Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What type of Volvo do you own? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22658)

740Estate Aug 13th, 2006 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGrant (Post 136470)
The classic Old age Volvo driver with full beard.....

VS

The new Age reckless Volvo driver with face fluff :cyclops:

Hope you have a turbo on yours............

The track will be the Nurembeoxford ring road!!

PS. no you can't bring your Caravan :icon_smile_lachuh:

Tickets? How much, where from.

Oh and I'll have a tenner on the 740. By the time you've warmed your Turbo up, the 740 will have hit you up the back, set your airbags off and while you're picking up the ABS plastic off the road, Badger will be slowly cruising to victory with a mere scratch on the bumper, Adjusting his flatcap and pipe so as to look smart and respectable whilst crossing the finish line, parking up at his caravan for a nice cup of rosie lea.

I take it you were on about banger racing? :) :Banane32:

C'mon 700/900 series! I passed about 20 of em on the way back from camping up Norfolk the past week! There's gotta be more of you on the forum!

TheJoyOfSix Aug 13th, 2006 15:32

Well at this stage it looks like the FWD girls are the most prevalent, [S Connery voice] Shome Mishtake Shurely?[/S Connery voice]

MissDMeanor Aug 13th, 2006 17:23

FWD FTW:Banane59:

IC Aug 13th, 2006 17:51

Quite right Ju, it's quite clear that the fwds have it. Thanks for the opportunity to prove that Rupert! :cyclops:

TheJoyOfSix Aug 13th, 2006 19:01

Look, just because they are the most popular amongst those who have bothered to vote doesn't mean that they are best.......

Anyway, it just proves that FWD is common.....

740Estate Aug 13th, 2006 19:03

I'd rather be able to steer with the rear, than have the grunt from the front...

CTCNetwork Aug 13th, 2006 19:08

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 Man (Post 137304)
Anyway, it just proves that FWD is common.....

Absolutely... Common as muck!!
Keep RWD for the elite.. :D :cyclops:

Des. . . ;)

Citizen.Agfa Aug 13th, 2006 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 Man (Post 137248)
Well at this stage it looks like the FWD girls are the most prevalent, [S Connery voice] Shome Mishtake Shurely?[/S Connery voice]

Ahem, I think you'll find that "Shome mishtake shurely?" is copyright of Private Eye. Allegedly.

Regards, Nick 'Get Out More' Heneghan.

Badger-Bob Aug 14th, 2006 09:38

[QUOTE=740Estate;137216]Tickets? How much, where from.

Oh and I'll have a tenner on the 740. By the time you've warmed your Turbo up, the 740 will have hit you up the back, set your airbags off and while you're picking up the ABS plastic off the road, Badger will be slowly cruising to victory with a mere scratch on the bumper, Adjusting his flatcap and pipe so as to look smart and respectable whilst crossing the finish line, parking up at his caravan for a nice cup of rosie lea.

I take it you were on about banger racing? :) :Banane32:

To right mate brain over brawn everytime:speechless-smiley-0
I hope you had a great holiday Tim.Bob

perussell Aug 14th, 2006 11:13

Hmmmm. Don't see any 4x4 options in here which is surprising since the XC90 is currently the top selling Volvo.......