Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Collected the car today (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253503)

neon Jul 21st, 2016 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143318)
Yes and I can definitely set 4 different temperatures from the front screen and/or set the rear temperatures on the rear screen. As a test I had warm air coming from the left rear vent and cool air from the right rear vent. The rear fan speed is also set independently of the front speed.

Yes, still have the B pillar vents but not the C pillar vents from the 7-seat Comfort option.

It had previously struck me as strange that centre rear vents weren't standard, even if not independently temperature controlled. This set-up with 4 rear vents is much better.

Excellent, resolved my concern about 2 zone struggling to cope and looks much cooler.

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab203 (Post 2143308)
I think he was playing a video which then froze (intentionally) when the car was no longer stationary, whilst the audio track continued to be audible.

Correct.

Quote:

What happens if you stop again - does the video track skip forward to align with the audio one?
Yes, the video and audio are always in sync; there's no waiting for the video to catch up. The cut-off speed seems to be about 5 kph. The video image returns (completely in sync) just before you come to a complete stop.

aab203 Jul 21st, 2016 16:06

It's a real shame that a TV tuner option isn't available for the UK market as I think this would have been quite useful.

It would be nice if there was some way to have an app or even Car Play to allow live streaming apps to function.

There is always the physical tablet that could be used to watch tv streams but then it is more kit to carry around

FooMan Jul 21st, 2016 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143252)
Does anyone else think that the black radiator grille on the Momentum actually looks better (at least against lighter paintwork) than that of the Inscription?
_

Maybe :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_2835.JPG

mrlossyman Jul 21st, 2016 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab203 (Post 2143338)
It's a real shame that a TV tuner option isn't available for the UK market as I think this would have been quite useful.

It would be nice if there was some way to have an app or even Car Play to allow live streaming apps to function.

There is always the physical tablet that could be used to watch tv streams but then is more kit to carry around

Agree, I posted a thread on this a while back. I love tv in my xc60 and will miss it when the 90 arrives. Really disappointed tbh...

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 17:19

Interior pics

5 Attachment(s)
I must say that the quality of the interior is up there with my previous Lexus.

I ordered Walnut Inlays as a dealer-fitted option but despite telling them about the possibility of wrong parts (based upon Lozza's work) they still got it wrong so I'll have to wait a while longer for them.

Probably a good job I don't have young kids...

_

aab203 Jul 21st, 2016 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143376)

_

I have a one year old and a three year old... and have ordered the blond leather :)

I prefer the lighter look and feel it makes it more airy. I do fully expect to be cleaning / protecting it more often. No pain no gain!

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 17:42

In answer to some of the previous posts...

Quote:

Ever the curious one, what's the meaning behind the number plate?
It's 'photoshopped'. I read somewhere that its not a good idea to put your number plate on a public forum so I took the '00' from the first part of the reg and placed it over the last 2 letters. (Sorry!)

Quote:

Are those 19" I see or am I being silly?
They are 19" because of the road noise issues.

Quote:

I guess I will take a day or two off when I get mine to play around
That's actually not a bad idea!

Quote:

I was going to ask if you lived near Huddersfield
I'm about 20 miles away in a village near Wakefield. But you're correct, there is that 'Yorkshire' look to it.

(Re the house/stonework: although the house is about 20 years old, the stone is well over 100 years old. It was reclaimed from an old brewery that was being demolished. Each piece of stone is incredibly dense and extremely heavy. Extra deep foundations were required.)

neon Jul 21st, 2016 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143376)
I must say that the quality of the interior is up there with my previous Lexus.

I ordered Walnut Inlays as a dealer-fitted option but despite telling them about the possibility of wrong parts (based upon Lozza's work) they still got it wrong so I'll have to wait a while longer for them.

_

Nice, glad you are getting the walnut as I think that is much better than the blond/steel look.
They have done a great job on the interior as well as the exterior. Some tweaks I suggested on the Volvo forum was that black seat belts would be more practical and look good, along with black headliner. But this is nit picking and just my view if I had a choice.
Thanks for taking the time to take the pics as they are great to see.

neon Jul 21st, 2016 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143252)
Couple more pics this morning.

Does anyone else think that the black radiator grille on the Momentum actually looks better (at least against lighter paintwork) than that of the Inscription?
_

I think it is one of those designs where black or chrome grille both look great.