Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   V70 D5 remap - Anyone had it done (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=60350)

RBIT V70 Oct 26th, 2008 20:56

V70 D5 remap - Anyone had it done

Evening
Im interested in remapping my 2008 V70 D5.

Has anyone had this done, if so what gain did you get and which supplier would you reccomend for the work.

Im not keen on a tuning box so I think a remap is the way to go. Its a shame superchips dont do one as Ive still got my ST bluefin unit.

Thanks

Richard

dodgyken Oct 27th, 2008 08:39

Mine was remapped as soon as it went past 10000km - by HEICO. They wouldn't do it until that point.

You lose the SPORT mode on the gearbox - but gain a huge chunk of torque +70NM and a good whollop of power +25PS.

The car will hold a higher gear for longer when accelerating briskly, it will change up earlier and not drop down as quickly. Get the engine above 2200rpm and it is brutal. Linear acceleration from around 50kmh to over 200kmh (where local laws and regulations allow).

I had mine done through HEICO Switzerland (because that is where I live - and from whom I purchased the car). It wasn't cheap - but it has no effect on my Volvo warranty.

Don also approached me with a map (at Marham) so I know he has one available.

It has had no effect on fuel consumption - but the extra torque and power does encourage swifter driving - which can cause increased tyre wear :D :D

RBIT V70 Oct 27th, 2008 19:51

Thanks for that
Mines Geartronic so Im not sure if that would affect it at all?

Do you have a web site for Marham?

Thanks

saturnuranus Oct 27th, 2008 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBIT V70 (Post 418228)
Thanks for that
Mines Geartronic so Im not sure if that would affect it at all?

Do you have a web site for Marham?

Thanks

Marham is an operational RAF airfield in Norfolk where a charity track day is held twice a year. I think dodgyken meant he met Don there back in April where they were both messing around on track. If you would like to get in touch with Don you could try his website at http://www.kalmar-union.com/ :)

Nunchukhamster Oct 27th, 2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnuranus (Post 418268)
Marham is an operational RAF airfield in Norfolk where a charity track day is held twice a year. I think dodgyken meant he met Don there back in April where they were both messing around on track. If you would like to get in touch with Don you could try his website at http://www.kalmar-union.com/ :)

You'd do better to pm him here or on T5D5 at the moment, he has moved recently and the telephone number is out-of-date whilst he waits for his new website to come online.

don kalmar union Oct 28th, 2008 08:47

KU contact.

Thanks for that James.

Indeed my new website should be up and running very soon....although that has been said for months now.

Best catch me by PM or email: don@kalmar-union.com or call 020 8959 3230.

Regards, Don.

RBIT V70 Oct 30th, 2008 22:41

Evening
Ive just got back from a course and picked up your messages.
I'll drop you a note in a minute

Regards

Richard

T5R+ Nov 1st, 2008 20:51

Had the opportunity last week to drive a "chipped" EU IV, as considering having my V70 converted.

I am also a T5 owner and can vouch for the extra motorway grunt in the chipped D5, at or around the Lane 3 speeds.

Assure you that it "pulled like a train" and if the Volvo warranty was not a potential issue, I would have handed over my money immediately.

The tuner claims ~225bhp and is a well known outfit within the Volvo tuning community.

I used to have a 320CDi which was a fantastic car and the the chipped D5 is the closest diesel that pulls as strongly - note, I have never sampled the 535D but would guess it is the best diesel bar none.

Apologies in advance
I only have my opinion to share and will PM details of where and with whom I drove the test car, but am not prepared to post it on this, or other forums.

RT Mechanics Nov 2nd, 2008 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBIT V70 (Post 417918)
Evening
Im interested in remapping my 2008 V70 D5.

Has anyone had this done, if so what gain did you get and which supplier would you reccomend for the work.

Im not keen on a tuning box so I think a remap is the way to go. Its a shame superchips dont do one as Ive still got my ST bluefin unit.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard

Just to say if your interested in a Rica PPC we are still selling them for £485.00 including vat and next day delivery we offer a full money back guarantee as well if your not happy with your purchase .

You also will have full support from us we are only a phone call or email away if you have any questions we have sold many PPC to Voc etc members.

Russ
www.rtmechanics.co.uk

mole Nov 2nd, 2008 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 418373)
Thanks for that James.

Indeed my new website should be up and running very soon....although that has been said for months now.

Best catch me by PM or email: don@kalmar-union.com or call 020 8959 3230.

Regards, Don.

Out of interest how much is an MTE remap for a D5 please?