Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   164 50th Anniversary (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276837)

Triple-S Jan 25th, 2018 09:04

As friffies said, the procedure probably has to originate with the current 164 register keeper. When proof-reading my section (140s) I noted it hadn't been included in his 164 piece for the forthcoming magazine, so mailed him accordingly.
There is nothing else I can do, but when my own computer-menders retrieve the wiped records from my hard-drive will mail all owners I have ever dealt with. At least I can still send/receive at my library......

Paul

guitarman Feb 1st, 2018 13:50

Best to get together at this year's BKV (s) then...

Andrew164 Feb 20th, 2018 19:08

When and where? and I will try and come along with 164

Derek UK Mar 19th, 2018 12:42

Join the owners club and you'll get all of the information in advance. You'll also be able to line up with other members rather than in the visitors parking.

27th June Hatton Country World Warwickshire. More details on the forum calendar.

Brock05 Mar 19th, 2018 14:35

I was a member for a quite a while after purchasing the 164, but found the 140/164 so poorly supported I let my membership lapse, I was kind of hoping this had changed.

Triple-S Mar 19th, 2018 14:55

Yes, but there are so few surviving 164s (about 2 dozen) in the UK the activity with them is bound to be minimal. However, from my records over 50% of them ARE owned by VOC members.
What I find more surprising is that there are nearly 10 times as many 140s surviving in one state or another (acc. to DVLA records) yet very few members. So my question - where do they get their parts if not through the VOC? Or are most of them just forgotten barn-lurkers lying dormant on the official records?

P

Brock05 Mar 19th, 2018 15:05

A lot of the stuff seems to be changing hands through Facebook groups, some Volvo specific, some general classic car group

foggyjames Mar 28th, 2018 19:40

It'd be nice to get mine ready for the BKV. Unrealistic though, I think. Maybe something later in the year...?

cheers

James

Brock05 Jun 8th, 2018 20:04

Not long now, wonder how many survivors we will get?!

Triple-S Jun 8th, 2018 20:51

'fraid you won't get many if any from the south of England. I won't (another bit of eye surgery) so no driving for a bit again, Rod won't - too costly and far from Southampton on a pension, Alan from Eastleigh never goes anywhere in his, I think Mark's is currently stored, Glyn at GB Autos had his so blocked-in in the shipping container when I visited during the week.... and the white one in Surbiton is a new sighting to me so probably doesn't know of us.
Ray from Barrow will though, as probably will Malcolm from Norwich and Wesley from Essex, so thats the top-three positions already judged!

P