Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KU Software upgrade prices. From £285. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=58927)

don kalmar union Sep 28th, 2008 09:29

KU Software upgrade prices. From £285.

We are all looking very hard and with some anxiety at how long this present economic climate will prevail and even how much deeper it may go.

Our disposable income is ever more limited and our descretionary purchases are now questionable and the value of our cars is continuing to decline, just look at the beguiling attraction of an 18 month old S80 V8, 10,000 miles.....£17,000 on Autotrader, down from a high specced new ticket price of £50,000.....the attractive C30 T5's now under £14,000.

With this in mind I am now offering various new, keen prices on KU software upgrades. Firstly, the price of all pre. ME7 upgrades drops back to a bargain £285 including installation and VAT. That is for all earlier 850's and most of the old S70, V70 and C70's that run Bosch Motronic 4.3 and 4.4's

Now I get to all later cars with ME7 Bosch ECU's. The new KU price for this software starts at £399.95 including installation and VAT.

I and my supplier have had a long and hard look at the quirky UK market, where price often ultimately dictates choice.

The result is market leading prices.

Soon you will be able to put it on your credit card, within a week or two.....

Regards, Don.

dooby Sep 29th, 2008 22:19

Hiya,

I don't like where this thread is headed. I'm closing it whilst I contact both parties.

Please bear with us until normal service can be restored...

Thanks, Pete

dooby Sep 30th, 2008 22:47

Pangster has been contacted, and we have agreed to remove his post.

The thread remains locked whilst the moderators consider rewording Don's post to remove what we view as an infraction of rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Pete

dooby Oct 2nd, 2008 21:55

Hiya,

as you can see we have edited Don's post to remove a breach of forum rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Cheers, Pete

saturnuranus Oct 2nd, 2008 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 408666)
Soon you will be able to put it on your credit card, within a week or two.....

Ohh that sounds dangerous. Why can I feel a large debt coming on ;)

y2blade Oct 3rd, 2008 19:20

i'm very tempted to get mine done :) great price Don :thumbs_up:

John_C Oct 4th, 2008 09:37

Hi Don,

Is the software for the later cars installed on a visit to yourself or is it a PPC/Softloader type thing? I'm off to see one of the late 2.4 T5 S60's today and if I do get it, well, it would be rude not to remap it :)

Cheers,
John

don kalmar union Oct 4th, 2008 10:06

Software installation.

I can install the MTE software into the ECU of your proposed new car if you visit me here in NW London. I can do it at any reasonable hour weekdays or weekends as long as we fix the time.

My new prices do not include the provision of the MTE softloader device. That device and its related software is very well resolved and high spec. and when bought with the additional software packages for data logging and diagnostics does make for something very usefull to some. However, the basic softloader package costs £135 with the additional software being from £75.

Despite being an evangelist for MTE software and this excellent sofloader system I am not a great believer in the need to add anything to the basic price of a fine product in the first instance to have a piece of kit just to swap maps, which, if we are being honest is a facility to fool dealers during the warranty period when they can check easily if non standard software has been present anyway.

Regards, Don.

PS. We have all been remarkably surprised at the outcomes with the post '05MY T5's. That has as standard to many what the late, and unlamented 'R's should have had instead of their fragile lump. If you can get one that suits you it will be a very fine choise indeed.

PPS If I am down your way sometime it would be no problem to do it at your house or where ever local.

Nuisance Oct 4th, 2008 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooby (Post 410208)
Hiya,

as you can see we have edited Don's post to remove a breach of forum rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Cheers, Pete

Turns out they were true.

And very relavent.

We followed them up on T5D5 and found out that Don's competition from Bromsgrove which he was critical of were up to nefarious activities with their £150 "Rica 280" re-maps. Don had every reason to be justifiably critical. He was being expected to compete with people selling counterfit maps at knock down prices.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...57&postcount=7

I don't think "rule 6" has done the forum users any good in this instance.

How about rule 101, If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!

mole Oct 14th, 2008 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_C (Post 410786)
Hi Don,

Is the software for the later cars installed on a visit to yourself or is it a PPC/Softloader type thing? I'm off to see one of the late 2.4 T5 S60's today and if I do get it, well, it would be rude not to remap it :)

Cheers,
John

I drove a 2005 T5 as standard and after an MTE map and found it to be totally different, there was no need to have it rev as high and the Geartronic box was much better at adapting to your driving style. Driven hard there was a slight improvement in economy but driven at more normal speeds it could pay for its self in under a year.