Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Xc90 my2019 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278657)

Lexman8 Feb 22nd, 2018 20:07

Xc90 my2019

A quick read of the new price list and I noticed these changes:
  • T5 engine available making it the cheapest engine option
  • 12" driver display now standard (at last!)
  • still only 1 USB port (ffs, Volvo...)
  • Xenium pack price reduced by £150* but BLIS still a required extra
  • Front and Rear Park Assist and Rear Park Assist Camera now standard
  • BLIS now includes steering assist (and will it be available retrospectively?)
  • head-up display now standard on Pro variants replacing the heated screen
*presumably because rear camera now standard

There may be other stuff I've missed. Not surprised that the T5 has been introduced given the adverse reaction to diesels recently. Had it been available when I bought mine I would've probably gone for it.

In July 2017 a Momentum D5 was £48,655 OTR; it's now £50,985.

chrisrixy Feb 22nd, 2018 22:27

That looks like all the major points - and I too would have gone for a T5 if it had been available for MY17..

Couple of other points..

Mo Pro version no longer gets 20" wheels - stays at 19"

While HUD is standard on Pro versions - the Heated Screen remains a no cost option - which would replace HUD I guess

Still no decent colours - unless you go for a R Design you are stuck with a range of white, grey or black. Why no Fusion Red?

PeterBelgium Feb 22nd, 2018 22:33

Fuel tank volume xc90 my19 t8: 70 litres!
(preliminary data)

Director76 Feb 22nd, 2018 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterBelgium (Post 2372718)
Fuel tank volume xc90 my19 t8: 70 litres!
(preliminary data)

Bum. Can’t fix that one with a software update!!Would make a significant improvement to T8 practically

Deman77 Feb 23rd, 2018 00:04

Not tried the T6, suspect it’s evem better, but t5 on my18 xc60 was just brilliant. Might have to work a bit harder on xc90 but it was very happy to rev and sooo quiet (from inside the car - outside it sounds like something is broken but who cares) I do so dislike my D5 engine - the noise, the reluctance to rev, the tiny useful rev range, the taking forever to warm up, did I mention the noise? The pp extends useful rev range a little but petrols are just so much more civilised.

Philip Fisher Feb 23rd, 2018 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Director76 (Post 2372729)
Bum. Can’t fix that one with a software update!!Would make a significant improvement to T8 practically

Indeed as I fill up every 300 miles or 3.5 days.......

Philip Fisher Feb 23rd, 2018 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deman77 (Post 2372744)
Not tried the T6, suspect it’s evem better, but t5 on my18 xc60 was just brilliant. Might have to work a bit harder on xc90 but it was very happy to rev and sooo quiet (from inside the car - outside it sounds like something is broken but who cares) I do so dislike my D5 engine - the noise, the reluctance to rev, the tiny useful rev range, the taking forever to warm up, did I mention the noise? The pp extends useful rev range a little but petrols are just so much more civilised.

Wonder what the real world fuel consumption difference will be between a D5 and a T5? I associate the letters T5 with massive thirst from my days running an ex Police V70. I would struggle to crack 20mpg on most fill ups.....

Deman77 Feb 23rd, 2018 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2372781)
Wonder what the real world fuel consumption difference will be between a D5 and a T5? I associate the letters T5 with massive thirst from my days running an ex Police V70. I would struggle to crack 20mpg on most fill ups.....

It felt noticeably thirsty especially since xc60 is a lighter car (just subjectively judging how the tank emptied in similar conditions to my D5 - short hops from cold) but I wonder if it’s because it spins so well, I just gave it more. You could probably stick it in Eco to make the accelerator more anaemic and keep revs low for longer journeys.

gaby Feb 23rd, 2018 11:23

I like our XC90 T5 a lot, the T6 would be overkill for us, no way we want or can use the extra power.
Even the T5 has a lot more power than can reasonably be used, perhpas except for accelaration which
is not our thing. But if needed, the T5 is more than quick enough. I haven't compared it to a D5 since
we don't buy diesels anyway. Fuel consumption is about 30 UK mpg 98RON, but from the above it is
probably clear that we don't race around with the XC90.

Deman77 Feb 23rd, 2018 11:51

I also wonder if the turbo is bit more refined in T5. At no time did I find xc60 t5 to be harsh under hard acceleration (perhaps the tyre noise was drowning out the engine ;)), but with t6 and t8 which is the same engine people comment (no first hand knowledge) that they sound raspy and unpleasant under hard acceleration so t5 might just be the refinement pick.
I find it difficult to reconcile t6 cost being not that far off t8 too. With t5 being cheaper than D5 and if it gives adequate power it may just be the best choice unless you tow or are a high mileage motorway user. I guess t8 gives that extra bulk that potentially reduces road noise and makes it a bit more stable but at the same time it leans more in the corners, has worse AWD and snatchy hybrid breaks plus it will have longer breaking distance so not sure it’s a clear top choice for refinement any more.