Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   C70: trims and optional extras... Q in prep for Ldn 2020 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290621)

Redskiies Jan 14th, 2019 01:24

trims and optional extras... Q in prep for Ldn 2020

4 Attachment(s)
Greetings Guys and Girls.

I have been lurking around since I've bought my c70, but now, it was time to register, and start to prepare for the future in London...

I have bough my 2000 c70 t5 manual coupe as a project for the (last) summer, but I fell for it, but due to my work, and London's extension of the congestion charge/tcharge/whatever else they want us to milk out from us... I am preparing to sell it somewhen this year.

In preparation, I have a few questions (yes, I've been looking around on the forum, and I couldn't find clean answers to these)

so here I go:
-What are the most sought after/wanted specs/extras/add ons?

-What is the best and most wanted combos of these out there?

-What do you think, will the prices increase or decrease of these forgotten beasts? I see the crappy ones going for around 500ish, but I've seen high spec, low mileage ones being sold for 2-3.5k...

What I've got so far:
-Silver, dark leather, green/black metal dash.
-BBS wheels (still needs to refurb those...)
-factory debadged (t5 badge never been on the car, kind of a sleeper?)
-sc901 with all the lovely dolby sound bits, 6cd changer removed, added the little black box for my own music without the loss of the dolby
-old owner done the cambelt/gasket services, and the yellow sticker throttle body replacement... added some high spec (orange...duh) ducting from the turbo to the intercooler, yellow polybushing top mount
-gs spec (=means nothing)
-sunroof
-heated seats (don't really think it's an extra in any of the c70s, it might be standard?)
-facelifted with new grille and lights front and back
-new drilled and grooved brakes and new pads all around
-got the official volvo strut brace from a later convertible
-bought it with knackered suspension, so it sits on coilovers now (yes, I hate it as well, but it sticks into the corners way better as well...)
-cone air filter (completely revertable in 5mins, I've done it because at the time I didn't know, if it is the MAF or the air filter messing with the ecu/boost, but I left it on it for the WHOOOSH
-manual seats (I've heard, that the electric ones are dodgy, so I guess the original owner dodged a bullet with it?)
-cruise control? (is it even optional? I think it is standard on a tourer...)

So guys, what do I miss, what did I mess up?
I am thinking of getting a bit better flowing exhaust (not louder though) and probably an ecu remap? (I know, cringe)

-Did these cars had electric foldable mirrors? That is something I do really miss...

Thank you for reading/possibly answering the questions/dissing me for my liking and the way I treated my poor sod.

PS(I've bought it off from an old guy, who didn't even know, that it has a turbo (as the turbo didn't even work at that time, due to the MAF messing around), it had knackered suspension, no oil, rusted spark plugs, no air filter, 10+year old tyres and no service for 13k miles/3.5years)... I've tried to bring the car back from the dead, giving it a new life, and earn some profit... then I spent way too much on the car, and I planned to go around Europe with it (put that CC in good use), but as of my job won't let me move, and London mayor being a proper greenhead... I've got no choice, as I have no place to store a 2nd car...

edit: yup, it does misses the damn battery clip, and yes I've broke a 2003 convertible for the facelift parts, and that did miss the same clip as well...
edit2: is there a hid kit that actually works nicely on these?

C70 98 Jan 14th, 2019 09:38

Looks very tidy!

One thing that you really don't think about until you have it, a button to the right of the steering wheel, where the front and rear fog lights are, that controls the power antenna. I didn't have it on my first c70, on my second I have it, and it's really useful, especially up here in the snow and icy conditions.

Cookeh Jan 14th, 2019 10:54

Battery clips are £4 something from Volvo.

Audio wise, the 11 speaker Dynaudio package is vastly superior to the Dolby's.

Electric seats are pretty difficult to refit but don't have any issues with reliability. You can bodge the refit easily, though if you're OK with that. Plenty guides available on Matthews Volvo Site.

Cruise control is incredibly difficult to retrofit, requiring a lot more than just a relay and a set of pedals. I really wouldn't bother, will cost a significant amount of money and involve the dash coming out, pedal box coming out and a lot of fiddly wiring in the engine bay.

Redskiies Jan 14th, 2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by C70 98 (Post 2484785)
Looks very tidy!

One thing that you really don't think about until you have it, a button to the right of the steering wheel, where the front and rear fog lights are, that controls the power antenna. I didn't have it on my first c70, on my second I have it, and it's really useful, especially up here in the snow and icy conditions.

So that is what that blank switch is for! i thought, that the window folding button goes there...

on the other hand, down in London it is not really a problem, the weather is quite warm all year around

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookeh (Post 2484803)

Electric seats are pretty difficult to refit but don't have any issues with reliability. You can bodge the refit easily, though if you're OK with that. Plenty guides available on Matthews Volvo Site.

Cruise control is incredibly difficult to retrofit, requiring a lot more than just a relay and a set of pedals. I really wouldn't bother, will cost a significant amount of money and involve the dash coming out, pedal box coming out and a lot of fiddly wiring in the engine bay.

Wow I never thought, that volvo still sells the battery clips, thanks, I'll look for it.
Audio wise, ive got the 11 speakers, the treble in the middle, and all the bells and whistles, but it still says dolby on the middle speaker:'D so i guess it is still dolby... sounds great though in 3ch and dolby mode

its enough to wait for the window to roll up/down, I think I am fine without the electric seats, mine had CC already, it was in the ticked "what I already have" box, including factory extras and what have been done with the car^^

C70 98 Jan 14th, 2019 21:49

I have the centre speaker as well, and it says Dolby Prologic on it, at least I think it does from memory. The speakers are made by Dynaudio, easiest to see if you open the boot and have a look at the speaker magnets up by the rear window/parcel shelf, mine have big Dynaudio stickers on them.

byootox Jan 14th, 2019 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookeh (Post 2484803)

Its a 2000 model, cruise control is easy enough to fit,no dash or pedal box out required.
Electric seats are easy enough to fit although time consuming at this age as well(if you can get them)

Redskiies Jan 15th, 2019 14:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C70 98 (Post 2485066)
I have the centre speaker as well, and it says Dolby Prologic on it, at least I think it does from memory. The speakers are made by Dynaudio, easiest to see if you open the boot and have a look at the speaker magnets up by the rear window/parcel shelf, mine have big Dynaudio stickers on them.

You mean this? I got this as well 😁

C70 98 Jan 15th, 2019 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskiies (Post 2485241)
You mean this? I got this as well ��

That's the one :)