Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Auto Tailgate close function group buy. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250590)

tt82 May 24th, 2016 13:54

Auto Tailgate close function group buy.

Thanks to pierremcalpine's post we know it is possible to retrofit a module to enable those of us with a power tailgate, to close it via the remote.

The device can be fitted to any XC60, XC70 or V70 with a power tailgate. It does not matter if it is a hydraulic drive (upto MY12) or electromechanical drive (from MY12 onwards).

Video of the instalation can be seen here -
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm looking into setting up a group buy, which would hopefully net us a discount on the price. At the moment the units are priced at 55 Euros inc delivery, but they are on a back order and not available yet. Can people who are interested please add your name if your not already on the list.

tt82
I-S
pierremcalpine
GrantA
bobsy852
Pacman67
convertisaab
Cantankerous One
Whyman
spitz
deanosabby
DaiRees72
Model flyer
BL08
jiwilson
MikeIOW
jb955
antman99
whitbyfuji
wassap
Bantambuddy
Tickingcrow
crumpet
redshoe1
noodle1066
mhon76

New information.

For 10+ orders we well recieve a 15 Euro discount on the 55 Euro price if they are all shipped to the same address. I can recieve them and forward them on for a small cost. Anybody still wishing to take advantage of this offer needs to PM me with their vehicle model and VIN number.

MikeIOW May 24th, 2016 14:22

Very interesting!
I will have a think.....my main concern being my skills at getting the parts off without breaking one......although he does make it look particularly straightforward!

jb955 May 24th, 2016 19:29

I would like to be added to the list..

Thanks

John

antman99 May 25th, 2016 13:21

I may be interested if the price is right.

whitbyfuji May 25th, 2016 23:04

Very interested, would like to be added to the list please.

wassap May 29th, 2016 09:07

Add me to the list aswell please, will be a nice mod to my XC60 when it arrives :)

MikeIOW May 29th, 2016 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by antman99 (Post 2115468)
I may be interested if the price is right.

tt82 - let us know what you can get this down to: 55 Euros comes in just under £42....I can't imagine them going a lot lower, but see what you can do: I am a tentative like antman99 !

cheers

Bantambuddy May 29th, 2016 14:57

I would be very interested in one. Please let me know when you know more. Thanks

tt82 May 31st, 2016 16:29

I have just recieved this e-mail...

Quote:

Hello tt82

Yes, you can organize a group purchase.
The cost of one unit of 55 euros.
If you're taking more and more, you can save on transport.
I give a discount.
The discount will depend on the number of modules.

To order, I need a list of VIN to verify the drive type.
The module for vehicles with hydraulic and electromechanical drive door is different.
For machines with hydraulic drive (B70, hts70 until 2011)

Evgeny
If people want to PM me their names, along with Make, Model, Year and Vin number of their cars then I'll look to send him the info towards the end of the week.

redshoe1 Jun 2nd, 2016 18:29

Hi, I would be interested , I did try to PM you but got an error message, if you could PM myself and I'll reply. Thanks

tt82 Jun 9th, 2016 10:52

I have forwarded the details for the following people. Will update once I get a response.

tt82
Cantankerous One
Whyman
deanosabby
DaiRees72
Model flyer
BL08
Bantambuddy
Tickingcrow
wheelnut

tt82 Jun 9th, 2016 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshoe1 (Post 2119039)
Hi, I would be interested , I did try to PM you but got an error message, if you could PM myself and I'll reply. Thanks

You do not have enough posts to be able to PM, try posting in this thread - CAN'T PM? Get your post count bumped here...

noodle1066 Jun 9th, 2016 15:27

Hi there,

I'm in!!!!!

XC60 MY2016
CN: YV1DZA8C1G2853963

Hope I've not missed the boat, sent a couple of messages, but they are not appearing in "sent items"

Regards - Mark.

redshoe1 Jun 9th, 2016 20:26

Hi Yes that would appear to be the problem I do not have enough posts. Unfortunately I going to be off line after tonight for a number days, so may miss the offer.

tt82 Jun 10th, 2016 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle1066 (Post 2122067)
Hi there,

I'm in!!!!!

XC60 MY2016
CN: YV1DZA8C1G2853963

Hope I've not missed the boat, sent a couple of messages, but they are not appearing in "sent items"

Regards - Mark.

I've had 2 PM's from you, it's working fine.

tt82 Jun 10th, 2016 09:11

I have recieved an e-mail from Evgeny

Quote:

Hello tt82

With the purchase of 10 pieces and sent in one box, the cost per unit of 40 Euros. Price includes shipping.

Now a very large demand for modules and they are not available.I ordered a lot of parts for manufacturing. I am waiting for the supply of spare parts. I think you need to wait 1-2 weeks.

Evgeny
It looks as if I'll have them all sent to me and then I'll have to post them on which will add a bit more to the Postage cost. Unable to say what that is at them moment, I'll look into it but realistically we should only be talking £2-3.

I have recieved 2 more Vin numbers, so I will aim to pass them on to Evgeny in a few days. There is still time for more people to join, and those who have not sent their VIN numbers yet to do so.

noodle1066 Jun 10th, 2016 22:02

Once they've arrived, we should all meet at the same place and undertake a mass retrofit, assist others if required, then video a mass open and closure of tailgates :)

Bantambuddy Jun 12th, 2016 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt82 (Post 2122407)
I have recieved an e-mail from Evgeny

It looks as if I'll have them all sent to me and then I'll have to post them on which will add a bit more to the Postage cost. Unable to say what that is at them moment, I'll look into it but realistically we should only be talking £2-3.

I have recieved 2 more Vin numbers, so I will aim to pass them on to Evgeny in a few days. There is still time for more people to join, and those who have not sent their VIN numbers yet to do so.

Hopefully they may arrive in time sooner rather than later. What about bringing to National BKV if they arrive

jb955 Jun 14th, 2016 10:48

Hi

I'm still interested, just waiting for Admins to increase my post count and I'll then send you my details...

Thanks

John

jb955 Jun 22nd, 2016 14:37

Hi, still waiting for Admin to bump up my post count...

Here are my details:

Hope I'm not too late...

Thanks

John

tt82 Jun 22nd, 2016 16:01

Apologies for the lack of communication, been a bit busy of late and not been on here as much as I would want. I've had an e-mail from Evengy saying the units are ready to order. I need to compile another list of VIN's to send him from the PM's which I aim to do tonight. I'll update this thread when I get a response but as the national BKV is this weekend, my time on the forum will be at a premium.

tt82 Jun 22nd, 2016 20:27

UPDATE

I've just sent the following peoples details to Evgeny

noodle1066
mhon72
Crumpet
spitz
jiWilson
daithevet
REDSHOE1
Pierremcalpine x 2
I-S

If we can get 20+ orders then he will send them for free, which would mean a cost of 45 euro's plus postage from me to you (There has been a slight increase in cost due to a change in supplier of MCU.). He's emailed me the size and weight so I can look into this cost.

He's also looking at including a warning buzzer into the design if people are interested. Estimate is it would add 10 Euros to the initial cost.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

tt82 Jun 27th, 2016 13:36

I'm looking at confirming the purchase with Evgeny either today or tomorrow, so this is the last call for anybody wanting to partake in the group buy.

My list so far is

Mechanic drive
1. Deanosabby, XC70 MY2012
2. Bantambuddy, XC60 MY2015
3. DaiRees72, V70 MY2012
4. Whyman XC60 MY2013
5. wheelnut V70 MY2016
6. noodle1066, XC60 MY2016
7. mhon72, V70 MY2011
8. Crumpet, V70 MY2012
9. spitz, V70 MY2012
10. daithevet, XC70 MY2012
11. REDSHOE1, XC60 MY2015
12. Pierremcalpine XC70 MY2013
13. I-S, V70 MY2011

Hydro drive
1. tt82, V70 MY2009
2. Cantankerous, V70 MY2011
3. BL08, V70 MY2008
4. Model Flyer V70 MY2008
5. Tickingcrow, XC70 MY2009
6. jiWilson, XC70 MY2008
7. Pierremcalpine, V70 MY2010

and TrueBlue XC70 MY2013 (and will most likely have a mechanical drive.

jb955 Jun 28th, 2016 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb955 (Post 2128539)

Here are my details:

Hope I'm not too late...

Thanks

John

Please add me to your list...

tt82 Jun 29th, 2016 19:20

Right, I think I'm going to have to call last orders on this now. If more people are interested and we get enough numbers then I may do a second group order.

As it stands prices included postage are looking at about £43. When I know for sure, I'll send everybody a PM along with payment details. Evgeny is looking at posting at the end of this week and I'll forward them all on asap after receiving payment.

tt82 Jun 29th, 2016 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb955 (Post 2128539)

Here are my details:

Hope I'm not too late...

Thanks

John

Hi John, I have added you to the list, just waiting to hear back from Evgeny now.

jb955 Jun 29th, 2016 20:16

Excellent

Looking forward to it, hopefully as easy to fit as the video suggests...

Cheers

John

noodle1066 Jul 2nd, 2016 18:58

2 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I received a unit today for my XC60 MY16 (Don't worry Simon, I still want the group buy one).

It look 30 mins start to finish including testing before refit and after.

The connections are slightly different from the video, so here's the two connection ends needed for an XC60 MY16 (The numbers are sooooo small on the connectors).

Works a treat! Very pleased for this to have been posted here in the first place.

Regards - Mark.

tt82 Jul 11th, 2016 21:04

1 Attachment(s)
They've arrived!

Tomorrow I'll be sorting them out and building my very own little boxes to send them in. Depending on how busy I am at work, I may get them all done tomorrow or it may take until Weds/Thurs to finish.

Simon

tt82 Jul 13th, 2016 16:09

Well thats all but one (still waiting for an address) posted now. At some point this week I may even get around to fitting my own.

Cheers
Simon

Bantambuddy Jul 13th, 2016 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt82 (Post 2139120)
Well thats all but one (still waiting for an address) posted now. At some point this week I may even get around to fitting my own.

Cheers
Simon

Thanks for all your help in getting these. I look forward to receiving it and fitting. No more big effort to reach up and press the button:a1:

Whyman Jul 18th, 2016 22:17

Simon,

Many thanks for sorting the group buy.

Mine was delivered some time ago but the postman manage to hide so I only found it yesterday, and fitted it today. It works a treat.

Mark,

Thank you for your two photos which were a great help for me as it also applies to 2013 XC60s.

For those who have not fitted their's yet on the XC60 you do have to remove the upper part of the window surround first. It is on this that the very delicate clips are fitted. I managed to break 3 of the 8 so will off to the dealers to order some more.

For me the refitting the top section was the trickiest part of the whole job.

wassap Jul 30th, 2016 10:23

Any still going? I dont get my new car till sept 9th (brand new FWD D4 R Design Lux), but could i order one now?

huib berger Aug 4th, 2016 21:28

I've installed one a few weeks ago. Delivery was only a few days after my payment of 50 + 5 euro. The instructions given are very clear and helped me to finish this small project in under an hour.
The auto-close system works great, both from the key and from the switch inside the car, just a matter of pressing the switch a little longer.

Please note that the units and the instructions may differ from year to year and from one Volvo type to another. I had to provide the VIN number with my order.

blawreoooo Aug 15th, 2016 20:51

Hi All
Normally I just lurk hear. But I just ordered one of these modules last week from Evgeny and fitted it today. It works brilliantly. If you are into a bit of DIY it is highly recommended.
Ordered on the 8th, arrived and fitted today. Great service.

Traviance Aug 23rd, 2016 20:59

Hi TT82,

Tried to PM you but not enough post count to do so as normally just read up on the forums and haven't posted really on here.

Just a quick question to see if you still had any of the Auto Tailgate fixes left for me to purchase one? also a install guide?

this is to have it come down from the key fob isn't it? would be a great help as I'm disabled and sometimes with others getting stuff out of the boot can help a lot rather than taking 10 minutes to explain to push the button lol.

Mine is a 16 Plate XC60.

If you could let me know either way and if you don't have any if you could just let me know where to get it from ill get one either way.

Thank you very much for your help, I understand I'm a little late to the party on this.

Xander Theodore-King

Bantambuddy Aug 24th, 2016 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traviance (Post 2158400)
Hi TT82,

Tried to PM you but not enough post count to do so as normally just read up on the forums and haven't posted really on here.

Just a quick question to see if you still had any of the Auto Tailgate fixes left for me to purchase one? also a install guide?

this is to have it come down from the key fob isn't it? would be a great help as I'm disabled and sometimes with others getting stuff out of the boot can help a lot rather than taking 10 minutes to explain to push the button lol.

Mine is a 16 Plate XC60.

If you could let me know either way and if you don't have any if you could just let me know where to get it from ill get one either way.

Thank you very much for your help, I understand I'm a little late to the party on this.

Xander Theodore-King

This is the person who makes them with his email Evgeny Kosourov <modulorder@mail.ru>
Mhsporting has one for sale for a MY2016 XC70. Evgeny will be able to tell you if it will fit your XC60

MkayXC Nov 24th, 2016 17:18

Is this still ongoing?

scuba0576 Nov 26th, 2016 20:50

Hi
Just email Evgeny and pay him through PayPal and he will send you one.
Ordered mine this week, just awaiting delivery from Russia.
You will need to give him the model and year of your vehicle.
Rob

Michael by Sea Dec 7th, 2016 12:06

XC60 Tailgate fault

My auto tailgate on the XC60 has failed (Sept 2010 L reg) and may be ridiculously expensive to repair. I'm thinking it might make more sense to spend money on having it adapted to a manual tailgate? Is this a)Possible b) Reasonably Cheap and c) What does it involve?

Any help or advice on this gratefully received!