Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Volvo radio repairs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72959)

Marcel May 23rd, 2009 04:39

Volvo radio repairs

Need any help with Volvo radio equipment repair?
Fast repairs

Call us

CENTRAL SERVICES (IPSWICH)
188 SPRING ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP45NR

01473 725953 (Marcel)

Pleased to help with radio issues.
All repairs are carried out the day we receive the units.
Knobs available for most units
We have a large stock of facias for most units to make look like new in the dash.
Old type facias also available(brand new)
Refurbished units for sale with warranty.

Technical manuals (wiring diagrams) to borrow /share (call)

in stock refurbished HU803, SC805,SC900, CR905,CR906, SC801 etc

doublepe Jun 1st, 2009 19:53

repair

hi,
quick one: are you open on Saturdays?
cheers
pete

mchudd Jun 2nd, 2009 12:23

radio

Hi Marcel.
A lot of years ago,you sold me a moter for my mk1 345 radio.Just a quick word to say that it still works.
Cheers Mark.

Marcel Jun 4th, 2009 18:34

Hi Pete

yes we are from 09.00 till 13.00 on sat

regards
Marcel

Marcel Jun 4th, 2009 18:36

fantastic

stil have lots of bits in stock to refurb old volvo radios.
thanks for your post

Marecl

Clan Jun 4th, 2009 20:41

Going back to the 80's , I too had quite a few cassette flywheels for the philips radio/cassette in the 400's from Central services , the rim was plastic which used to break . When i was in Ipswich on a course ( before the 80's ) i took a walk to spring road one evening and was amazed how much work came out of such a small shop ;-)

timfoster Jul 7th, 2009 22:48

Hi, I just bought a 2002 S80. The radio on the stereo works, but even though it says 4CD on the head unit and it has a 10 disc changer in the boot, it doesn't play a single CD. I can put a CD in and eject it again (although only one in the head unit, not the 4 it claims), but it won't recognise any of the CD's.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Marcel Jul 8th, 2009 13:16

Let me know the model of the head unit.
if it can take 4 discs it should know that there are already 3 inside the unit.
Difficult without actually seeing the unit, but it is possibble that it needs cleaning, the other possibility is trhat is mechanically jammed.
call me if you need more infor regarding possible repair of the unit.

01473 725953
CENTRAL SERVICES
MARCEL

southportvolvo Jul 8th, 2009 16:03

Central Services Recommended!

We've used Central Services in the past and can highly recommend their help & expert advice

timfoster Jul 17th, 2009 08:58

It turns out to have been nothing worse than a trapped wire in the back. The garage had their electrics guy remove the headunit and 'fiddle' with the wires a bit. NOw it works beautifully again. The TV screen/GPS still doesn't pop up but that's no biggie. I wouldn't use the gps anyway since I have a Garmin 865 with lifetime updates.

At least I can listen to Five Finger Death Punch as I whizz up the M1/M6 each day.

spilleddwarf Apr 7th, 2012 18:31

Volvo 850 GLT Estate

Hi there

After doing my apprentership along time ago with Harston Motors / Lancaster Volvo, i have now got my Volvo.

I have a 96 850 estate GLT, i am looking for a CD changer and the connecting lead. could you help.

It would appear that someone removed it before my purchase, my tape collection has dwindled and would like to keep the original set.

Many Regards

Paul

Rob.D Apr 17th, 2012 14:38

All Lights On!

Hi Marcel,
You supplied, and fitted to their holders, (a very fiddley soldering job) a new set of lamps to my SC805 for my Volvo V70. All is now lit-up and I'm chuffed to bits! Many thanks.

Regards,
Rob.D

JeffH Oct 25th, 2021 22:02

Central Services Ipswich

Hi Marcel. Are you still in business. The RTI in my volvo is malfunctioning. Cannot read the Map Disk and the dashboard top pop up screen will not shut down.

Clan Oct 26th, 2021 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffH (Post 2780057)
Hi Marcel. Are you still in business. The RTI in my volvo is malfunctioning. Cannot read the Map Disk and the dashboard top pop up screen will not shut down.

I fear they may have gone :confused_smile:

zapcity1 Oct 27th, 2021 10:28

I'm only 10mins down the road. I'll pop in and find out what's what.

Donmac Nov 16th, 2021 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2780124)
I fear they may have gone :confused_smile:

Some years ago Marcel set up a new garage business in Manningtree and, took Central Electrical across.

Oak Tree Garage, Riverside Avenue West, Lawford, Manningtree CO11 1UN

Tel:- 01206 394400

The garage seems to have come through lockdown but don't know for certain about Central Electrical

JeffH Jan 5th, 2022 12:10

Another Central Services ?

Central Services seem to have closed. Is Marcel around in another guise or can anyone recommend a similar outfit?

—————-
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel (Post 508413)
Need any help with Volvo radio equipment repair?
Fast repairs

Call us

CENTRAL SERVICES (IPSWICH)
188 SPRING ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP45NR

01473 725953 (Marcel)

Pleased to help with radio issues.
All repairs are carried out the day we receive the units.
Knobs available for most units
We have a large stock of facias for most units to make look like new in the dash.
Old type facias also available(brand new)
Refurbished units for sale with warranty.

Technical manuals (wiring diagrams) to borrow /share (call)

in stock refurbished HU803, SC805,SC900, CR905,CR906, SC801 etc

Clan Jan 5th, 2022 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffH (Post 2797669)
Central Services seem to have closed. Is Marcel around in another guise or can anyone recommend a similar outfit?

—————-

A year ago 188 spring road was for sale ... The end of 45 +years of volvo radio service ..

mikepday Dec 5th, 2022 11:22

HU803/Volvo radio repairer?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Marcel or Central Services in Ipswich are still a going concern? Tried the phone number, won’t connect, tried a PM, and a Google search doesn’t come up with any obvious websites.

Failing that, does anyone know another repairer with knowledge of the HU803.

Mine has a failing LCD and has lost both the CD and Changer inputs, ideally I’d like to keep it, but it might be time for a modern replacement, willing to take advice on that too!

Regards,

Mike.

EDIT, just called OAK TREE garage, see above, and finally got through.
Marcel has retired, but apparently comes in on an Ad Hoc basis and MAY be able to help out intermittently. I’m waiting for a return call from Oak Tree.

ALANT5RBEAL Dec 1st, 2023 16:21

Radio Swap

The SC801 radio in my 1994 has gone on the blink is there an alternative radio that will be a straight swop

ALANT5RBEAL Dec 1st, 2023 16:29

SC801 Radio

Hi my SC801 has gone on the blink it works when it feels like it,What is the cost of repair or is there an alternative I can fit late 1994 T5R Estate with CD changer
Contact Alan 07802 190677

ALANT5RBEAL Dec 1st, 2023 16:32

sc 801 radio swop

]Hi my SC801 has gone on the blink it works when it feels like it,What is the cost of repair or is there an alternative I can fit late 1994 T5R Estate with CD changer
Contact Alan 07802 190677[/QUOTE]

NMS940 Apr 1st, 2024 11:20

Car Stereo Cassette Repairs

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I've found someone who is willing to have a go at fixing the 1990's Volvo Phillips stereos. My current one is all broken inside. I bought another one off ebay which within an hour suffered the same fate of broken cogs (See pics). I'll see how it goes and if I'm happy with the repair I'll post the guys details here.

I also had a good experience with getting the keycode for both these stereos from the local Volvo Dealer. (Lost for my original one and not supplied with the Ebay one) You just need the car reg the unit came from.

So sad that Central Services is gone after so many years of being a lifeline for these units!

Rob1950 Apr 1st, 2024 17:31

May be worth trying these guys for a period replacement. www.jtaudio.net