Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   1990 960 3.0 24V Breaking (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=97231)

belugablack Jun 16th, 2010 15:52

Hi shaun

There is no coolant level sensor on the tank as thought, and also I cannot find an underbonnet light. didnt know what an air intake nipple looks like, sorry i couldnt be more help.

Profpriv Jun 16th, 2010 18:25

Headlight wipers??

Working?? Price??

Shaun

Profpriv Jun 17th, 2010 17:47

Has the coolant reservoir got a magnet inside ?

You may have to lift up the reservoir and shake it to find out.

Shaun

T240 Jun 17th, 2010 20:23

The doors are still on the car - it says you're in Vancouver - so that poses a problem with regard to removal and shipping does it not? If you do want them make me an offer asap please as I am arranging the remains to be collected by the scrap guy. If I have time, I will try removing the doors myself tonight. [/QUOTE]

Hi,

Not back in Vancouver until later in the year.

If you still have the doors, please let me know how much you want for them, and I'll get back to you soon as.

Cheers,

T

belugablack Jun 18th, 2010 17:53

Hi. I really did endeavour to get the doors off but could not budge any of the bolts with my crappy tools frustratingly, so the poor hulk that was once a smart 960 was loaded on to the scrap lorry yesterday with all its body panels secured - can't believe no one came to nab the wings, bumpers, exhaust, cat, shocks or springs! Nice to have a Volvo-free garden again though.

Anyway got all manner of 960 bits n bobs on Ebay now, but sorry to those I couldn't help out. I'll tally up what I make from this breaking exercise and decide if it was a better option than fixing the car.

I don't have a Volvo-free barn though - shameless plug:

Item number: 290446365636

k-e-v Jun 19th, 2010 19:52

hi do you still have the throttle body and if so how much posted to sa1 6ls

belugablack Jun 22nd, 2010 16:14

Sorry the car was scrapped and apart from a few bits on ebay now I didn't touch the engine in terms of removing bits.

belugablack Jul 2nd, 2010 17:08

Sold last item on EBay and the grand total for scrapping the 960 and selling a handful of trim parts on Ebay was £650! Very pleased - big sellers were the seats at £160, 16-inch alloys at £133 and grill at £50 (although this eggcrate was non-standard), and the £80 scrap value.

Yes I was loathe to scrap it, but considering I only paid £280 for the car 4 years ago in good working order and plenty of MoT, have put 15,000 on the clock, then factor in that the car had stood in the garden for getting on for 2 years, obviously no MoT or tax - I can safely say had I placed the car on EBay complete as a 182,000 mile non-runner covered in tree sap and green algae I would have got nowhere near £650 -- probably £65!

Has been an interesting exercise albeit tinged with sadness as it was such a lovely car once. Pilfered some bits off it myself to make the 745 Turbo I use daily even smarter, namely the perfect and luxurious black headlining, so at least it's benefitted other old Volvos.

If anyone needs an ECU, ABS pump, idle control air valve or brake master cylinder for a 960 24V give me a shout.

venom Jul 4th, 2010 13:56

I'll take it the lenes are sold?

tc Jul 4th, 2010 16:37

Just out of interest did you sell the engine?.