Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=293019)

Mavi57 Mar 22nd, 2019 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeoman (Post 2506030)
Best, the ambience.

Worst,The lag in the infotainment system when you turn on the engine. Sometimes, I could drive 500 metres or more before I get option to use the sat nav!

Do you have the latest software update? Nov 2018

familymangreg Mar 22nd, 2019 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeoman (Post 2506030)
Best, the ambience.

Worst,The lag in the infotainment system when you turn on the engine. Sometimes, I could drive 500 metres or more before I get option to use the sat nav!

To add to this, it's also very annoying that everything shuts down as soon as you open the drivers door!

:wq

yeoman Mar 22nd, 2019 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavi57 (Post 2506684)
Do you have the latest software update? Nov 2018

No. I reckon I will get it with my service which is due next month.

Quacker Mar 22nd, 2019 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2505812)
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd start a fun thread, basically just your favourite thing and your most annoying thing about your car, one of each :-)

Thanks!

Like.
The styling inside and out.

Build quality

The way it drives generally

Wipers and washers plus the headlights.

Firmware updates have enhanced many features since I've had the car. Latest simplified the driver profile changes to memory. However the ventilation blower now blows hard after a cold start, which I'm sure it didn't used to. [Brrr.]

Dislikes.

The door sill on the XC90 extends too far from passengers and the doors do not extend down past the sills.

Seat cushions are too hard with not enough padding

Tyre noise.

Lack of standard CarPlay/Auto and only single USB in front.

Sat-nav and traffic sign recognition is not quite good enough.

The start/stop system that is far too eager to stop the engine. My Honda does it so much better, needing a heftier push on the brake while at a standstill to shut down, which means I can choose when it does so, just as I can in manual cars.

Quonker Mar 23rd, 2019 07:21

Best: love the performance of my T8, especially when pulling away at the lights and embarrassing boy racers.

Worst: so called internal “Theatre Lighting” what a joke.

James77 Mar 23rd, 2019 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haldex (Post 2506535)
My favorite? It is THE safest vehicle ever tested by EuroNCAP. And it looks great, inside-out, while being super comfy and feeding my frenzy for hi tech :)

Worst? I’ll give you two: The overly conservative, uncustomizable driver and sensus displays. The totally useless tiny ski hatch that replaced the 40-20-40 split rear bench.

We are in agreement on the rear bench.

But hi tech not guite so sure. Have you seen the Audi virtual cockpit woth Google maps which is very customizable that's streets ahead.

Haldex Mar 23rd, 2019 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by James77 (Post 2506842)
But hi tech not guite so sure. Have you seen the Audi virtual cockpit woth Google maps which is very customizable that's streets ahead.

Ofcourse- that’s why my first “worst” feature is the lack of customisation on SPA cars. They have one of the best driver and infotainment displays (in terms of size, resolution and dashboard integration..) in the business- yet they choose to utilize a fraction of its capabilities..

“Hi tech” merely starts with the displays.. Volvo has one of the best driver assistance suites- VAG has yet to offer something as advanced and functional as Intellisafe. The buttonless dash with an iPad-like driver interface is as intuitive and aesthetically correct as it gets. The little things- such as gyro- triggered auto handbrake on inclines still amaze me after one and a half year of ownership. Or “Time for a break?” popup (while proposing a next exit with a coffee shop/restaurant!) if the car feels that my steering is off. Deflating lumbar support to provide for ease of entry! Etc , etc. A tech guy like myself has got to love this stuff!

PaulBendall Mar 24th, 2019 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quonker (Post 2506840)
Best: love the performance of my T8, especially when pulling away at the lights and embarrassing boy racers.

Worst: so called internal “Theatre Lighting” what a joke.

I'll second both of those. Volvo really need to sort out some of the finer details, or lack of, when it comes to lighting and display. Best lighting for me was old Audi S3 and A4, subtle, unobtrusive lighting using hidden LEDs and reflection to great effect.

Paul

James77 Mar 28th, 2019 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haldex (Post 2506954)
Ofcourse- that’s why my first “worst” feature is the lack of customisation on SPA cars. They have one of the best driver and infotainment displays (in terms of size, resolution and dashboard integration..) in the business- yet they choose to utilize a fraction of its capabilities..

“Hi tech” merely starts with the displays.. Volvo has one of the best driver assistance suites- VAG has yet to offer something as advanced and functional as Intellisafe. The buttonless dash with an iPad-like driver interface is as intuitive and aesthetically correct as it gets. The little things- such as gyro- triggered auto handbrake on inclines still amaze me after one and a half year of ownership. Or “Time for a break?” popup (while proposing a next exit with a coffee shop/restaurant!) if the car feels that my steering is off. Deflating lumbar support to provide for ease of entry! Etc , etc. A tech guy like myself has got to love this stuff!

VAG offers exactly the same system as Intellisafe and more to boot! Of course that will cost additional coin
All RR's deflate and lower seats when the engine is turned off.
I quite like the I-Pad affair but there should be a few buttons for most used features such as climate. Perhaps Volvo could borrow a few buttons from Porsche :tounge_smile:

Haldex Mar 28th, 2019 20:01

Can’t seem to post a reply..