Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Hello,Moving From,S60 '10> / V60 '11> / XC60 '08>'17 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=284024)

molsal Jul 12th, 2018 23:48

Hello,Moving From,S60 '10> / V60 '11> / XC60 '08>'17

Hello, just picked up our new XC60 inscription this morning, this was ordered on May bank holiday and turned up one week later than first estimate.
I was in something of a hurry due to work commitments, so couldn't manage the full (3+ hours) handover which my dealer seemed keen to provide.
I imagine they wanted to demonstrate every feature and set up VOC for us etc.
Having come from a 2016 XC60 lux nav , I was impressed on the 40 mile return trip, much improved ride and refinement, I think the seats will take a couple of days to get used to, they are not uncomfortable,just different.
Due to not having the full dealer intro,I may well be asking for a little help if thats ok.
I have set up VOC , and find the sat nav easy enough, should I purchase a data card for the best experience? thanks.

karlak Jul 13th, 2018 07:34

Congrats on the new car, we pick up my Wifes XC90 tomorrow, so will be interested to see what questions you have that may also apply to us.

With regards to a Data Sim, I think we will purchase a 12gb , 12 month Three network Sim, see how it goes and whether we use it before a larger commitment. We use them currently when away in the caravan and they work really well. No contract and not a lot of outlay. The 12 month limit starts from when you register it. Currently £28, but does sometimes drop a little on promotions.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...12gb-data.html

SuffolkBoy Jul 13th, 2018 08:21

Good luck with your new car, we are very pleased with ours - a real step up in quality from our previous XC60’s (and they were very good!)

I am sure that you will soon get used to everything, have you set up your Driver Profile yet? Once that is done, the rest really falls into place.

Tresco85 Jul 13th, 2018 09:05

Hope you enjoy your new car, we love ours apart from the seats. As you say they are different and we thought that until we did 2700 miles touring Scotland and that caused a lot of problems as we found on the long journeys the metal bar where the seat extends causes problems with our legs and now even on short journeys we don't like them, volvo say there is nothing wrong and can only suggest buying a new Momentum with the basic more comfortable seats which is going to cost us so we are going to get some seat cushions made up and try them.

Surboy Jul 15th, 2018 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsal (Post 2424654)
Hello, just picked up our new XC60 inscription this morning, this was ordered on May bank holiday and turned up one week later than first estimate.
I was in something of a hurry due to work commitments, so couldn't manage the full (3+ hours) handover which my dealer seemed keen to provide.
I imagine they wanted to demonstrate every feature and set up VOC for us etc.
Having come from a 2016 XC60 lux nav , I was impressed on the 40 mile return trip, much improved ride and refinement, I think the seats will take a couple of days to get used to, they are not uncomfortable,just different.
Due to not having the full dealer intro,I may well be asking for a little help if thats ok.
I have set up VOC , and find the sat nav easy enough, should I purchase a data card for the best experience? thanks.

Congrats, I got exactly the same model over a week ago and have been spending quite sometime learning the ropes. Willing to try and help if you have any questions.

lalith16 Jul 16th, 2018 11:14

Automatic Load Cover

When I ordered by MY19 XC60, the vehicle order form clearly stated ‘automatic load cover’ under standard interior equipment. However, it turns out that mine doesn’t have automatic load cover. Is it the case with anyone else? Thanks.

ukden Jul 16th, 2018 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalith16 (Post 2425869)
When I ordered by MY19 XC60, the vehicle order form clearly stated ‘automatic load cover’ under standard interior equipment. However, it turns out that mine doesn’t have automatic load cover. Is it the case with anyone else? Thanks.

Ditto, same with me with my MY18 (purchased Sep 17).

Queried it with dealer after delivery. He checked, the XC60 does not have ‘automatic load cover’ in real life.

I queried it, because I thought that the model in the showroom that I had been playing with was fitted with this feature. I was wrong, my memory had confused the V90 with the XC60.