Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Volvo BT PHONE P3GSM - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313624)

NapapiirinSusi Feb 28th, 2022 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by marekbm (Post 2739593)

MOST (in the future):
pros:
- track info
- probably the best audio quality (but the most probably same like the AUX)
- Dolby Digital can be used
- direct audio remote (steering wheel, central panel)
cons:
- P3 only (until somebody lend me a car with AUU due to another configuration)
- require MOST unlock and change car configuration (you have to visit D5T5 dealer or have own DICE and the D5T5 account)

Any news on this ”MOST” project? I have your ”bluetooth with FM” but will change it to MOST option if it comes available.

marekbm Mar 1st, 2022 19:54

i am still waiting for some parts. after that it is possible to send it to the assembly house.

regarding module emulation support:
- at the moment AUU (for P3) is fully working. maybe P1 but not tested yet
- SAT (sirius) (for P3) works but it is only possible to register without any other functionality (buttons, texts) so only audio is able to play (similar to AUX). i will not able to move forward without collaboration with somebody from US/Canada with the working piece installed in the car

plans:
- DAB (for P3) not working but i am on the way to make it operate (spring / summer)
- MD player (for XC90) - will see. i do not have xc90 for disassembly
- CD player/changer (for XC90) - will see. i do not have xc90 for disassembly

Orni86 Mar 10th, 2022 16:18

Can the phone/Bluetooth module be retro fitted to an 08 model P3 xc70?

marekbm Mar 11th, 2022 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orni86 (Post 2812606)
Can the phone/Bluetooth module be retro fitted to an 08 model P3 xc70?

it can be in the case that you have PHM (GSM phone module). P3 mostly has it in the combination with VOC.

Orni86 Mar 14th, 2022 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by marekbm (Post 2812728)
it can be in the case that you have PHM (GSM phone module). P3 mostly has it in the combination with VOC.

Well as far as I know my car does not have the gsm phone module, it does not have the answer or hang-up logos on the center console. But I am still so new to Volvos so I might be wrong?

In that case, I guess there is nothing that can be done for my car?

spottedhaggis Apr 27th, 2022 12:35

My 2010 S80 has the phone button on the centre console but I have no BT in the car nor do I have a manual phone or sim slot anywhere in thecar (unless its really well hidden (no not in glove box either)

If I get this module, will it work, and what will it provide me with, your product page is a little sketchy on the details, do I get a mic, etc etc

marekbm Apr 27th, 2022 13:09

if there is a "PHONE" button and if the LED turns on after you press it then there has to be something (PHM or BPM). [PHM - GSM phone module, BPM - bluetooth module]
but MY2010 has a different PHM and it is not compatible to make hw upgrade. so the question is if it is MY2010 or it was sold in 2010 but from stock reserve and it is MY2009.

spottedhaggis Apr 28th, 2022 12:54

Yeah Im a tech guy so would assume the same but no led comes on instead I get the message "Car is not equipped with phone" so why bother having the phone button in the first place, just makes no sense to have the phone but nothing installed at all.

marekbm Apr 28th, 2022 13:03

an easy answer. somebody before you has replaced the panel without the "PHONE" buton to the panel with "PHONE" button. probably something has damaged and he/she did not found the same.

nicklt Jan 20th, 2024 14:02

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I have this P3GSM and BT Transmiter modules.

Can I upgrade the firmware to btphone_p3phm-v20231201 through my phone bluetooth or do I need to do it by USB recovery?

Thank you in advance!