Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Considering Selling my V70 R (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216501)

tc Oct 23rd, 2014 17:08

Considering Selling my V70 R

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm considering selling my R, I love the car but I'm possibly getting a much lower mileage AWD in a week or so and it just makes more sense to sell mine rather than the other.

Car is a 98 V70 R Manual 2wd, it's covered just over 192k. Pics speak for themselves as does the extensive rebuild thread, car has had a lot of the interior replaced recently, it has a front splitter, custom rear bumper with built in deffuser,egg crate grill,headlight wipers removed and blanks fitted,new front and rear lights, tints all round (except the fronts), 18" Nebular alloys, strut brace, BSR intake, Scorpion exhaust, decat, refurbed injectors, new handbrake cables (about two weeks ago), front and rear discs replaced last year,recently rebuilt turbo, Rica Remap.

It has a couple of jobs that need doing, one is the head needs replacing as it smokes if it's left idling for too long however I have a fully rebuilt head and most of the parts to replace this which I will include in the sale, also needs timing belt replacing but I also have one of these to fit which could be done when the heads swapped.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps2182b573.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps6c27a43e.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psc171070e.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psc6546e8f.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps978d882b.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psa16e089d.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps3983093c.jpg

For more info and pics please read the build thread in the project section.

Price wise I'm not really sure what to ask as I've spent a hell of a lot on it but I know it still needs a few jobs doing to make it right, I'd like if I could to get around £2000 as it is, this is of course provided that all goes to plan and the other car is as nice as I think it is...

Oh forgot to add, the original rear bumper can be supplied as well if needed, I know the diffuser isn't to everyones tastes.

500tie Oct 23rd, 2014 19:16

Personally I think it's worth £2000 of anyone's money mate wish I had it spare I'd have it in a second. Good luck if you do decide to let it go

tc Oct 23rd, 2014 19:26

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll know one way or the other next week. What I may do yet is swap some of the nicer stuff off mine onto the new car and then let mine go for slightly less.

500tie Oct 23rd, 2014 20:25

I agree mate you may aswell make the best car you can between the 2 for yourself, then sell what's left. Get the best of both worlds that way

JackJones Oct 23rd, 2014 21:39

Looks a nice motor, the new one coming must be good to beat that. Where did you get the rip kit from?

Goldmember Oct 23rd, 2014 22:16

Hi Tc. Just wanted to say I have been a great admirer of this car having read ur build thread. Its a stunning example (I like the new bumper btw) :) Sorry I cant afford to buy it.. but just to let u kno I'd bite your hand off for ur exhaust and BSR intake if u had OE stuff to replace it :D Stuff fixing the daily driver lol!
All the best with the sale if u do sell it.
Steve

tc Oct 23rd, 2014 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 1765735)
Hi Tc. Just wanted to say I have been a great admirer of this car having read ur build thread. Its a stunning example (I like the new bumper btw) :) Sorry I cant afford to buy it.. but just to let u kno I'd bite your hand off for ur exhaust and BSR intake if u had OE stuff to replace it :D Stuff fixing the daily driver lol!
All the best with the sale if u do sell it.
Steve

Lmao.. Thanks Steve I appreciate that, it's been a lot of work. I'm still kinda undecided what to do, my problem is I dont have an awfull lot of time to make my mind up either. I should be getting the other R next week so once I've had a go in it for a few days I'll know one way or the other which I want to keep.

tc Oct 23rd, 2014 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackJones (Post 1765712)
Looks a nice motor, the new one coming must be good to beat that. Where did you get the rip kit from?

Thanks Jack, the new ones not as modified but a hell of a lot less miles and hopefully is a better starting point for mods. The RIP kit is I think one of the early original Volvo ones, they came on the early Volvo 850 turbo's

RollingThunder Oct 26th, 2014 09:34

I was just looking at that and thought it was the OEM one not an aftermarket kit. If you decide to sell any bits off it, then I'd def want the spark plug cover plate - love that artwork :)

Shame that you're selling it after all you've done to it, but I'm doing exactly the same thing - selling a high mileage but sound example for a lower mileage temptress lol.

Hope your AWD is a good un! I'm super excited about getting mine on the road.

tc Oct 27th, 2014 22:06

Cheers bud, I should get the new one tomorrow all being well, still undecided which to sell but I'm sure I'll know once I've looked at it as far as parts go bud the spark plug cover isn't on it anymore, that got sold about a month ago as I was planning on painting a new one.

Goldmember Oct 28th, 2014 00:14

( Break it .. break it .. break it .. break it ... ) :P :D
Only kidding mate. Whoever gets ur old 1 gets a unique and well sorted car despite the engine head etc

tc Oct 28th, 2014 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 1768357)
( Break it .. break it .. break it .. break it ... ) :P :D
Only kidding mate. Whoever gets ur old 1 gets a unique and well sorted car despite the engine head etc

Lmfao... Shut up you... I think it'd be a crime to break it now after bringing it back from the dead like i did.

500tie Oct 28th, 2014 19:32

If I was you Craig I would be able to break it I think I'd be more inclined to finish it to be honest then You've got the perfect car that's had so much of your time in it.

tc Oct 28th, 2014 20:03

I'm in a quandary as the new car is too damn nice to break, mine is too nice to break as well, need to sell one of them.

500tie Oct 28th, 2014 20:37

I see your problem if it was me I know I'd end up keeping them both ive sold so many of my previous vehicles and regretted it. It must be hard though to try and pick one over the other but then I suppose if you wanted to keep the new one you could always put some of parts over from your other one.

tc Oct 28th, 2014 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500tie (Post 1768863)
I see your problem if it was me I know I'd end up keeping them both ive sold so many of my previous vehicles and regretted it. It must be hard though to try and pick one over the other but then I suppose if you wanted to keep the new one you could always put some of parts over from your other one.

I'd dearly love to keep both, the AWD is really nice but sadly I cant afford to.

volvo145 Oct 28th, 2014 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc (Post 1768876)
I'd dearly love to keep both, the AWD is really nice but sadly I cant afford to.

Keep one for summer cruising and one for the winter weather, simple!
They don't need to be officially on the road at the same time therefore wont cost you the earth

tc Oct 28th, 2014 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo145 (Post 1768882)
Keep one for summer cruising and one for the winter weather, simple!
They don't need to be officially on the road at the same time therefore wont cost you the earth

I would but I've got money tied up in the new one that I needed to pay the bills so either I find a way of making that money back or I have to sell one.

volvo145 Oct 28th, 2014 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc (Post 1768890)
I would but I've got money tied up in the new one that I needed to pay the bills so either I find a way of making that money back or I have to sell one.

You WILL find away to keep both.

tc Oct 28th, 2014 21:33

Yeah sadly that's not gonna happen

tc Oct 29th, 2014 00:30

Really not sure what to do, I know I can get a decent amount for this one or the new one, I doubt I'd get the same amount back if I broke mine as I'd want to put quite a few bits off it onto the AWD.

For the sake of interest only (dont get excited)... What bits would anyone want off my R if I broke it?.. Headlights, indicators, rear lights,grill and strutbrace are definitley not for sale as they'll be getting swapped over. Pretty much everything else will be up for grabs as lots wouldnt fit the AWD anyway.

List.. (Off the top of my head)

Scorpion exhaust. £200
18" Nebs (refurbed) £400
BSR intake £70
Fully reconned 18T £200
Front bumper £100
Brand new rear shocks and lowering springs for Nivomat delete. £100
Manual Gearbox. £150
Reconned Cylinder head £150
De catted downpipe £50
Mesh grill £50
Pair brand new Genuine hand brake cables £80
Clocks £70
Rica 310 mapped ECU £150

Anything else you can think of.

This is only too see if there's any actual demand for breaking it..

500tie Oct 29th, 2014 08:21

I'd be interested in the front bumper mate and possibly the interior if I can fit an R interior into mine

brickman Oct 29th, 2014 20:04

I'd also take front bumper, been looking for one in that colour for so long now its getting old :(
Also need a standard or dual exit rear, mine looks like someone has been trying to eat it :(

JackJones Oct 30th, 2014 02:00

I'd definitely buy your rip kit if you're selling it.

Goldmember Oct 30th, 2014 09:58

Tc, I'd take the exhaust and BSR intake for definate if u go down this route.

Steve

Goldmember Oct 30th, 2014 10:47

And maybe the downpipe if it still passes an MOT with it fitted as I dont have a mod-friendly MOT station to use.

Silly question - will these fit my 2.5T as forgot yours was an R?
I kno this is all speculative just thought I'd ask 1st.

bigcc Oct 30th, 2014 18:54

What about a price for the car minus the bits you've decided to keep?

tc Oct 31st, 2014 00:53

Sorry guys, the other car has potentialy now sold so this one won't be up for sale/getting broken as it'd leave me with nothing.

RollingThunder Oct 31st, 2014 13:01

You've sold the AWD? Looked lovely that one (apart from the beige interior lol)

tc Oct 31st, 2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingThunder (Post 1770624)
You've sold the AWD? Looked lovely that one (apart from the beige interior lol)

Hopefully I have, lol, just waiting on the buyer paying for it. It is a really nice car (bar the interior lol)

Goldmember Oct 31st, 2014 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc (Post 1770722)
Hopefully I have, lol, just waiting on the buyer paying for it. It is a really nice car (bar the interior lol)

Oi!! You two!! Nowt wrong with cream interiors!! :D

500tie Oct 31st, 2014 17:34

I'm sorry goldmember I've got to agree with the other two, those beige interiors just show up all the dirt and marks. Black interior now that's the way forwards

tc Oct 31st, 2014 19:11

Yeah, sorry but I'm not a fan of the beige interiors.

tc Nov 29th, 2014 23:18

Think this will still have to go as I'm kinda completely broke so need to generate some money. Willing to accept offers

Goldmember Nov 29th, 2014 23:40

Hi Tc.. I'm sorry to see this , and wish you the best of luck whatever you decide .
I'm being genuine here and dont want to be seen as taking advantage but depending how you feel about the car itself is there any way you could keep the car but sell parts off it to generate enough cash? Like your earlier plans to break it but fit standard parts instead to keep it going? Since I've bought the R from you there isn't much I could buy off you but if you sold stuff like your wheels and your exhaust to others on here that would generate £650, I'd buy your BSR intake for £70 so that'd be over £720 easy ..obvious you would need standard parts to fit , am just trying to think of any other way than you having to sell it after all the work you've put into it.

tc Nov 29th, 2014 23:51

Yeah I've thought about that as well Ste but as you say it does mean having the other parts to put on, the airfilter wouldnt be a problem as I've got a stack of airfilter boxes lying around.
Cant really sell the wheel without having something to replace the 18's with, would have to be another set of comets and by the time I've taken them in part ex I'm going to be giving my wheels away for a couple of hundred quid.

Goldmember Nov 30th, 2014 00:37

I see what you mean mate :/ Can't think of another solution.. It's even annoying that if you did sell them you can't stick a spare set of 15s on it while you sort things out! If you do want to sell bits off it I'd buy the BSR kit off you anyway., but that's genuinely not why I'm replying here . I do hope it works out for you and you get to keep your pride and joy.

Steve

tc Nov 30th, 2014 00:48

Thanks Steve it's appreciated bud, I'm trying everything I can to make some money at the minute but sadly there's just nothing going at all.

500tie Nov 30th, 2014 08:21

Unfortunately mate I'm going through some very tight times myself so I can only offer my sympathy and hope things pick up for you, good luck if you do have to sell its a very nice looking motor so hopefully you shouldn't struggle too much

tc Dec 6th, 2014 13:48

Will take first £1600..