Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=221293)

whofeelsitknowsit Feb 18th, 2015 18:37

I apologize for the intrusion into this thread, but would anyone who has purchased the VBB4 backup camera kit be willing to copy the instruction manual for me?

I purchased a new but never installed VBB4 kit from another forum member, but unfortunately the manual was not included and Bob at volvotech is refusing to send me one without purchasing a new kit directly from volvo tech. So, now I have the kit but no idea how to install it!

Theeggman Feb 18th, 2015 19:01

Just an update on another thread related to this on.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=223712

The free shipping deal has ended but the 'cheaper' reversing cameras are still there.

I am sorry whofeelsitknowsit I can't help in your situation. I found Bob to be very helpful.

Tim.

C320 Feb 18th, 2015 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by whofeelsitknowsit (Post 1853581)
I apologize for the intrusion into this thread, but would anyone who has purchased the VBB4 backup camera kit be willing to copy the instruction manual for me?

I purchased a new but never installed VBB4 kit from another forum member, but unfortunately the manual was not included and Bob at volvotech is refusing to send me one without purchasing a new kit directly from volvo tech. So, now I have the kit but no idea how to install it!

Our group buy is still open so none of us have placed any orders. I'm sure if anyone gets a VBB they'd be willing to share the instructions though...

Simon Jones Feb 18th, 2015 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by whofeelsitknowsit (Post 1853581)

Does the original purchaser not have it to send on?

whofeelsitknowsit Feb 18th, 2015 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Jones (Post 1853681)
Does the original purchaser not have it to send on?

He doesn't, and I didn't realize that because I was told it was coming with the instructions. The only instructions included were a wiring diagram. I think it may just be because the kit is several years old. I understand the instruction manuals are much more detailed now.

C320 Feb 18th, 2015 23:20

Additional product to be included FOC with Group Buy orders

Hi all, just got this from Volvotech:

"We've created a new product, USB charger fixed mount.
Product is online already.
http://www.volvotech.eu/usbcharger-fixed

We will offer a free set per order for your forum-group-buy friends.
(instead of spending on advertising the product we have decided to support the Volvo forum group buys in the different countries and give them for free with a iMIV, CFE, VBB or MMMi+ set.)"

Essentially it's a dual outlet USB socket which can replace the 12v socket / cigar lighter. I was going to buy something similar from ebay anyway. However, this is a nice sweetener from Volvotech.

Ideally just need a few more members to commit please so we can secure the 5% discount :)

C320 Mar 10th, 2015 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by C320 (Post 1853870)
Hi all, just got this from Volvotech:

"We've created a new product, USB charger fixed mount.
Product is online already.
http://www.volvotech.eu/usbcharger-fixed

We will offer a free set per order for your forum-group-buy friends.
(instead of spending on advertising the product we have decided to support the Volvo forum group buys in the different countries and give them for free with a iMIV, CFE, VBB or MMMi+ set.)"

Essentially it's a dual outlet USB socket which can replace the 12v socket / cigar lighter. I was going to buy something similar from ebay anyway. However, this is a nice sweetener from Volvotech.

Ideally just need a few more members to commit please so we can secure the 5% discount :)

The current interest list is as follows:
  1. C320 - CFE - Happy to act as London / South East delivery hub (SE)
  2. 12345 - CFE - Beds (SE)
  3. Simon Jones: 1x CFE + 1x lead to connect video out from iMIV to RTI (exact part number to be confirmed) + 1x reversing camera lead (exact part number to be confirmed) - I can be delivery contact to cover south / south west if required. (SW)
  4. Curly59 - CFE - Stoke-on-Trent (NW)
  5. Stu Smith. - CFE - I'm between Bristol and Bath happy to collect from Simon in Salisbury (SW)
  6. VivaLaVolvo - CFE - I'll also be going for a RTI filter cable thingy to eliminate those annoying lines on the screen but that's not included in the discount. Hopefully it can be shipped for free though with the CFE - Happy to receive order for North West. Also travel around a bit so can potentially deliver or meet closer to others. (NW)
  7. craigelee - CFE, cable to factory nav unit & reverse camera kit - South East (SE)
  8. ronmanager - CFE -London (SE)

I really want a CFE unit. I'm happy to leave this for longer but I'm now not sure if we're going to get 15 units / orders.

For those who have expressed an interest, what would you prefer:

A. Wait until we have enough firm orders for the 5% discount]
B. Order what we have and just take advantage of the free shipping to 2 locations (assuming Volvotech count the additional cables etc as items ;) )

ronmanager Mar 11th, 2015 15:55

I don't mind either. I've lived without it for this long I can wait or if you need someone to make up the 5 I'll buy now for the free shipping only.

Curly59 Mar 12th, 2015 21:17

I don't mind waiting another month or so..... Company might come up with extra if they think they will loose 8 or 9 orders?

Cheers

C320 Mar 12th, 2015 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly59 (Post 1870691)
I don't mind waiting another month or so..... Company might come up with extra if they think they will loose 8 or 9 orders?

Cheers

That's very true and they did get an order for I believe two devices from another member on here that took advantage of a discount and free shipping item on a specific product.

I'll leave it running for longer and see what else I can negotiate with VolvoTech :)