, also on a full lock the whole car judders and feels as if it is being pushed rather than driven and coming off motorway or decelerating hard the car wanders... Bit worrying, can anyone help.... Also is it still possible to get these recalls done through dealers I have read about, (VOSA website).

Many thanks in advance Chris and Sam

A lex Nov 25th, 2013 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisamxc90 (Post 1523691)
Hi there, I have similar trouble to some on this forum re my XC90. I bought a 2004 the steering seems to "pulse" when moving slightly on the move at say 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock as you look at steering wheel, the steering moves from one side to the other, also on a full lock the whole car judders and feels as if it is being pushed rather than driven and coming off motorway or decelerating hard the car wanders... Bit worrying, can anyone help.... Also is it still possible to get these recalls done through dealers I have read about, (VOSA website).

Many thanks in advance Chris and Sam

Quote:

Originally Posted by A lex (Post 1453433)

Pop down to your local dealer and ask them, or call Volvo UK customer services and they will advise you if it needs doing.

^^^ Call Volvo UK with your chassis or reg number.

Paulxc90 May 11th, 2014 21:36

purchased a 2008 in <March Do I have anything to worry about