Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Can’t set parking climate timer from app (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290291)

andyfromembsay Jan 4th, 2019 20:58

Can’t set parking climate timer from app

It’s always been a bit temperamental but today it simply will not allow me to set a timer (I get the red “failed to set timer” thing). I can start it remotely but I want a timer ideally as simply starting it doesn’t put the seats or wheel heating on. The only thing i think I’ve done differently is I set a timer whilst in the car.

Any ideas?

steadvex Jan 4th, 2019 21:09

on the computer (windows) doing anything within the app gives me the red failed to do action at the bottom, however it actually does send the command to the car, might be worth checking the car see if its set?

I've noticed in the mornings since its gotten colder and i'm assuming more people have pre heating ability nowadays the app often wont log in for me

andyfromembsay Jan 4th, 2019 22:09

Deleted the timer set from in the car, it now lets me set timers from the app.

SpaceBoy42 Jan 5th, 2019 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2481598)
It’s always been a bit temperamental but today it simply will not allow me to set a timer (I get the red “failed to set timer” thing). I can start it remotely but I want a timer ideally as simply starting it doesn’t put the seats or wheel heating on. The only thing i think I’ve done differently is I set a timer whilst in the car.

Any ideas?

Like you, I can't believe how flaky that function is after all this time when it so easily could have been resolved. As others have said, sometimes the app says it has failed but in fact it has worked if you go to the car and look or sometimes close the app, restart it and magically, it's there!

Also, how many times have you seen the app report the doors are unlocked when actually, they are locked and have been for some time.

I'm hoping next week the known seats and wheel parking climate software bug might finally get fixed as I'm going for a full software update to resolve another issue that's just come up. I think the November 2018 update might have resolved the parking climate issue. I'll report back if the update does fix it!

Begonia Jan 5th, 2019 13:55

If the Outside Temperature is higher than 10 Degrees C, am I right that you can't get the Steering Wheel Heater or Seat Heater to come on automatically or remotely?

Lexman8 Jan 5th, 2019 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Begonia (Post 2481760)
If the Outside Temperature is higher than 10 Degrees C, am I right that you can't get the Steering Wheel Heater or Seat Heater to come on automatically or remotely?

Correct. To be precise, the temperature has to be below 10C.

huib berger Jan 9th, 2019 19:50

Quote:

Any ideas?

There is a software fix for this! I had the same problem, now solved.

Mavi57 Jan 9th, 2019 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by huib berger (Post 2483338)
There is a software fix for this! I had the same problem, now solved.

Indeed the november update solves this. But it f*ks up your internet connection via the car modem. Volvo is working on this.:confused_smile:

Bash D Bishop Jan 9th, 2019 22:29

Quote:

I can start it remotely but I want a timer ideally as simply starting it doesn’t put the seats or wheel heating on. The only thing i think I’ve done differently is I set a timer whilst in the car.

Any ideas?

My MY19 V90 CC allows me to set the seat and wheel heating to come on when I remote start it. I'm fairly certain that it is working as the car is now a toasty when I get in. However, I might be mistaken and the wheel and seats are only coming on with the key!

SpaceBoy42 Jan 11th, 2019 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy42 (Post 2481727)
....I'm hoping next week the known seats and wheel parking climate software bug might finally get fixed as I'm going for a full software update to resolve another issue that's just come up. I think the November 2018 update might have resolved the parking climate issue. I'll report back if the update does fix it!

Sadly, the very latest full software update STILL doesn't fix the parking climate with VOC app issue. The parking climate function still works perfectly from the car direct but will not respect the state of the heated seat and steering wheel tick boxes when starting the parking climate from the app. This used to work really well before they 'updated' the car software almost a year ago and it all suddenly stopped working.