Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Volvo Car Press Releases (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Volvo C70 Turns 20 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257156)

Bob Sep 30th, 2016 19:00

Volvo C70 Turns 20

The C70 represented a new niche in an important period for Volvo, a project that was driven by enthusiasm and a love of cars by a small and passionate team. Twenty years ago, it was first shown to the world.

Click here to read the full report

volcar16 Oct 3rd, 2016 18:56

"I’ve tried to create a car that people will want..."

Well it worked, I still love my C70 coupe after 11 years. It's still a fabulous looking car, in a way it reminds me of the Alfa Romeo and Lancia coupes of the 50's and '60's that are considered to be beautiful classics and are sought after. I read that Peter Horbury regretted carrying over the S70 'hood' and wishes he'd told the accountants that the C70 needed a different design more in-keeping with the rest of the stylish shape. I wonder what it might have ultimately looked like!?

happy diver Oct 9th, 2016 21:38

Amazing, does does this mean it has achieved classic status.
All, mostly non car enthusiasts that come across mine think it's new

It would be nice if the driver were new too

biggbn Oct 22nd, 2016 00:21

I owned and loved a c70 convertible, one of the best looking cars I have had.

phil1968 Oct 26th, 2016 20:22

They need to bring out a replacement! Although saying that I'm not liking Volvo's recent models in the looks department, so it probably wouldn't appeal to me...

dme123 Nov 9th, 2016 16:27

IN the right colours the mk1 C70 is still a very good looking car, the late convertible in dark blue with a blue roof and linen white leather is a very good looking car. In silver with hearing aid beige leather it looks every one of those 20 years old though!

The coupe was one of the best looking cars on the road back in '96/7 though. Very desirable.

walshy Nov 30th, 2016 07:11

The coupe is one of my favourite looking cars and I'll get round to ticking that box one day.
I almost bought one at auction a couple of months ago as it came with a private plate that had c70 in it. Glad I didn't as it has been kicking around gumtree since in different areas and last I seen it was less than it originally sold at auction for

Andrew Dunstone Dec 6th, 2020 14:39

C70

Been out in C70 24i this morning. This is 2nd C70 I've had. This one 07 reg retractable top. In my opinion, best looking car ever. If there is a fella in Auckly area in Doncaster on the forum, then he can contact me. I've seen him in his D5 C70, same colour as mine at Hayfield traffic lights yesterday

Bonefishblues Dec 6th, 2020 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Dunstone (Post 2687167)
Been out in C70 24i this morning. This is 2nd C70 I've had. This one 07 reg retractable top. In my opinion, best looking car ever. If there is a fella in Auckly area in Doncaster on the forum, then he can contact me. I've seen him in his D5 C70, same colour as mine at Hayfield traffic lights yesterday

I mean, I like mine, but that's a bold claim indeed :)

Tannaton Dec 22nd, 2020 18:18

I think the Mk II C70 hasn't aged well, especially the pre-facelift versions. However the Mk 1 C70 is almost timeless, I think the design has lasted as well as the DB7 or XJS. Compare it to any BMW, Audi, Merc convertible of the time - it still looks fantastic. Even the coupe. I've had 2 and I reckon 2021 will see number 3...