Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   S40 2.0 euro 4 - passenger side doors locked and won't open (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116116)

Bikerjodie Feb 8th, 2011 16:16

S40 2.0 euro 4 - passenger side doors locked and won't open

Hi

S40 2005

I've seen a few posts with the same problem i have.

My passenger doors (front and back) are both locked and won't react to the central locking, i've tried to open the doors from the inside but they won't budge.

I have seen that you need to be able to get to the lock mechanism which means taking the door panel off, how do you do this though?

Please help, i'm about to take a hammer to the doors!!.... :lightning:

any help would be welcome

rapidvxr Feb 8th, 2011 19:26

hi
had the same probs as you along with various others all of which have cured themselves overnight , i have intermittant elec window one touch operation failure that moves from one side of car to the other , then locking and unlocking problems like yours that moves around the car its all very strange but would be quite dangerous in a accident

peter ruscoe Feb 8th, 2011 19:44

peter ruscoe

Hi,
had the same problem myself today,on my s40, doors wont open,
elec windows dead.went to car settings on the control panel
page 64 in the owners handbook.went through door settings
make sure its on all doors locked and unlocked together.
Worked for me, good luck ! Put that hammer away.
Pete:

Bikerjodie Feb 8th, 2011 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter ruscoe (Post 836325)
Hi,
had the same problem myself today,on my s40, doors wont open,
elec windows dead.went to car settings on the control panel
page 64 in the owners handbook.went through door settings
make sure its on all doors locked and unlocked together.
Worked for me, good luck ! Put that hammer away.
Pete:

Pete

I'm unsure what you mean as i can't find my handbook, is it an easy process? Any chance you could tell me more and i promise to put the hammer aside....

iandonnadnjess Feb 8th, 2011 21:58

you have to go through the settings in your car its below the radio you can set the doors to open all at once or in turn , or set the alarm lighting and home safe timings etc ..

S40Matt Feb 8th, 2011 22:25

Press "Menu" and check door lock settings or reset defaults.

Bikerjodie Feb 8th, 2011 22:35

many thanks for this, i'll try this tomorrow, i had initially tried to dismantle the panels around the door, but this seems alot simpler....

.... i'll post back tomorrow...

Bikerjodie Feb 9th, 2011 09:11

This didn't work, all the doors are still locked!!

Is there anything else i can try?

would disconnecting the battery and then connecting it again do anything? (other than the obvious)

t5_monkey Feb 9th, 2011 09:18

Had the same issue once, it's not the doors themselves.

Both doors run on the same fuse

Get the fusebox out - and swap the fuses on the doors (left side to right side and vice versa), bet you a quid that the OTHER side won't work, and you'll fix this with a £1 fuse :)

PS welcome! where are you in glasgow? West end here

Bikerjodie Feb 9th, 2011 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by t5_monkey (Post 836762)
Had the same issue once, it's not the doors themselves.

Both doors run on the same fuse

Get the fusebox out - and swap the fuses on the doors (left side to right side and vice versa), bet you a quid that the OTHER side won't work, and you'll fix this with a £1 fuse :)

PS welcome! where are you in glasgow? West end here

I took all the fuses out yesterday and had a look at them, they seemed fine but i'll double check them again today...
I'm just at Maryhill Road, just down from the Jag and Volvo garage (luckily enough)
I don't suppose you know which fuses to switch over as i can't find my hand book?