Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A Name to Call Ourselves.... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18951)

S60-MBS May 7th, 2006 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDMeanor
I do think it very strange that almost two thirds of supporters for the Volvo Community have voted within the last few hours.....well, ever since I announced the results!

Conspiracy theory anyone?:laughing-smiley-018

definitly a conspiracy jules....:teufel021:

Chris_C May 9th, 2006 01:12

I still reckon Volvo Untied was the best name...:Banane45:

foggyjames May 9th, 2006 01:48

Volvo United sounds a bit like a shoddy football team, but 'the Volvo united meet' works....if you get me. Subtle distinction, I know...

cheers

James

MissDMeanor May 9th, 2006 02:37

I agree with you James.... I must've thrown the poll together 'cos it wasn't very well thought out - sorry guys.

I also could have and should have set a time limit to the voting;)

MissDMeanor May 18th, 2006 00:54

Thanks for your vote. Voting is now null and void and has been since 6th May when the votes were Volvo Community:11 ; Volvo United Meets:13.

We are Volvo United Meets

IC May 18th, 2006 05:04

Poll closed

As Julie has posted the poll is now closed. :)

MissDMeanor May 19th, 2006 13:18

Sorry Wobbly Dave - I wrongly thought you'd voted

ChrisGrant May 19th, 2006 14:04

So let me get this right! approx 30 people voted and the name is chosen what about the other 9970 members don't that have a say sounds like a Dictatorship to me :cyclops:
Stick to the arcade MissD otherwise someone might get YA! :cow8:

MissDMeanor May 19th, 2006 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGrant
So let me get this right! approx 30 people voted and the name is chosen what about the other 9970 members don't that have a say sounds like a Dictatorship to me :cyclops:
Stick to the arcade MissD otherwise someone might get YA! :cow8:

Hmmm, interesting response Chris.....

The reason why we put it to a poll was to give people choice rather than a select few deciding, which would be a dictatorship in my opinion. The very essence of a poll is a democratic vote.

When setting the poll I had the choice to set a time limit and due to the fact that we'd already had one meet and the next was fully under way, time was of the essence in deciding a name. I should have set a time limit. Originally I thought one week would suffice which would give everyone involved and interested an opportunity to vote. Nobody had voted for quite a few days when I posted the results so this indicated to me that everyone who had wanted to vote had indeed voted.

Since I posted the results there have been some trolls at work in the voting system. They enjoy nothing more than peeing on people's (particularly mine) bonfires. I wrongly accused Wobbly Dave of this - sorry Dave. Anyway, this explains the sudden support for the name Volvo Community unfortunately.

The poll ran for 8 days but if you consider it a dictatorship and wish it to continue infinitum then so be it!

TheJoyOfSix May 19th, 2006 16:39

The poll was not an acurate reflection of members wishes. There were no options for;

VUC AFF
VUKM
VUC AFF BMW
VUC OFF and DIE
Walrus Polishing
Hamster Pickling
Lobster Cobfusing..........................