Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   RWD Rally 2007 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24286)

Velorum Sep 17th, 2006 00:17

Rally info sheet

All

I have been working on the info sheet and think that it will make a good focal point for discussion, suggestions and planning. Unfortunately, I cant attach it as it now exceeds the maximum size permitted for a 'word' doc. I have posted on the forum support section for advice on how to overcome this - as soon as I can attach it I will.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by my lack of IT skills!

Ian

Velorum Sep 17th, 2006 08:07

Rally info sheet

1 Attachment(s)
This should now be attached as a zip file (fingers crossed!)

Ian

tuning_redblock Sep 17th, 2006 20:11

Hello Ian, I don't know about everyone else, but there seems to be a great enthusiasm for Le Mans, therefore I will still be planning for this, I'd like to go to the BKV, but feel a large contingent of volvo's, standard and modified, FWD, RWD and AWB will do better for 'image' and 'PR' than us staying together meeting at an event. I love the BKV's but I feel this would benefit the club hugely. We can even get coverage from the 'old skool' magazines.

So is everyone still up for the Le Mans trip?

Velorum Sep 17th, 2006 20:56

Hi Andi

I guess we need to see what everyone thinks. I know that a lot of rwd owners like to attend the BKV. I was keen to go next year as I havent been yet!

There are a number of options

1. Organise rwd rally for Le Mans
2. Organise general Volvo Le Mans rally
3. Organise rwd rally for Monte Carlo or the Alps etc
4. And, erm, so more I havent thought of yet!

I am sure that you have read some other posts discussing RWD / FWD who is welcome, who isnt etc. It was never my intention to get bogged down in all of this (though I have no problem regarding what people turn up in - I hate excluding anyone) but this I think is attributable to the Le Mans destination.

My inclination is to give it another couple of weeks, see what opinions are posted, state a destination with some dates etc and then those that are up for it sign on.

I would like to adhere to my original intention - a rally for old/classic/rwd Volvos that involves travelling a substantial distance to somewhere on the Continent.

Lets see what people think. However, should there be enough support for option 3 then I must be honest and say that this is the one I would lean towards! If opinion favours option 2 then I think that this needs to be a generic Volvo rally - something outside of my remit I think!

Ian

James_N Sep 17th, 2006 23:47

well whichever of those 4 happens, i'll be in :D

foggyjames Sep 18th, 2006 00:20

In for the updates. Most likely a 240 (estate) or 340 to add to the list.

cheers

James

Cornholio Sep 18th, 2006 07:30

Mrs C, the 340 and I are still tentatively interested in Le Mans. However, I'm afraid that we can't be definite at this stage.

We'd be lodging chez Ma Cornholio anyway, so hopefully our indecisiveness won't cause any problems.

Velorum Sep 18th, 2006 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_N (Post 148319)
well whichever of those 4 happens, i'll be in :D

Great stuff James!

Velorum Sep 18th, 2006 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornholio (Post 148355)
Mrs C, the 340 and I are still tentatively interested in Le Mans. However, I'm afraid that we can't be definite at this stage.

We'd be lodging chez Ma Cornholio anyway, so hopefully our indecisiveness won't cause any problems.

How do you feel about the other alternatives Gavin?

Velorum Sep 18th, 2006 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyjames (Post 148326)
In for the updates. Most likely a 240 (estate) or 340 to add to the list.

cheers

James

Hi James - have added you to the info sheet.

Ian