Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Why i'm pleased i bought my Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=130423)

Rustee Jul 27th, 2011 20:13

Why i'm pleased i bought my Volvo

Just thought i'd post up why i'm pleased I bought my Volvo after an epic trip this afternoon. It has taken me five hours to do the trip from South London to Ipswich today about only 110 miles but stuck in traffic jams all the way and on the M25. During that time in other old cars I would be cautious about boiling up but the good old 240 temperature guage stayed completely constant so I could easily relax in the comfy seats and listen to the radio instead with complete confidence and at the end of the journey don't feel frazzled at all. Quality!

What makes you pleased you bought yours?

vtrsean Jul 27th, 2011 20:14

what def impresses me most is i got 100miles for a tenner today well 97.6 but its been a long time since i seen that turn around n i wasnt driving like a granny,

Andy Northface Jul 27th, 2011 20:21

Nice comfy seats and I can fit all sorts in the back:thumbs_up:

twinturbo Jul 27th, 2011 20:55

I sort of got it free. (well I traded it for supplying and fitting an alarm and stereo to the brother in laws new van)

Other than that it's as unreliable and faulty as most other cars. Not fast or frugal (although hopefuly that may be fixed now).

If I was buying another x40 it would be a T4.

TT

chelle_belle Jul 27th, 2011 21:23

The fact they will start in -16 and drive in snow,:thumbs_up:

richards80 Jul 27th, 2011 21:31

lpg at 65p, aircon, leather, cruise, s80 wofting along in comfort

keith240 Jul 27th, 2011 22:15

Really pleased its still going strong Rusty. That was my fourth 240 and having had an 850 and now on my third S80 I wonder what it is about Volvos. I know, look after them and they just carry on !

hawklord Jul 27th, 2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustee (Post 954658)
What makes you pleased you bought yours?

The tight turning circle was what impressed me, when I drove a friend's Volvo 440 some years ago. And a feeling of solidness. And I liked the appearance. Et cetera.

I've driven all his subsequent cars, but it was only the Volvo that entheused me. So, when the time came for me to buy a car, I turned straight to the "V" sections in the yellow ads!

t5_monkey Jul 27th, 2011 23:51

How it sounds...

it's oral filth when you rev it.

940Graeme Jul 28th, 2011 00:54

Like the opening post, I knew I could buy my 940 and 6 days later set off on a 2000 mile tour of Britain on holiday with disabled partner and my Mother in Law without any problems. The 940 Estate was not only the only car big enough to get partner's wheelchair plus other "disabled" equipment and three people's holiday luggage in the back, I knew that Mother in Law would love being wafted along in Volvo comfort. I think she likes me now!

Graeme