Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Special offer from MRG Chippenham (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59378)

foggyjames Oct 6th, 2008 19:41

Special offer from MRG Chippenham

The forum team have been approached by Ashok with the following offer he has managed to negotiate for forum members from MRG in Chippenham. MRG are a franchised dealership, and have hosted a couple of open days for members of the various UK Volvo forums. I think it's fair to say that they are generally held in a very high regard both by those who have attended these events, and who use them for their regular servicing.

If you want to PM Ashok to take advantage of his offer of delivery of parts to meets he is attending, you can do so here

Here goes with the message...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyaap
Hello all, following on from the success of the meet earlier this summer at MRG in Chippenham, and the current financial climate which inevitably means we all need to be that little bit more careful, they have very kindly offered to extend an exceptional deal to all forum members on both parts and servicing. As those present at the meet in July will confirm, MRG have not only demonstrated that they are at the very top of their game in terms of their expertise, but also offer fantastic aftersales customer support, and I am very grateful that they have agreed to continue to offer substantial discounts on parts, general servicing and other related work. Parts discounts will vary depending on the item (as a general rule of thumb, more commonly used service items will attract a larger discount) and should any forum member be willing to make the journey down to them, they will offer you the very best deal they can in terms of both parts and labour, for any work you wish for them to undertake (general servicing or otherwise).

For all parts related enquiries, please call MRG on 01249 656058 and ask to speak to Gary. Parts can either be collected from their premises, delivered to you for a nominal charge, or alternatively if I am personally able to attend any forum meets, I will gladly bring along items which have been pre-ordered and paid for, to save on postage costs. If anyone has any questions or would like a quote for any servicing related work, please call MRG on 01249 443300 (option 1) and ask to speak to Simon, the service manager at MRG. In all instances, please do remember to mention that you have been referred on from the forum.

I hope that you will be able to take up this very generous offer and show MRG the very same support which they have very kindly extended to us on this forum.

cheers

James

Paul Wildsmith Oct 6th, 2008 20:00

I can well recommend MRG - their 'normal' prices are very competitive, and service is excellent.

dodgyken Oct 7th, 2008 16:20

I can also comfirm they are a delight to visit. Helpful, and more than willing to shoot the breeze with you while they get the work done.

flint Nov 20th, 2008 22:47

Mrg

Had cam/aux belt service today at MRG.
Got the contact from the post detailing their good rates etc.
Best customer service I have seen. Best garage I have been to.
Quite a costly service but worth every penny. Got 4 wheels alingned which has made a huge difference.
Was introduced to the mechanic and he gave me the run down of what he was doing. Great guys over there. Very enthusiastic and thorough.
Even valeted the whole car for free before giving me the keys back!
They have a new regular customer.
Many thanks to those who posted the info about MRG. A very positive experience.

Happning Apr 3rd, 2009 13:12

MRG Chippenham

I've just had the ipod kit fitted to my 08 V70 2.5t by MRG. They did the 1st year service at the same time, all at a very reasonable rate. Very good service.

pigapumbu Apr 3rd, 2009 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happning (Post 487110)
I've just had the ipod kit fitted to my 08 V70 2.5t by MRG. They did the 1st year service at the same time, all at a very reasonable rate. Very good service.

Yes they are really good. I used to travel a good 1 hour just to get the car serviced by them. This year if I had not sold my volvo, I would have driven from Nottingham to MRG for the 3rd year service. (Sold the car a month before it was due).

I recommend MRG any day over these large dealerships any day.

cheers

saufboy Apr 5th, 2009 11:52

MRG has done all the work on my car for the last year, i live in sussex and it is still cheaper for me to go there than it is to take it to the dealer up the road, can only echo what everyone else says there service and attuitude to the customer is second to none. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

volvo2001 Feb 23rd, 2010 17:16

Amazing service

I recently had a major service done by MRG.

Volvo Swindon quoted me same service £200 more. What a rip off!!!

I can highly recommend MRG.

Sanzomat Mar 3rd, 2010 13:56

Had my 12,500 service done on my 2010MY V70 yesterday. Very pleased, got the discount. They also solved an issue that had been there since new and the dealer who did my 3000 mile check said was "completely normal" - in fact is was a missing bolt on the turbo intake chamber! Car beautifully clean inside and out too. Highly recommended.

bobdabuilda Jul 13th, 2010 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanzomat (Post 626829)
Had my 12,500 service done on my 2010MY V70 yesterday. Very pleased, got the discount. They also solved an issue that had been there since new and the dealer who did my 3000 mile check said was "completely normal" - in fact is was a missing bolt on the turbo intake chamber! Car beautifully clean inside and out too. Highly recommended.

What symptom did that cause? Was it just excessively noisy?

Sanzomat Aug 20th, 2010 13:29

Sorry for the delay responding - only just came back to this thread to get their number for my 25000 service! The missing turbo bolt resulted in a whistly/whooshy noise under acceleration and what sounded like "pinking" All has been fine since that service and those noises have not come back.

bengi Jan 12th, 2011 10:37

Faulty Alarm Siren

Found out what was wrong from other members, contacted Gary at MRG Chippenham and bought the replacement kit from him and then made arrangements for them to fit it. You may think the journey too far but the round trip of 172 miles was very worth while as they were very very competative with their prices and even with the cost of petrol i came out a winner.Top people to deal with and have no hesitation in recomending them.

chaoschaos Jan 26th, 2011 16:19

Always suspicious a newbie posting praise but thought it was worth posting about my experience with Simon and MRG as well.

Had my S60 a week and decided upon a cambelt change. Phoned Simon, booked me in next day, dropped me off at work and picked me up when requested, did a free 25 point check and all for a cracking price.

Having stayed away from main dealers over the recent years on various cars it was a very refreshing experience and I will certainly be using them again.

froggyted Feb 23rd, 2011 18:24

I too would endorse the quality of service provided by MRG. There have been a number of occasions when they've quoted me a price for a job and then charged me less. One example was when i had a rear spoiler retro-fitted on my previous S40 Classic. They do not have a paint shop so franchise the paint work out. They passed on about £100 savings to me compared to their original quote. I drive from Bristol to Chippenham to get my car serviced by MRG because i trust and respect them, commodities which are hard to find in the motor trade.

stonehenge Feb 24th, 2011 09:44

MRG :thumbs_up:

My XC90 visited for a service on Monday and received a job well done, super price and no issues whatsoever. Very pleased and will certainly use them again for all my work on the Volvo!

Steve

Icon123 Sep 19th, 2011 19:27

The best main dealer around

Just wanted to add my feedback on MRG. I've bought 2 cars from them and have been using them for over 5 years now (despite living near another Volvo main dealer) and they have by far been the best dealership I've ever used. From sales (Justin) to service (Simon, Andy and service manager Simon) the service they provide is faultless.

Friendly, cheap and high quality. A combination rarely found nowadays!

silverback02 Jul 6th, 2012 12:28

Hi all,
Are MRG still doing discounts on parts ? and do they post ?
If so anyone got a contact for them plz.
cheers,
Joe.

Doveaboy Sep 18th, 2012 09:33

You might be interested to know that Simon at MRG this week quoted me a price, including all sorts of discounts allegedly applied, that was £55.27 MORE than the regular price I'd been quoted by City Motors Volvo in Bristol for a 75k big dpf-replacing service. £970.27 versus £915. Ho hum...... Perhaps they're good for parts only

Paul Fife Oct 30th, 2012 20:43

Well I have booked my C30 in for a service with MRG, I usually do all my own servicing etc but thought I would see what they are like. Very happy so far with explanation of what will happen and service received.

Clan Oct 30th, 2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doveaboy (Post 1250323)
You might be interested to know that Simon at MRG this week quoted me a price, including all sorts of discounts allegedly applied, that was £55.27 MORE than the regular price I'd been quoted by City Motors Volvo in Bristol for a 75k big dpf-replacing service. £970.27 versus £915. Ho hum...... Perhaps they're good for parts only

what are the hourly labour rates for each of those dealers? I would presume the bristol one was lower ...?

Paul Fife Nov 14th, 2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Fife (Post 1280723)
Well I have booked my C30 in for a service with MRG, I usually do all my own servicing etc but thought I would see what they are like. Very happy so far with explanation of what will happen and service received.

Just got back from picking up my car, great service, courtesy car for 2 days, usual oils etc done. Air conditioning compressor faulty changed free of charge by them (volvo??) so can't complain. Really good service and piece of mind so can't complain. Price £300 I think it's ok. As I don't smoke anymore and used to spend over a 1/3 of that a month on fags I'm happy

foggyjames Mar 10th, 2013 14:36

For those who are pleased with MRG's service, you can do something to help them...
http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/componen...task,nominate/

...I'm lead to believe that this is important to them, and VCUK are taking a significant interest in the results.

cheers

James

SteveOC Jul 6th, 2013 00:39

Thumbs up from me - the guys at MRG helped me out at short notice again this week.

Steve O.

chrissampson2 Nov 11th, 2013 16:22

Does anyone know if MRG are still offering discounts for forum members? I forgot to mention when booking in for a service next week. They were excellent last year, and I hope the news about their loss of main dealer status isn't going to affect things in the future...

Dog Wagon Oct 27th, 2014 23:44

Recently took my V70 to MRG for a service plus auto gearbox oil change.
Previously I had always been very wary of garage servicing, particularly at main dealers. However, thought I would give them a go as the previous owner had the car serviced there and they had good feedback on the forum.
Best decision I have made !!! Excelent service, very profesional but friendly at the same time.
I had already obtained a quote for the work and this figure was confirmed to me when I dropped the car off. To my surprise, when they phoned to say the car was ready, they advised the final bill was some £97 less than the previously agreed figure.
All in all a very pleasant experience. MRG will certainly get my business again.

Chris1960 Jul 17th, 2015 10:21

Very pleased with MRG

Took my XC90 for some warranty work and left the car with them for the day. Nice new XC60 waiting for me to drive round in. Excellent service and really nice people. Asked whether I could have autofold mirrors on mine and they said would investigate. Next morning before 9 they phoned with reply. All in all very pleased with them and thankfully only just down the road from me