Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   M90 adjustable short-throw shifter feeler/Group buy (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99159)

gpl1968 Sep 13th, 2010 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440-Turbo (Post 740280)
Has anyone fitted their short shifter yet?

Can anyone comment if they are worth the investment?

I can't afford to keep one for myself now as I was sent 8 instead of 10 and can't get hold of the seller, leaving me a few hundred quid out of pocket! I've also decided not to keep my 940 so can't comment on how good the product is.

I've had mine in the car for over a year and It was definately a good buy.

It makes the shift action of the already good M90 box even better.
The throw is obviously much shorter(there's no point in setting it to anything but the shortest setting).
The shift action is also slicker and lighter as the rubber bushes are replaced by a precision bearing.

It has to be one of the best mods you can do to an M90 equiped car.

440-Turbo Sep 13th, 2010 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc (Post 740310)
I'd love one of these but I've no money at the moment, how many have you got left?.

As I can not afford one due to being sent 2 short there are 5 available at present.

Jim760, nosuchuser, scouskie and yourself (tc) have all shown an interest but are currently short of funds.

I have also now listed them on eBay at £155 or best offer, with 5 available.

I have said that I will hold one for Jim until I am down to my last one then I will need a deposit. If anyone does want one holding then a £30 non refundable PayPal gift deposit would be required, with a date that full payment would be made by.

Forgive me if that seems brash but things haven't exactly gone to plan and I am now a few hundred quid out of pocket. I want these shifters and my 940 gone so I can concentrate more on other things.

440-Turbo Sep 13th, 2010 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpl1968 (Post 740326)
I've had mine in the car for over a year and It was definately a good buy.

It makes the shift action of the already good M90 box even better.
The throw is obviously much shorter(there's no point in setting it to anything but the shortest setting).
The shift action is also slicker and lighter as the rubber bushes are replaced by a precision bearing.

It has to be one of the best mods you can do to an M90 equiped car.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, especially as you were not involved in this group buy.

Hopefully your recommendations will help the remaining few sell!

Jim760 Sep 13th, 2010 22:39

Hi 440, im al for the deposite if required, need to grab some tail lights as mien are ileagal and the dreaded road tax. i shoudl be good to go in 2 weeks. would be easyer to drop you a ton than a ton and 3 bits lol

nosuchuser Sep 18th, 2010 12:12

Just sent my payment ;)

One down...

440-Turbo Sep 18th, 2010 13:31

nosuchuser - paid in full
tc - deposit on it's way
Jim760 - deposit on it's way

Thanks fellas!

That leaves 2 remaining

Jim760 Sep 18th, 2010 14:09

deposit delivered! woohoo manual madness is gettin closer and closer

nosuchuser Sep 22nd, 2010 08:38

Received mine ;)

Just need to make time to fit it.

Looks good, clean welds and the bearing/cup action is very smooth. Will update once its in the car

Cheers

440-Turbo Oct 14th, 2010 21:43

Anybody from the goup buy got round to fitting it yet?

wooble Oct 15th, 2010 10:18

Mine's fitted to the gearbox, but the gearbox is still on a pallet in my unit and will remain so for a while yet!

I must however confess, I did sit a spare driver's seat next to the gearbox and pretend to go through the gears. While making engine noises.