Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   1st Impressions of my new XC60 T5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286482)

simonjedrake Oct 2nd, 2018 18:39

Voice Control Updated

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2450662)
I know you have only just got the car , but you have probably just missed the new voice control update software , lots of improvements …

You do it yourself from here :

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...peech&csid=spa

Clan.
Just installed the latest voice control update, a much improved system. Thanks for Heads Up.

oscillator Oct 17th, 2018 20:16

Mine has just had its 3 month QAI done (a bit early) after I've done c. 2000 miles in it. Its my first Volvo.

Overall I like it, especially the interior design and build quality, the refined powertrain, and the great seats. I ordered the HK system, but didn't get it (long story, not wholly Volvo's fault), but I am happy with the standard system. I glad I had it Polestarred, to me the gearbox management in Dynamic mode is much better (it wasn't installed as new as there was an upgrade in the offing, so I drove it without initially), and I am told it gets better mpg when the car is in Eco mode on motorways - not sure if that is true. The ride is impressive too, I think the 19" wheels and relatively high profile Michelins assist in that.

What I really dislike is the gigantic key which is far too large for a trouser pocket. I'm not sure about the lane keeping software, my previous Merc managed it much better, and I don't like the sensitivity of the proximity warnings (which also fire up the screen and don't switch it back off, which I prefer to have blacked out unless using).

T5 Inscription, Mussel Blue/blonde, Xenium, Keyless, Polestar.

Crockers Oct 18th, 2018 22:52

Ah ha. Another mussel blue

gaby Oct 19th, 2018 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2453475)
Clan.
Just installed the latest voice control update, a much improved system. Thanks for Heads Up.

I also did that, or at least I tried!
To my surprise, Sensus reported that there already is a more recent version installed
which is strange since no update is done since the car was delivered in june 2017.

encroute Oct 19th, 2018 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by macklij (Post 2453174)
Before you book it in, try a few different songs if you haven't already.....

Not exactly related, but when I was testing Android Auto apps, in my local Volvo Showroom, I attached my phone and connected, and opened Audible, and pressed Play.

The volume was high
The windows were open
Across the showroom rang out: "Chapter 14: F**k off you little c***, I'm going to tear your head off and stuff it down your throat".:eek:

I hit the pause, and all around there were Meerkat like heads popping out of offices and behind showroom cars to check what they'd just heard!:shocked:

So, be careful out there...!:angel_smile:

Clan Oct 19th, 2018 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaby (Post 2459085)
I also did that, or at least I tried!
To my surprise, Sensus reported that there already is a more recent version installed
which is strange since no update is done since the car was delivered in june 2017.

Your car has not visited the garage since June 2017 ? What about the service ? Software gets updated then .

gaby Oct 19th, 2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2459097)
Your car has not visited the garage since June 2017 ? What about the service ? Software gets updated then .

The car was in for service after (about) a year, including sotware updates except maps and voice control.
But even if voice control was updated, the latest software can't be installed since it was only released on september 17.

Parisien Oct 19th, 2018 17:22

So Simon, after a reasonable period of owning, how does it actually drive, pulling away, whats it like at over taking, handling, level of refinement, road noise, gear change, practicalities of daily use....and dare I say, had any issues......indeed all those things that add to the ownership or pride in driving a new Volvo!

P

Clan Oct 19th, 2018 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaby (Post 2459133)
The car was in for service after (about) a year, including sotware updates except maps and voice control.
But even if voice control was updated, the latest software can't be installed since it was only released on september 17.

I see what you mean , so what is the exact message that comes up ? You might have to wait for the next update for whatever reason ..

gaby Oct 20th, 2018 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2459198)
I see what you mean , so what is the exact message that comes up ? You might have to wait for the next update for whatever reason ..

I don't recall the exact message, I will try again and pay more attention :teeth_smile: