Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Waiting patiently for my new XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271214)

filace Aug 28th, 2017 21:36

Ordered my XC90 T8 on 22nd May, dealer reckons it'll be with them on the 6th September, ~1 week PDI and I should have it by the 13th or so.

Lexman8 Aug 28th, 2017 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2313145)
So we're now a day or so before the supposed build date of my XC90 - anyone know when it'll show up as "built" on the dealer's system?

It takes ~2 days to actually build the car but I don't know how quickly the dealer's system is updated.

andyfromembsay Aug 29th, 2017 10:19

Cool, thanks - will give them a shout later this week and see if anything's changed!

ulstrup Aug 29th, 2017 16:15

My T8 was due last week of november or early december.
got a call from the dealer today informing me that the car will be arriving on the 28 of september!
two months before the ETA.

it's good news, indeed but I don't understand how volvo can deliver a car 2 months in advance. Is their production planning totally erratic or the T8 demand is lower than their expectations, I wonder.

andyfromembsay Sep 1st, 2017 05:59

Contacted dealer yesterday - car showing as "factory complete" so presumably waiting to be sent over. Lease co have confirmed I should be able to collect on 15/9, so two weeks today.

Samrainbow Sep 1st, 2017 16:27

So. It's the business day before my car is due to arrive in the dealers (Monday). Gave them a little call just to see if I can pick up Thursday, maybe Friday. Get an email back - it's delayed three weeks so now the 25th. Beyond angry, not only have I had to constantly contact them for a date, they haven't bothered to let me now of the delay. On the point of telling them to shove the order.

andyfromembsay Sep 1st, 2017 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2314289)
So. It's the business day before my car is due to arrive in the dealers (Monday). Gave them a little call just to see if I can pick up Thursday, maybe Friday. Get an email back - it's delayed three weeks so now the 25th. Beyond angry, not only have I had to constantly contact them for a date, they haven't bothered to let me now of the delay. On the point of telling them to shove the order.

Have they told you which stage it's at (eg is it built, but delivery's delayed)?

AB-UK Sep 1st, 2017 16:42

Once you have your car, is there another dealership nearby where you can go for servicing etc.?
That at least will punish them for such awful customer service.

Samrainbow Sep 1st, 2017 17:04

I've now been told my car was chosen for a "random" emissions check by a third party so is still at the factory. I've explained my concern isn't that but that no one bothered to tell me, but they say they didn't know until today. A total load of BS and I don't buy that they don't know what they're getting until the day it's delivered. Have shouted and ranted at them but not much I can do. Definitely taking it elsewhere for servicing. Am so disappointed, it's a crappy end to a crappy day.

andyfromembsay Sep 2nd, 2017 14:44

That seems weird timing anyway - once it's been tested you'd think they'd get it sent over immediately - which means about ten days?