Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Ph1 V70 TDi/T5 Auto wanted. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306731)

CPH Jun 7th, 2020 18:18

Ph1 V70 TDi/T5 Auto wanted.

On the lookout for a decent phase 1 V70 TDi or T5 auto. Sold mine a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since. There's just something about these cars that I really miss.

Would prefer the TDi flavour but will consider a T5 if the oil burners are in short supply. Obviously a V70R would be doable if the price was right but I reckon they'd probably be out of my budget and any in my budget would probably show it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

amazondean Jun 8th, 2020 06:29

A decent V70 TDI can be almost as expensive as a T5 They can sell for anything up to £1500

CPH Jun 8th, 2020 08:14

Thanks. I’ve been looking for a while so am aware of current values.

There’s a couple of nice V70s about 20 miles from me but both are manual, one is a TDi, the other a 2.5T AWD.

There’s another TDi down south but it’s a bit of a project and has no MoT so getting it home would be expensive before I’ve even started replacing parts.

amazondean Jun 8th, 2020 12:28

Ive just sold a 1997 V70 TDI CD model and was amazed at how many people was interested!

CPH Jun 8th, 2020 12:32

It doesn’t surprise me. When I sold mine I had a lot of interest and promises to pay over the asking price.

I’ve seen a few nice S70 T5s too. These seem to be in slightly better condition with lower miles than the V70 but I reckon I’d miss having the versatility of an estate. To be fair the Ph1 V70 is still a handsome looking car too.

amazondean Jun 8th, 2020 12:50

Just seen what looks like a real beauty on ebay now for £1500 Its a dealer so probably wont haggle too much. Must be worth a look!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V70...kAAOSwx09e3T4B

CPH Jun 8th, 2020 12:54

Yep, that's the one in Abergavenny - about 20 miles from me. It's a manual though and I really want an auto. Had it been an auto a sale would have been agreed and a deposit paid by now, in all likelihood.

He's also got a nice red 2.5T AWD up for about £2K, again that's a manual, though.

Tweedle12 Jun 27th, 2020 10:43

If you haven't got sorted there's a V70 tdi auto for sale on FB Marketplace located north Leeds. Seems a good spec and tidy enough. I have no connection with the sale, just spotted it and thought of you.

CPH Jun 27th, 2020 11:47

I have seen that one and I've even enquired about it. I'd seriously go for it but it's absolutely miles away and have no real way of getting there to collect it.

At the moment, for obvious reasons, I'm reticent to spend five or six hours on a train.

It's a real pity as it does look like quite a nice example.

I've also seen another in Birmingham, which I'm more keen on not only for the distance, but despite the seller resisting it on Gumtree he won't respond to my messages and I have no other way of getting in touch with him. I've been trying for almost four weeks but can only assume it's either some kind of scam, he doesn't really want to sell, or messages from Gumtree are going straight to junk.

I almost bagged a nice T5 last week for silly money. Chap listed it for sale on a Facebook page and I enquired - it had been off the road for a couple of years so had no MoT cert and it was the other side of the country. I was arranging transport and had one guy offering me a cheaper price if he could collect and deliver the car last Friday - seller said he couldn't do Friday so I started shopping around for better transport quotes, when I contacted him the next day to confirm a day to collect he told me he'd sold it to somebody else and that they were coming to collect it on the Friday!

I'm not so much ****ed about him selling it to another buyer, I'm more upset that he told me he couldn't do last Friday and then arranged for somebody else to pick it up that day. If he hadn't refused Friday I could have moved a lot faster and sealed the deal.

Thanks for the heads-up though, much appreciated.

amazondean Jun 28th, 2020 08:04

You've just said you were prepared to travel to the other side of the country, yet there is a V70 TDI auto for sale in Leeds, top spec for very little money but it's too far away for you!! Those TDI's in top spec are about as rare as hens teeth. If I hadn't got six cars already I would have gone there myself and drove it home!!