Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   CHRIS KNOTT News – BIGGER DISCOUNTS and a Christmas Bonanza (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=167449)

ChrisKnottIns Nov 23rd, 2012 17:12

CHRIS KNOTT News – BIGGER DISCOUNTS and a Christmas Bonanza

I’d heard the rumour but it has just been confirmed by my bosses – we’re going to be offering an END OF YEAR SALE to sign up more of this forum’s members PLUS a special Christmas BONUS Prize Draw.

Apparently, we’ve successfully negotiated with insurers to allow us to be more aggressive between now and the end of January 2013. So where price is the only barrier to you switching to Chris Knott, our staff have been told to remove that barrier.

As long as you meet our usual criteria, we expect to be the best option for many more members as a result.

It’s a risky strategy for insurers and not one that’s not sustainable all year round (before you ask :) ).

We have a quote floor of £250 so we can’t chase premiums down below this but, if you’ve been quoted more, you’ve got a good chance of SAVING MORE MONEY WITH CHRIS KNOTT.

As this promotion covers the festive period we’re also offering a great Christmas BONUS Prize Draw. Switch your car insurance to us before 1st February 2013 and you’ll automatically be in with a chance of winning a Ferrari Driving Experience at Silverstone*, courtesy of Chris Knott Insurance.

If your car insurance is due in the coming months, put us to the test and ask Chris Knott Insurance for a quote.

*You can choose from a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Fiesta Rally Car or single-seater racing car.

S60D5-185 Nov 23rd, 2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns (Post 1296769)
I’d heard the rumour but it has just been confirmed by my bosses – we’re going to be offering an END OF YEAR SALE to sign up more of this forum’s members PLUS a special Christmas BONUS Prize Draw.

Apparently, we’ve successfully negotiated with insurers to allow us to be more aggressive between now and the end of January 2013. So where price is the only barrier to you switching to Chris Knott, our staff have been told to remove that barrier.

As long as you meet our usual criteria, we expect to be the best option for many more members as a result.

It’s a risky strategy for insurers and not one that’s not sustainable all year round (before you ask :) ).

We have a quote floor of £250 so we can’t chase premiums down below this but, if you’ve been quoted more, you’ve got a good chance of SAVING MORE MONEY WITH CHRIS KNOTT.

As this promotion covers the festive period we’re also offering a great Christmas BONUS Prize Draw. Switch your car insurance to us before 1st February 2013 and you’ll automatically be in with a chance of winning a Ferrari Driving Experience at Silverstone*, courtesy of Chris Knott Insurance.

If your car insurance is due in the coming months, put us to the test and ask Chris Knott Insurance for a quote.

*You can choose from a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Fiesta Rally Car or single-seater racing car.

My God, that is an exceptional offer and to be honest i only just made it to the toilet as i thought i was going to wet myself with excitement.

Now i know that i currently pay £40 less for my 2006 S60 D5 fully comp than your quote floor of £250 but in all honesty i would willingly pay the extra to have the priviledge of having such a a magnificent broker behind me.

Roll on renewal is all i can say :thumbs_up:

OH AND THEN I WOKE UP !!!!!!!:stormy::stormy::stormy::stormy::stormy:

Paffel Nov 23rd, 2012 21:12

Well mine is over £800 for my S60 D5 2002, and renews in 2 days... I may give you a ring!

James_N Nov 24th, 2012 02:51

I'm only 28 and I paid £220 on my 940 Celebration (6yrs NCB)

volvorocks Nov 24th, 2012 04:21

Black Friday?

volvorocks Nov 24th, 2012 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paffel (Post 1296983)
Well mine is over £800 for my S60 D5 2002, and renews in 2 days... I may give you a ring!

Wow.£800

What is your age? Convictions?

I pay circa £400 per car (multi drivers) - a bit less sometimes depending...

Regards

ZacAttack Nov 24th, 2012 09:41

I'm 44yrs old and drive a Volvo S60D5 on a 53 Plate, I pay £220 fully comp with swiftcover. I know I'm a pretty safe bet because of my age and the fact I've been driving for over 25yrs without a claim, but drivers like us are the insurer's bread and butter.
So if your younger or have a few points it sounds like your going to get rewarded, the insurer's will take a risk and when it all goes wrong all our insurance will go up to cover the **** up.

Paffel Nov 24th, 2012 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvorocks (Post 1297225)
Wow.£800

What is your age? Convictions?

I pay circa £400 per car (multi drivers) - a bit less sometimes depending...

Regards

26, 7 years ncb, no convictions. Had a small split liability claim this year, that seems to have added about 300 on my old renewal price!

Most companies were offering me over a grand!

Baffling.

Paffel Nov 24th, 2012 16:03

Well, I phoned, got placed on hold after passing my details. Phone went dead. Tried to call back, no answer. Tried again a bit later - closed for the day!

Looks like i'll be staying with my old insurer then!

VOLVO GHILLIE Nov 24th, 2012 16:06

Chris Knott insurance

I renewed with them last year on my 240SE and their quote was good for fully comp. This year for some reason my renewal went up by about 50% and with no claims or convictions. Needless to say, I didn't renew with them and got a quote for almost the same as last year from another broker.