Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Wanted - various Amazon parts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=157671)

222s Jul 12th, 2012 13:58

Wanted - various Amazon parts

1) Bracket for mechanical brake light switch, as used on late model RHD Amazons (& also I believe, the 1800E / ES). This is attached to the side of the pedal box by a locating pin and a bolt into a captive nut on the pedal box.

2) Driver's side front door trim in red - the one that always fades to pink

3) Passenger side front door - must be rust free.

4) NOS offside rear quarter.

5) Any other NOS estate panels considered!

agent_strangelove Jul 12th, 2012 17:12

The late brake switch bracket is the same for the RHD and LHD amazons. The e/es I have seen have a different switch bracket set up there. I've got one or two of the amazon brackets around if you can't find one close to home...

As a side note, my '68 GT (RHD but built in Sept. 67) has the provisions on the pedal box for this bracket but the brake lines are set up for the standard fluid pressure switch.

Chris

222s Jul 12th, 2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent_strangelove (Post 1205824)
The late brake switch bracket is the same for the RHD and LHD amazons. The e/es I have seen have a different switch bracket set up there.

Ah - I'd seen the same part number listed in the books for the dual circuit 1800s. I guess it's a rhd vs lhd thing.

Quote:

I've got one or two of the amazon brackets around if you can't find one close to home...

Thanks - that would be great! Could you PM me how much inc p&p?

Quote:

As a side note, my '68 GT (RHD but built in Sept. 67) has the provisions on the pedal box for this bracket but the brake lines are set up for the standard fluid pressure switch.

Mine is a an earlier '67 (registered in the UK in Sept, & apparently built before the factory summer shut-down), and it also has the appropriate mountings but as the hydraulic switch. Upgrading to the later one has been the plan for a while now, not just for reliability but also since if the mechanical switch fails, when it is replaced the brakes won't need bleeding....

agent_strangelove Jul 12th, 2012 19:30

I've seen some late 1800S with that bracket (in the LHD cars, not sure/never seen that window of RHD 1800s) but some of the really late 1800s cars had the funky pedal box and I think a different linkage up under there. I think those had a different bracket... At any rate, I'll shoot you a PM this evening when I have dug out the box with those in there... I think the '67 Amazon down in the field might have one as well...

Chris

classicswede Jul 12th, 2012 20:50

On my dads amazon I'm sure we used a 240 switch and bracket.

agent_strangelove Jul 13th, 2012 05:30

2 Attachment(s)
In the two photos below, the one on the left is an amazon/some 1800s. The one on the right is the late 1800s (b20) one that might have also come on the E/ES but I'm not 100% sure on the E/ES.

PM sent...

Chris

222s Jul 13th, 2012 09:26

Hi Chris, the one on the left is what I'm after - thanks!

swedishandgerman Jul 13th, 2012 10:20

Hi Paul

Would you be kind enough to do a photographic "how to" of this pedal switch project please? I'd never thought of doing this before and can well see the benefits considering the failure rate of the the old style brake light switch

All the best for the next few months (twin 1, twin2)
Adam

222s Jul 13th, 2012 16:50

Will do! As your car is '67 like mine, it may well already have the mounting points on the pedal box, in which case a bracket like this should bolt straight in.

222s Jul 19th, 2012 12:25

Hi Chris,

Bracket received earlier this morning - many thanks!

Cheers,

Paul