Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   850/855 T5-R Wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306368)

willi May 27th, 2020 19:48

850/855 T5-R Wanted

Hi Guys,

I am after a Gul t5-r 855 or 850. Would have to be Auto, and any condition considered.

Many thanks

JackJones May 28th, 2020 00:44

I have one that I'd considering selling. If you're still looking PM me and I'll send you some info.

willi May 28th, 2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackJones (Post 2633069)
I have one that I'd considering selling. If you're still looking PM me and I'll send you some info.

Thank you.

Yes very interested.

forbsie09 Jul 1st, 2020 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackJones (Post 2633069)

I'm also interested - and i'm in Musselburgh, not able to pm as I'm new on here
if you can pm me some more info please

HankScorpio Jul 9th, 2020 09:22

1 Attachment(s)
I've just found this when I took my car to be serviced. Near Norwich.

willi Jul 9th, 2020 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 2645942)

Yes, there are a few red 850rs floating about. I have considered them, but my heart is on the gul.

Thanks anyways.

willi Jul 9th, 2020 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 2645942)

That looks like the same car that has just come up for sale on ebay..

HankScorpio Jul 9th, 2020 09:57

Just stumbled across it at the back of the (independent volvo) garage. It's got a private sale sticker on so its likely.

I'm not really up to speed on the 850 (got a V70r), but if anyone needs me to take a look at it then you've got about an hour before my cambelt is finished.

Danny2 Jul 9th, 2020 10:28

Interesting market at the moment with these.
Prices have inflated and cars seem to stick around for a long time too, coming on and off sale.
Saw a very similar red R to this go at auction for a lot less than advertised here (could been the same car) not sure from the one photo.
Quite a few jap imports for sale .... are these considered a risky purchase? I don’t know.
Good luck with the search!

willi Jul 9th, 2020 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny2 (Post 2645969)
Prices have inflated and cars seem to stick around for a long time too, coming on and off sale.
Saw a very similar red R to this go at auction for a lot less than advertised here (could been the same car) not sure from the one photo.
Quite a few jap imports for sale .... are these considered a risky purchase? I don’t know.
Good luck with the search!

There are a few guys on here that have got Jap imports with no probs at all. So I guess they can be a good purchase.

HankScorpio Jul 14th, 2020 19:39

Just checked back in on this.

My V70r is a jap import. With exception of aircon, it's close to mint. Very well looked after car (before I got it)

willi Jul 14th, 2020 20:20

[QUOTE=Danny2;2645969]Interesting market at the moment with these.

A gul saloon sold at auction at the weekend for £10000. Looked nice with a little bit of work to do on it.

Im still trying to get money off the northern Ireland saloon. Still very much like that car. He did say he would replace the brain box pipe, and buy an original electric aerial.

Richard Volvo T5R Jul 14th, 2020 23:41

[QUOTE=willi;2647431]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny2 (Post 2645969)

A gul saloon sold at auction at the weekend for £10000. Looked nice with a little bit of work to do on it.

Im still trying to get money off the northern Ireland saloon. Still very much like that car. He did say he would replace the brain box pipe, and buy an original electric aerial.

———————————————————————————————————————
The gul saloon that was on eBay has gone to a very well known guy in Volvo circles who quotes “I have owned over 100 t5r’s” (believe what you like) it will be returning for sale again very shortly at an inflated price.

Danny2 Jul 15th, 2020 21:54

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]
Quote:

Originally Posted by willi (Post 2647431)

The gul saloon that was on eBay has gone to a very well known guy in Volvo circles who quotes “I have owned over 100 t5r’s” (believe what you like) it will be returning for sale again very shortly at an inflated price.

East Midlands area?

RollingThunder Jul 16th, 2020 09:11

Jap imports are usually in exceptional condition. Really. I have a Jap import Discovery, a car which is renowned for serious rust on the rear chassis - mine has absolutely none whatsoever. Its like new and still has its original paint. Old cars are very expensive to run in Japan, so they tend to be owned by the well heeled, and they look after them very well.

Having said that, the heat is fierce in Japan and the plastics do get affected - bumpers get brittle, leather goes hard, the convoluted tubing covering engine wiring goes to dust, and most annoying, the window seals degrade resulting in black streaks down the bodywork when it rains - and these are very stubborn and hard to clean off. One thing that most people don't realise is that Japanese tyre compounds are much harder than European tyres, again presumably due to the heat over there - so they're lethal in the wet. One of the first jobs I had to do was to get a set of new tyres!

Otherwise, they tend to be very good buys. I haven't found insurance to be an issue either.

willi Jul 17th, 2020 12:47

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]
Quote:

Originally Posted by willi (Post 2647431)

You are right.. Its the guy in Birmingham.
Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.:shocked::shocked:

Richard Volvo T5R Jul 17th, 2020 18:15

[QUOTE=willi;2648073][QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]

Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.:shocked::shocked:[/QUOTE
———————————————————————————————————

Can’t imagine it was sold for much less than 10k, I had offered over 8k for it which was declined. Would of even swapped one of my estates for it as always fancied a saloon.

Diego67 Jul 19th, 2020 18:00

[QUOTE=Danny2;2647706]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Volvo T5R (Post 2647475)
East Midlands area?

Birmingham I believe ! Is up for sale now no price though 🤷*♂️

willi Jul 19th, 2020 19:02

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2648162][QUOTE=willi;2648073]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Volvo T5R (Post 2647475)

Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.:shocked::shocked:[/QUOTE
———————————————————————————————————

Can’t imagine it was sold for much less than 10k, I had offered over 8k for it which was declined. Would of even swapped one of my estates for it as always fancied a saloon.

Can't believe it. He's dropped it to£7500 already. Is there something wrong with it we don't know about??

willi Jul 20th, 2020 01:08

[QUOTE=willi;2648677][QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2648162]
Quote:

Originally Posted by willi (Post 2648073)

Can't believe it. He's dropped it to£7500 already. Is there something wrong with it we don't know about??

The add has now been taken down..

Diego67 Jul 24th, 2020 17:53

To be honest the seller on eBay might as well left it on there he may have got more for it !

nottsgreent5 Jul 26th, 2020 19:02

A friend of mine bought it so far he is very happy with it and said its near pristine inside and out