Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 Issues List (faults and user problems) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=149355)

Blandy15 May 15th, 2012 14:40

Problems so far
1500miles blown head gasket,two weeks with volvo.
2500miles split vacuum pipe on turbo stranded wife and kids to walk home.
4000miles faulty sensor stranded on M11 eventually got fed up and drove 100miles home in limp home mode at 30mph.
Is this normal for a new car

volvorocks May 15th, 2012 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blandy15 (Post 1163972)
Problems so far
1500miles blown head gasket,two weeks with volvo.
2500miles split vacuum pipe on turbo stranded wife and kids to walk home.
4000miles faulty sensor stranded on M11 eventually got fed up and drove 100miles home in limp home mode at 30mph.
Is this normal for a new car

Wow!

No its not normal and it is not acceptable.

Thats bad.

How old is the car?

Reject it NOW. I can help you.PM me. I am a 'guru' on faulty cars..!!!!

Regards

Blandy15 May 16th, 2012 08:37

Have tried to but no one seems to care they just keep telling me its fixed now.Volvo assist suggested getting train home and then back the next day to pick it up last time it broke down.Problem is its not actually my car its on motability for my daughter so i cant just leave it at dealers and walk off.

volvorocks May 16th, 2012 14:24

Hi Blandy

How old is the car now and how old was it when issues arose?

It is important that you have constructive communication with all those concerned.Volvo assist are just the breakdown guys btw and nothing else really.

It may be the case all the issues are now 'considered' fixed and hopefully will not return. They will generally say 'well thats why it has a warranty' as an opening line.

Regards
ps Volvo Assist will generally provide an alternative vehicle in the event of a breakdown.

Blandy15 May 16th, 2012 15:56

Car is only now 7 months old head gasket went at about 3 months other problems were at 5 and 7 months.As for volvo assist the guy on the phone was just plain rude even the volvo dealer was going to complain about him.

Roy Humphreys Dec 8th, 2012 19:48

Fuel filler cover fails to engage when pushed shut

Owned car for 1yr. now it will be 3yrs. old in March '13, so far problem free except for the fuel filler cover and with Diesel the price it is I really need it to lock.

Xc60Lad Jan 25th, 2013 11:13

i've just bought a xc60 r-design which is 2 weeks old and has gone back to the dealers as the entertainment system has packed up. The radio, cd player and aux worked to start with. then it started to cut out. eventually after 12 days of having the car it decided to freeze and work when it wants. The cars been with volvo for 5 days now and they are still having problems fixing it.

detailer Feb 21st, 2013 08:19

2010 plate. 24K miles and the clutch has packed up within 10 months of ownership.

Owned a Honda for 8 years/90,000 miles and nothing broke.

In short never again.:broken_heart:

leonadis Feb 26th, 2013 12:42

Dog of an XC60

suspension bushes
new head gaskets after only a few months
new fuel tank due to not showing correct amount of fuel
power steering replaced
split engine hose
drivers window issues
Do i still love it YOU BET

HenryM Mar 8th, 2013 21:37

We've had our 2010 XC60 R design D5 Geartronic for about 14 months now after buying it second hand from Lipscombe in Canterbury.

DPF replaced after it went bad, no questions asked, 10 mins at the dealer while we waited.

Serviced recently at 35K miles. Just noticed the power steering fluid level had dropped about 15mm below the low level mark.
Took the car to Dealer for investigation and they've confirmed steering rack leak. Replacement ordered. 4 days within warranty. PHEW!!!!!

I note that someone earlier reported the fuel flap not working. I'm sure ours had a little glitch for a few days and wouldn't stay shut after filling up but that seems to have cured its self.

Voice guidance has disappeared from NAV but I'm going to try reloading the discs soon to see if that gets it back. Not massively bothered about it.

New set of tyres 1000 miles ago and she's back to like new condition.

Other than that WE LOVE IT :car::heart::kiss:
It is an amazing car.