Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Waiting patiently for my new XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271214)

Matt2e Sep 2nd, 2017 23:58

Are XC90's still built in Sweden? Most new vehicles coming across Europe (from China in the case of the S90) are being delayed because of rail problems in Germany.

If it is coming from China they seem to be getting held up in Poland. mine has been pushed back two months over the originally quoted 4 months ... roll on October!

bobby2000 Sep 3rd, 2017 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by newboldi (Post 2305109)
I'm feeling like that too a bit... am told it's being built 'now' and will be here for beginning of Sept, but why am I nervous. The Beamer goes at the end of August so worried ill be without a car...a little! Good luck...

Like you I'm getting a little panicky, I've been given a date 15th September for my new XC60 I'm told it would be earlier rather than later, have now sold my my current XC60 to a relative, all set to transfer on the 15th. I tried hard to put him off buying my car, because of such problems, so much easier with a straight PX. At least he will get a good car at trade price.
Just hope it all comes to plan.

andyfromembsay Sep 3rd, 2017 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2314663)
Like you I'm getting a little panicky, I've been given a date 15th September for my new XC60 I'm told it would be earlier rather than later, have now sold my my current XC60 to a relative, all set to transfer on the 15th. I tried hard to put him off buying my car, because of such problems, so much easier with a straight PX. At least he will get a good car at trade price.

I'm picking mine up on 15/9 🤞🏻so I guess yours should be in a similar/same shipment to mine - in which case I'd check the status with your dealer - mine showed as "factory complete" (which I guess means "built but not on its way yet") as at Thursday 31/8 and was still showing as delivery to dealer on 11/9.

That certainly put my mind at rest anyway!

andyfromembsay Sep 3rd, 2017 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt2e (Post 2314640)
Are XC90's still built in Sweden? Most new vehicles coming across Europe (from China in the case of the S90) are being delayed because of rail problems in Germany.

If it is coming from China they seem to be getting held up in Poland. mine has been pushed back two months over the originally quoted 4 months ... roll on October!

I'm pretty sure XC90 is still Sweden, given the timings they gave me - build date 30/8, delivery to dealer 11/9, which would be pretty stretching if coming overland from China as well as getting through import shenanigans in the UK.

Bernard F Sep 3rd, 2017 11:45

Quote:

The main advantage with PX is any problems that develop go with the car, not you and however close the relative it's worth a mention. Your new car delivery should be OK. I was changed from 30 September build to end of October but this has been lifted 10 days, probably sooner by the dealer, hope its true and not just to placate me.

chrisnoy Sep 3rd, 2017 11:56

Mine still due by end of September. Should be at dealers after 18th September.
I am guessing new XC60 will come from Sweden direct by boat?

Bernard F Sep 3rd, 2017 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisnoy (Post 2314724)
Mine still due by end of September. Should be at dealers after 18th September.
I am guessing new XC60 will come from Sweden direct by boat?

As a matter of interest when did you place your order and is it an Inscription. Hope you do not mind me asking.

bobby2000 Sep 3rd, 2017 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard F (Post 2314715)
The main advantage with PX is any problems that develop go with the car, not you and however close the relative it's worth a mention. Your new car delivery should be OK. I was changed from 30 September build to end of October but this has been lifted 10 days, probably sooner by the dealer, hope its true and not just to placate me.

Believe me I tried to put him off, told him would need a service in October, MOT end of January, there aren't any bad bits with the car, apart from the odd stone chip. But he was adamant that he wants it. I think it's probably about 3k under retail, so I guess you can get a lot of work done for that. It will still be under manufacturer warranty until the 30th January 2018, so he should get about 4 months.

chrisnoy Sep 3rd, 2017 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard F (Post 2314728)
As a matter of interest when did you place your order and is it an Inscription. Hope you do not mind me asking.

Not at all, I ordered in May and it's an R Design Pro T5 XC60

bobby2000 Sep 4th, 2017 09:40

Quote:

Just had an update on delivery, now expected on the 11th Sept.