Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   V70: Engine DPF filter (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286327)

Ovlovppz Sep 11th, 2018 00:21

DPF filter

I am trying to find out if my 2009 V70 2.4 has a DPF.
I have spoken to my local dealership today and have had conflicting answers.
One service guy said it does and the other said it doesn't 🙄🙄
The car doesn't have an additive tank so therefore if the filter exists it will be dry.
It there a way to find out definitely, possibly by the VIN?
Thanks for your help folks 😉

green van man Sep 11th, 2018 06:35

My 2009 MY 10 2.4 xc70 has one and it's dry.

Paul.

tommyweaves Sep 11th, 2018 10:41

It has a DPF, no additive required.

Ovlovppz Sep 11th, 2018 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyweaves (Post 2446657)
It has a DPF, no additive required.

Thanks for the info but how do you know 🤔🤔😁😁

tommyweaves Sep 11th, 2018 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovlovppz (Post 2446663)
Thanks for the info but how do you know 🤔🤔😁😁

That model with that engine has a DPF. Pretty sure every Volvo diesel from around 2006 has a DPF. (Unless someone has removed it!)

tommyweaves Sep 11th, 2018 11:07

I'm gobsmacked that a Volvo dealer doesn't know!

tommyweaves Sep 11th, 2018 11:14

You could also go back to your dealer,and speak to the parts dept. Ask them for a price for a new DPF. They'll ask for your car reg. Their parts software will come up with a list of all parts for your actual car, according to its VIN. If your car is the only 2009 2.4D V70 that left the factory without a DPF then the system will show that.

Ovlovppz Sep 11th, 2018 15:01

All good info.
I might do just that a the dealers 👍

ampy Sep 13th, 2018 23:12

If it does not have one it will be because someone has removed it. It will have been made with one from new if it was sold in the UK. They are easy enough to see. Just pop your head under the car roughly level with the front door hinges. You will see a small cross member crossing a recessed section of floor that creates a tunnel. Up in the tunnel you will the DPF. It just looks like and exhaust box but it has two thin pipes running off it. One front one rear and both on the upper half of the DPF. Just in front of the DPF is a flexi section of exhaust pipe that looks like it is covered in a gauze.
If the DPF has been removed the car will fail the next MOT test.
If you want to know exactly what they look like check out ebay. Enter your Volvo model and DPF inop the search and you will see many pictures of how it looks.
Happy Hunting,
Ampy.

Ovlovppz Sep 14th, 2018 06:57

Well, the car kindly clarified your knowledgeable answers yesterday by informing me the soot filter was full.
A ride on a dual carriageway at high rpm cleared the message.
Thanks all 👍