Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   850 2.5 10 valve LPG problem (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=170695)

hjdlatd Jan 14th, 2013 18:05

850 2.5 10 valve LPG problem

I got in my car to drive home today and the LPG/Petrol switch did not light up. Car starts with switch in either position and can hear the gas solenoid when in LPG switch position. Car runs for a minute or so on full power on either fuel and then power totally dies, can only idle but no power to rev and pull off. Any ideas? Maybe fuse gone? Any help would be appreciated.

hjdlatd Jan 15th, 2013 11:47

Well all sorted now, ended up the fuse on the ignition wire had blown, replaced and all working again.

capt jack Jan 15th, 2013 17:45

Glad to hear to got it sorted.

Cheers

Jack

CNGBiFuel Jan 26th, 2013 19:29

It's not impossible, and I'm sure it happens, but fuses don't usaully just 'go'. Suggest yo keep an eye on it. Something pulled curretn to blow it. When did you last clean out the distributor? I'm assuming a factory-fit Bi-fuel? Maybe the stepper motor is getting overloaded with gunk, even if it isn't, won't harm you to fire some Injector cleaner in there. There's post on how to do this in this parish if you look,

Two methjods:

1. down hose or
2. my favourite method,

2 x 3mm Allens, to pull off motor, don't smoke and whip it off in situ if you can get at it (later modelas are a sod so not so easy) Fire a capfull in and leave for 3-4 hours. Later models - Down the hose if you can't get to it -

classicswede Jan 26th, 2013 20:53

The OP got in touch with me and I was able to resolve the problem for him. Simple blown fuse.

The system is not factory fit luckily. The normal suspect for blowing the fuse is the gas solenoids.

The LPG section is become very slow without my regular input here.

capt jack Jan 27th, 2013 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 1338619)
The LPG section is become very slow without my regular input here.

Hi Dai

Could it just be that everyone's LPG is working perfectly just now? :err:

Or more likely that as it's so darned cold and miserable out there none of us has much inclination to go out under the bonnet and start looking for trouble!

Cheers

Jack

pistrix Jan 29th, 2013 21:30

Don't worry Jack :) My 850 is still not working perfectly. How about yours and Volvobaggen's car?

volvobaggen Jan 30th, 2013 02:07

Still not working properly, and canīt be bothered fixing it :)

capt jack Jan 30th, 2013 10:49

Well guys, I have to say that my V70 is working OK on LPG again. As of this morning, no warning lights, no strange behaviour, good gas mileage!

At least that's almost true - yesterday morning as I was overtaking a slower van, the car started coughing and faltering, and then switched to petrol. But after that everything was fine on gas. I've tried to make it do it again but it won't, so now I don't know!

My bigger problem right now is the leaking steering rack!

Cheers

Jack