Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Powerflex bushes poll...yes or no??? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160183)

Aveton Gifford Aug 16th, 2012 20:50

Powerflex bushes poll...yes or no???

I need to replace several bushes on my petrol S60 and have never used polyurethane bushes before, so the question is, do I or don't I go for it??

Marty Dolomite Aug 16th, 2012 22:08

Powerflex is a brand name!

Look up 'Superflex' owned by Chris witor, I have always used his bushes for older cars and never had aproblem with his stock or customer services.

Poly bushes vary greatly between suppliers and just because one companies polybush is yellow it doesn't mean it is the same grade (hardness) as another companies yellow polybush.unlike as shown in another thread where a polybush didn't last very long Chris's bushes are made to a very high standard and will last.

deathrider311271 Aug 16th, 2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite (Post 1228621)
Powerflex is a brand name!

Look up 'Superflex' owned by Chris witor, I have always used his bushes for older cars and never had aproblem with his stock or customer services.

Poly bushes vary greatly between suppliers and just because one companies polybush is yellow it doesn't mean it is the same grade (hardness) as another companies yellow polybush.unlike as shown in another thread where a polybush didn't last very long Chris's bushes are made to a very high standard and will last.

His bushes also squeek a lot lol. I removed his bushes and replaced them with Poweflex ones which i know dont squeek. Apart from anything else there is very little price difference now between Polyflex and Superflex, where Superflex were always a fair bit cheaper.

Just my experience with Superflex bushes

Marty Dolomite Aug 16th, 2012 23:13

Did you use the grease when putting in the superflex bushes?

deathrider311271 Aug 16th, 2012 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite (Post 1228673)
Did you use the grease when putting in the superflex bushes?

i most certainly did, i found they were slightly softer than Powerflex

Marty Dolomite Aug 16th, 2012 23:33

What did Chris have to say about the squeeking?

deathrider311271 Aug 17th, 2012 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite (Post 1228694)
What did Chris have to say about the squeeking?

Nothing because i never contacted him lol i just got so annoyed with the squeeking i ripped them out and put the Powerflex ones in.

This was on one of my many Capris, i had always used Powerflex previously, then heard about these other ones so gave them a go, a couple of my mates had them as well and they had the same problem so it wasnt just me

t5_monkey Aug 17th, 2012 00:44

Powerflex bushes rock

Just expect pain if you drive on cobbles! (and noise on concrete)

nosh695 Aug 17th, 2012 22:55

done the front end with powerflex & dosent seem a bad ride to me and i live in pothole city..
a great improvement to the handleing though

leeleefocus Aug 18th, 2012 19:50

Replaced the front wishbone bushes on my S60 which made it a much nicer drive because a reduction in the tram lining affect which the old bushes contributed to.

Ride quality is the same as standard bushes although if you changed lots of the suspension to poly then you may get reduced ride comfort.

Something else to consider is the tyre wear is reduced. My front tyres wore much more evenly than with the standard bushes allowing me to get more miles from a set.