Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I've Joined the RWD Club! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26288)

IC Oct 23rd, 2006 21:20

I've Joined the RWD Club!

Just picked up a 360 GLT with the B230E two litre lump. It's only just run in at 73,000 miles. I've just driven it down the motorway after buying it and I'm very pleased with the ride and the performance of the engine which goes really well with such a medium size car. I'll post some photos tomorrow!

Velorum Oct 23rd, 2006 21:23

You know it makes sense!

James_N Oct 23rd, 2006 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC (Post 160851)
Just picked up a 360 GLT with the B230E two litre lump.

I presume you mean 2.3 litre lump? :)

Sounds good, If i can be nosy, how much did you pay? The 3 series volvo's seem to go for absolute peanuts. I read a thread over on TB about 3 series volvos being the new "in thing" for drifters.

IC Oct 23rd, 2006 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_N (Post 160858)
I presume you mean 2.3 litre lump? :)

Sounds good, If i can be nosy, how much did you pay? The 3 series volvo's seem to go for absolute peanuts. I read a thread over on TB about 3 series volvos being the new "in thing" for drifters.

Oh, that's a bonus then! I've called her "Cheap as Chips" Drifting eh, I did some of that at Castle Coombe recently :embaressed_smile:

TheJoyOfSix Oct 23rd, 2006 21:32

Welcome to correct wheel drive!

I take it you mean the B200E though? The 2.3 would be a nice drop in mod for it if you were so inclined...........

IC Oct 23rd, 2006 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 Man (Post 160868)
Welcome to correct wheel drive!

I take it you mean the B200E though? The 2.3 would be a nice drop in mod for it if you were so inclined...........

Hi Rupert, just going on what I was told, I'll check tomorrow morning - its an injection - NICE engine!

DickyB V70R Oct 23rd, 2006 21:40

Nice...I've had a couple of 360 glts over the years, great car.
Possibly the most comfy seats i've sat in, in a car.

Drove my last one which was in 1996 to Berlin, used it over there for a year driving on cobble stone roads !! and got us back to ole Blighty, it never missed a beat....Used to have to tighten up the front calipers once a month though due to the cobbles..LOL.

IC Oct 23rd, 2006 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyB V70R (Post 160873)
Nice...I've had a couple of 360 glts over the years, great car.
Possibly the most comfy seats i've sat in, in a car.

Drove my last one which was in 1996 to Berlin, used it over there for a year driving on cobble stone roads !! and got us back to ole Blighty, it never missed a beat....Used to have to tighten up the front calipers once a month though due to the cobbles..LOL.

Seems a nice solid car to drive, so I hope that the car's as reliable as yours! I just need to get used to the high driving position (in comparison to my V70). The cars's interior is in lovely condition with the original radio cassette player :Banane44: Just trying to figure out what a cassette is :laughing-smiley-008

foggyjames Oct 24th, 2006 01:48

Welcome to the dark side Iain! They feel quite dated these days, but there is no getting away from the fact that the 300 series, particularly the 360, was a quality car in its day - comparable to a BMW E30 3 series, etc. I still jump in my 360 and feel smug in the knowledge that you'd have to spent heading for £20k to get something brand new of a similar size which felt as well screwed together.

If you'd like a few knowledgable sets of hands to descend on your vehicle and sort out any niggly faults you might find (after all, it is an older car, and many owners don't bother to fix the things that inevitably go wrong, especially if it hasn't been regularly serviced by someone who will look after all the 'little bits'), I'm sure it could be arranged.

I'd also strongly suggest you sign up at V3M, as it's a very active forum...not to take anything away from the VOC, of course, but I think you need both to get the full benefit.

cheers

James

SteveP Oct 24th, 2006 15:37

Ooh 360, nice choice - but don't be alarmed if it runs poorly from cold, most of the injection 360's do. It is a very antiquated injection system, and really annoy's me somtimes! Good fun to drive though, even though it was never supposed to be!

As foggy said, the knowledge is over at 300 mania - the 300 series section of this site is pretty derelict due to the activity over there.

Absolutely no problems with reliability, they just go on and on - and I'd not hesitate in driving mine anywhere. A good service (if it hasn't had one) will go a long way, as they're often neglected.