Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   "New software available" nags (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292470)

Nerdy Norm Mar 5th, 2019 11:46

"New software available" nags

Is there a way to disable the "new software available" message I get on the Sensus display every time I start the car?

As far as I can tell, the only updates available are to maps in areas I never intend to travel to. I update the 3 or 4 regions I need, but not the whole lot.

ergonomist Mar 5th, 2019 12:20

Don't know, I'm afraid. My problem at the moment is that I constantly get the 'installing software' message even though I can't identify any software that needs to be installed (I recently updated all the maps to 1253). I've disabled auto-update of maps, and unchecked all uninstalled apps...

techwatcher Mar 5th, 2019 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerdy Norm (Post 2501208)
Is there a way to disable the "new software available" message I get on the Sensus display every time I start the car?

As far as I can tell, the only updates available are to maps in areas I never intend to travel to. I update the 3 or 4 regions I need, but not the whole lot.

AFAIK there is no way to disable the "New software updates" nag.

I think you've identified the issue - some of the map regions are out of date and I believe the only solution would be to update all regions to the latest versions.

al dm Mar 5th, 2019 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwatcher (Post 2501246)

I think you've identified the issue - some of the map regions are out of date and I believe the only solution would be to update all regions to the latest versions.

I have been seeing the same thing recently - probably for the last two weeks. When I check system and app updates it tells me there are no new updates. However I do have "automatic map updates set on", so presumed that was what it was doing. There appeared to be no option to update eat map manually from the car.

But it was only today when I actually saw a notice saying "Updating Northern Europe map".

I don't know why it has to warn me for two weeks before it just gets on and updates the bloody thing.

VOLVOL0VER Mar 5th, 2019 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergonomist (Post 2501235)
Don't know, I'm afraid. My problem at the moment is that I constantly get the 'installing software' message even though I can't identify any software that needs to be installed (I recently updated all the maps to 1253). I've disabled auto-update of maps, and unchecked all uninstalled apps...

Volvo at its best...😁. I just smile in order not to cry. Damn bugs.

VOLVOL0VER Mar 5th, 2019 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by al dm (Post 2501334)
I have been seeing the same thing recently - probably for the last two weeks. When I check system and app updates it tells me there are no new updates. However I do have "automatic map updates set on", so presumed that was what it was doing. There appeared to be no option to update eat map manually from the car.

But it was only today when I actually saw a notice saying "Updating Northern Europe map".

I don't know why it has to warn me for two weeks before it just gets on and updates the bloody thing.

steladamo ... "Volvo wanna be" ...😉

VOLVOL0VER Mar 5th, 2019 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwatcher (Post 2501246)

Even updating all it still does it.