Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   T4 Block from SW Autos (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=47328)

pyaap Nov 9th, 2007 19:48

T4 Block from SW Autos

Can anyone help with the collection of a T4 bottom end (i.e. block, crank-web, crankshaft and sump) from SW Autos in Kent? A fellow T4 owner is in dire need of the parts as his car is off the road, in need of some work, and Volvo will only supply complete engines. Unfortunately, he has been advised that SW Autos are currently inundated with work and are hence unable to get the various parts together on a pallet and shipped, in the forseeable future. They have advised that collection of the parts would be preferable. If anyone could help with the collection and drop the block off in London, it can be forwarded on; alternatively if anyone is coming from that neck of the woods, to the meet at MRG Volvo in Chippenham next week and can bring it along, that would be even better. You will, of course, be reimbursed for any expenses incurred (e.g. fuel etc). Please let me know asap. Thanks. :)

Nuisance Nov 9th, 2007 20:51

I could collect it and bring it to London. I've just recieved a job in Maidstone for next week. Although I'm going to MRG I couldn't say weather or not I'd be able to bring it as I may be coming from Lancashire rather than London. If it's more use to you in the London area, maybe I could drop it off with someone who's going directly from London.

Any use?

pyaap Nov 9th, 2007 21:28

Thanks! :) You have a PM

SaffronC70 Nov 14th, 2007 08:30

Pyaap, I'm going there tomorrow . . .

Chris

s60ben Nov 14th, 2007 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaffronC70 (Post 318521)

Chris

I think after speaking to Nuisance yesterday, he'd rang them to try and pick it up yesterday, but..... apparently they are too busy and said "We can't find it this week" or similar.

Quite how you can't find an engine I'm not sure :lightbulb:

pyaap Nov 14th, 2007 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaffronC70 (Post 318521)

Chris

Thanks for letting me know Chris. If you can pick it up, I will be really grateful. It has to be there because it was stripped back in March as another forum owner urgently needed some pistons. It was in superb condition and that I why I am certain it will sort out the problem this other member is experiencing. If you can have a look it will be much appreciated; its a B4204T5.

pyaap Nov 14th, 2007 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by s60ben (Post 318554)
I think after speaking to Nuisance yesterday, he'd rang them to try and pick it up yesterday, but..... apparently they are too busy and said "We can't find it this week" or similar.

Quite how you can't find an engine I'm not sure :lightbulb:

I was quite surprised at that myself because the same was said to the guy who needs the engine, when he tried to get it a week or two ago. He was told that they are extremely busy building some race cars so hopefully Chris will be able to help locate it when he's down there.

SaffronC70 Nov 14th, 2007 16:33

I'll bring back some sort of engine for you :)

Whatever is knocking about, hehe.

Chris

pyaap Nov 14th, 2007 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaffronC70 (Post 318784)
I'll bring back some sort of engine for you :)

Whatever is knocking about, hehe.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

A fully balanced, forged bottom end would be more than welcome!! :) Forget about the guy who needs the block!!! :lol:

pyaap Nov 15th, 2007 20:03

Thanks for trying to collect the block today Chris. I'm sorry that the phone reception was so bad when you called. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! :)