Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What type of Volvo do you own? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22658)

740Estate Aug 14th, 2006 11:28

Well people say the 700's are a bit 'Agricultural', so feel free to drop any 4x4 votes in there!

perussell Aug 14th, 2006 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740Estate (Post 137455)
Well people say the 700's are a bit 'Agricultural', so feel free to drop any 4x4 votes in there!

You cheeky sod :-)
Anyone who has ever driven an XC90 would never describe them as agricultural!

chow Aug 14th, 2006 12:41

not surprisingly the 850/70 are in the majority on here, there much more likely to be owned by the enthusiast as oppossed to the other lumbering panzers which are far more likely to be owned by the beardy weirdy caravan type of person of the old volvo school (who thankfully appear to be dying out slowly), incidently anyone caught up in tha awfull jam on the A34 on saturday i was stuck for over a hour when we finally got to the hold up ......yes, youve guesed it a hell hutch had flipped over it was in bits all over the road which did cheer us up a bit its always nice to see one in that state even if they have caused you untold grief hopefully the misguided unfortunates who owned it have learned their lesson and will have decided towing one of those abominations is just not worth it.

Badger-Bob Aug 14th, 2006 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by chow (Post 137461)
not surprisingly the 850/70 are in the majority on here, there much more likely to be owned by the enthusiast as oppossed to the other lumbering panzers which are far more likely to be owned by the beardy weirdy caravan type of person of the old volvo school (who thankfully appear to be dying out slowly), incidently anyone caught up in tha awfull jam on the A34 on saturday i was stuck for over a hour when we finally got to the hold up ......yes, youve guesed it a hell hutch had flipped over it was in bits all over the road which did cheer us up a bit its always nice to see one in that state even if they have caused you untold grief hopefully the misguided unfortunates who owned it have learned their lesson and will have decided towing one of those abominations is just not worth it.

Here we go again.Sad aint it :mumbles:

ps What were you doing in Badger Country?

Badger-Bob Aug 14th, 2006 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by perussell (Post 137458)

I thought I saw one of them pulling a trailer with a lod of hay on the other day lol :Banane32:

740Estate Aug 14th, 2006 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by perussell (Post 137458)

Never said anything of the sort! :cyclops:

I was thinking along the lines that if people called 700's agricultural... then agricultural pertaining to the land.. think of fields, etc... country....mud and cross country routes....

Then a X Country 90 (XC90) would be more than at home amongst them! What with it being a 4 x 4.

:speechless-smiley-0

So.. Stick yer vote in the 700/900 slot!

CTCNetwork Aug 14th, 2006 15:01

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by 740Estate (Post 137496)
Never said anything of the sort! :cyclops:

I was thinking along the lines that if people called 700's agricultural... then agricultural pertaining to the land.. think of fields, etc... country....mud and cross country routes....

Then a X Country 90 (XC90) would be more than at home amongst them! What with it being a 4 x 4.

:speechless-smiley-0

So.. Stick yer vote in the 700/900 slot!

Absolutely.
The same applies to the XC70 I do believe..

Particularly as they both have RWD.. :D

Des. . . ;)

chow Aug 14th, 2006 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger-Bob (Post 137474)
Here we go again.Sad aint it :mumbles:

ps What were you doing in Badger Country?

i wasnt thank god, the A 34 runs from salford in lancs to winchester which covers as im sure you will appreciate a fair few of our counties apart from "badger country"

Badger-Bob Aug 14th, 2006 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by chow (Post 137549)
i wasnt thank god, the A 34 runs from salford in lancs to winchester which covers as im sure you will appreciate a fair few of our counties apart from "badger country"

Thats ok then :) The reason I asked was because there was a big hold up on our stretch of the A34 on saturday as well. Bob

imac Aug 14th, 2006 20:57

I'm 22, Student, Live with parents and have an S60. I don't have any kids that I'm aware of! :cyclops:

Both parents have 850 T5's (1994 and 1996) of which I drive occasionally.