Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Weak Headlights - Contact Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=86693)

Gel Jan 7th, 2010 21:59

Vcc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flanaia1 (Post 608982)
Very Cold Climate

Volvo
Couldn't
Care
(Less):lightbulb:

Gel Jan 7th, 2010 22:03

Volvo response

I e mailed Cust Care, and had call from them today.

He confirmed Volvo do monitor these forums, but saying that said they had no knowledge on these 2 issues* which rather proves they don't read the postings!

*Naff headlamps re dipped beam
Washers freezing too easily; very bad for Scandinavian designed car.
A colleague witha Mondeo says he didn't suffer frozen washers when I was,
and added more concentrate as per bottle for low temps ie -10oC

gazsaz Jan 10th, 2010 15:42

I more than i agree with this thread, as a driver of a s40 1997 (r) i can more than appreciate the distinct lack of power in the lights of this car, they are without doubt awful!

volvokid Jan 10th, 2010 16:13

Why dont we start a list or new thread of users who suffer from this problem, then maybe send it to Volvo. I know the dipped on my 2003 V40 are crap and Volvo wouldnt even look at that due to the age and they dont even make it but the newer ones may stir something with them.

I'll start feel free to move this to a new thread though.

State your user id, year and model of car and light type.

1. Volvokid - 2008 C70 T5 xenon

Loskie Jan 10th, 2010 17:56

Agreed dipped headlights are appaling. So bad even that my girlfriend commented on them last night coming home from town. Re washers: we have been consistently between -5 and -13 c for the last week or more, my car is parked outside and I have had no problems(am using lidl screenwash).
Am wondering if some of you complaining are using pre mixed screenwash which probably does only down to about -5.

Harvey1512 Jan 10th, 2010 20:23

Loskie - Interesting to hear what you say about the Lidl screenwash. I bought some in the summer but it was very vague about temps it would work in. I emailed Lidl and they advised that it was not designed for use in the winter. Ironic then that you are not having problems with it. I swapped over to the usual blue stuff in November & my nozzles often freeze over.

Harvey1512 Jan 10th, 2010 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvokid (Post 610742)
Why dont we start a list or new thread of users who suffer from this problem, then maybe send it to Volvo. I know the dipped on my 2003 V40 are crap and Volvo wouldnt even look at that due to the age and they dont even make it but the newer ones may stir something with them.

I'll start feel free to move this to a new thread though.

State your user id, year and model of car and light type.

1. Volvokid - 2008 C70 T5 xenon

I'm not against this but if everyone who is unhappy emails Volvo at the addresses given then it would have the same effect and in a more direct way. If people want a dual attack though then please go for it.

Loskie Jan 11th, 2010 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey1512 (Post 610902)
Loskie - Interesting to hear what you say about the Lidl screenwash. I bought some in the summer but it was very vague about temps it would work in. I emailed Lidl and they advised that it was not designed for use in the winter. Ironic then that you are not having problems with it. I swapped over to the usual blue stuff in November & my nozzles often freeze over.

Confusingly the Lidl screenwash is labelled "winter antifreeze". Mix rates are clearly shown on the rear of the 5l container.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...index_7562.htm
See link for current product.

Harvey1512 Jan 11th, 2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loskie (Post 611117)
Confusingly the Lidl screenwash is labelled "winter antifreeze". Mix rates are clearly shown on the rear of the 5l container.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...index_7562.htm
See link for current product.

That is different to the one I was thinking of. I have a highly concentrated small Yellow bottle, W5. I have not seen the one you mentioned but when I am in next I will get some. It makes sense really that they do have a winter and summer screenwash. Thanks for that. :thumbs_up:

civilservant Jan 13th, 2010 14:43

Finally got a response from Volvo UK. They say they are not aware of this issue! I mentioned they must have received a few emails following this thread so how could they possibly not be aware?

A very unhelpful response which suggested I take the car back to the dealers for them to take a look - despite me writing that I have already done this and the dealer's have said there is nothing more they can do despite admitting the headlights are a little on the weak side!

Have sent another email to Volvo UK but suspect no further response will be forthcoming:broken_heart: