Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New 145 Restoration Project Of 'Margo' (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=335992)

Steve 940 Nov 1st, 2023 13:58

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burdekin (Post 2920165)
Can you post up a photo of your rear bumper and brackets? I have a NOS rear bumper with rubber that was supposed to be for a 142 but isn't so wondering if it's for a 145. I can't remember what was different.

Hi Mitch,
Was passing Margos temporary barn storage a bit earlier, so called by to check she still starts, yes she does👍

So then looked at the rear bumper, not sure if the photo will help as the rear of the car is close up against a wall. Could not even see the brackets from above.

When I get it out into daylight to do the photos I’ve been wanting to get done, I will do some more.

Cheers
Steve

Steve 940 Nov 2nd, 2023 20:55

Well after a few days of house maintenance being disrupted by the recent foul weather, this has given me a chance to mull over something that’d been niggling me.

With the plate being CWW it’s too close, not to find a link to Alans now infamous acronym of VWW (van with windows for anyone unfamiliar) a rather pertinent reference to my fetish for estates.

Bingo, Camionette With Windows😀😀

Cheers
Steve

Othen Nov 8th, 2023 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 940 (Post 2921172)
Well after a few days of house maintenance being disrupted by the recent foul weather, this has given me a chance to mull over something that’d been niggling me.

With the plate being CWW it’s too close, not to find a link to Alans now infamous acronym of VWW (van with windows for anyone unfamiliar) a rather pertinent reference to my fetish for estates.

Bingo, Camionette With Windows😀😀

Cheers
Steve

Excellent Steve (although I had to look up 'Camionette').

I've lost track of the garage project, is that finished now?

Yours aye,

Alan

Steve 940 Nov 8th, 2023 14:49

Hi Alan,

Work on the workshop extension is underway, just a tad less progressed than hoped, oil tank relocated, and ducted 25mm2 mains tails under our drive to where it will go in the new workshop fuseboard.

Unfortunately I’ve just finished couple weeks work replacing barge boards and capping on our house, couple of days work went to nearly 2 weeks as I had to replace roof membrane of around 5m2 where starlings had been having a party. Of course when I was up at gable apex, you got a great view of the roof condition in general, all ok, apart from one chimney pot where the cement flaunching around the base had cracked. Therefore I’ve now got scaffolder coming next week to do a wrap around scaffold, so I can remove the 6 pots, and rebed. Will end up also redoing the lead flashing skirt around the chimney to roof tiles.

Also I did sort of promise the better half I would replace a couple of house doors, as part of the sweetener to me getting the 145 a couple of weeks ago.

Did you have any joy in your property hunt in Lincolnshire??

Cheers
Steve

PS - one positive though, is that Moomoo keeps putting eBay temptations in my way for the parts chest, wiper motor was the last. I am not entirely not guilty on this front, as I seem to keep buying various books and magazines, Practical Classics Book on Auto Electrics dropped through the door today. Some 70’s 80’s Cars and Car Conversions magazines are great fun, until you look at the prices 😀😀

ITSv40 Nov 8th, 2023 16:39

Good that you are making steady progress on all fronts :thumbs_up:

When I built the new wing on ours, I stripped the roof on the existing to felt, batten and re-slate. Stripped back to the rafters and covered in tarpaulin. As was my luck the work coincided with the wettest autumn on record - even wetter than now! One particularly wet and windy night we heard, drip, drip, on the bedroom ceiling. Needless to say I was up on the roof at 2am battening the tarpaulin down where the wind had moved it.

Miserable at the time, but very satisfying when all finished and good.

Moomoo Nov 8th, 2023 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 940 (Post 2922025)
Hi Alan,

Work on the workshop extension is underway, just a tad less progressed than hoped, oil tank relocated, and ducted 25mm2 mains tails under our drive to where it will go in the new workshop fuseboard.

Unfortunately I’ve just finished couple weeks work replacing barge boards and capping on our house, couple of days work went to nearly 2 weeks as I had to replace roof membrane of around 5m2 where starlings had been having a party. Of course when I was up at gable apex, you got a great view of the roof condition in general, all ok, apart from one chimney pot where the cement flaunching around the base had cracked. Therefore I’ve now got scaffolder coming next week to do a wrap around scaffold, so I can remove the 6 pots, and rebed. Will end up also redoing the lead flashing skirt around the chimney to roof tiles.

Also I did sort of promise the better half I would replace a couple of house doors, as part of the sweetener to me getting the 145 a couple of weeks ago.

Did you have any joy in your property hunt in Lincolnshire??

Cheers
Steve

PS - one positive though, is that Moomoo keeps putting eBay temptations in my way for the parts chest, wiper motor was the last. I am not entirely not guilty on this front, as I seem to keep buying various books and magazines, Practical Classics Book on Auto Electrics dropped through the door today. Some 70’s 80’s Cars and Car Conversions magazines are great fun, until you look at the prices 😀😀

Nice to hear you’ve been busy.

If it helps , in consolation, I’m having five days at the cottage in Burnham Overy!

Cheers Andrew.

Moomoo Nov 8th, 2023 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSv40 (Post 2922047)
Good that you are making steady progress on all fronts :thumbs_up:

When I built the new wing on ours, I stripped the roof on the existing to felt, batten and re-slate. Stripped back to the rafters and covered in tarpaulin. As was my luck the work coincided with the wettest autumn on record - even wetter than now! One particularly wet and windy night we heard, drip, drip, on the bedroom ceiling. Needless to say I was up on the roof at 2am battening the tarpaulin down where the wind had moved it.

Miserable at the time, but very satisfying when all finished and good.

I bet it wasn’t fun at the time!😟

Steve 940 Nov 8th, 2023 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2922052)
Nice to hear you’ve been busy.

If it helps , in consolation, I’m having five days at the cottage in Burnham Overy!

Cheers Andrew.

Enjoy your break, I've got to wait till the end of the month for a weekend up there, other half wants for some reason to see Santa arrive in Wells harbour that evening via boat rather than the more usual sleigh!!!!

Cheers
Steve

Moomoo Nov 8th, 2023 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 940 (Post 2922058)
Enjoy your break, I've got to wait till the end of the month for a weekend up there, other half wants for some reason to see Santa arrive in Wells harbour that evening via boat rather than the more usual sleigh!!!!

Cheers
Steve

Ta bud!

That’s novel! Then fish and chips at Frenchies!😛

PS. Love camionette, btw.

Steve 940 Nov 8th, 2023 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2922067)
Ta bud!

That’s novel! Then fish and chips at Frenchies!😛

PS. Love camionette, btw.

Quite possibly👍

Yes my school French didn’t extend past a Camion, and couldn’t quite believe when I Googled French for van, I do so like Alans VWW description, very appropriate😀

Cheers
Steve