Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Sensus Connect (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275781)

VolvoV50 61 Dec 6th, 2017 21:41

Sensus Connect

Evening all,

Just purchased a September 2013 (63) Volvo V60, R Deisgn Lux Nav... (model with the upgraded front)

I also have the brochure for the vehicle dated September 2013, which states all Nav models are equipped with a DVD player along with internet and music streaming, yet mine doesn't have the small globe button the central dash on the opposite side of the navigation button. Does that mean mine isn't equipped with the above?

wimorrison Dec 6th, 2017 22:02

Yes, you have one just before Sensus Connect was installed - but panic not, you are missing nothing other than the ability to update maps via USB

It was week 46 when they started installing it as part of the build

VolvoV50 61 Dec 7th, 2017 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimorrison (Post 2345327)
Yes, you have one just before Sensus Connect was installed - but panic not, you are missing nothing other than the ability to update maps via USB

It was week 46 when they started installing it as part of the build

Ah, so I don't have the DVD or music streaming in this vehicle?

wimorrison Dec 7th, 2017 13:21

A dvd should play on the screen whilst stationary and Bluetooth streaming should still work as Volvo have had a2dp for many years

paul0000 Dec 7th, 2017 16:00

I'd also add that you would not miss the internet streaming/connection.

I have used it a couple of times only on my vehicle. It is clunky, slow, low resolution and simply not easy to use. You also need to be stationary in the vehicle.

It is much quicker to look something up on your phone or tablet instead!

NigelDay Dec 7th, 2017 19:13

The data SIM-port in the car only provides 3G reception, hence it will never be as fast as a tethered 4G mobile.

steadvex Dec 7th, 2017 19:46

there is a one time update to enable USB updates, map updates seem to be released once a year for the older systems.

tunin radio and your phone is basically what the built in internet streaming is, so far the only advantage I see is the car's antenna seems a lot better than my phone so in low signal area's the car does a better job, but overall phone + Bluetooth is easier to use imo.

paul0000 Dec 7th, 2017 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelDay (Post 2345631)
The data SIM-port in the car only provides 3G reception, hence it will never be as fast as a tethered 4G mobile.

I think that is when you also have Volvo on call though?

I have the internet button on my car but need to tether the vehicle to my phone via Bluetooth or wifi hotspot to gain internet access.

NigelDay Dec 8th, 2017 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul0000 (Post 2345721)
I think that is when you also have Volvo on call though.

Yes, correct.