Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amazon: Amaz'in formal introduction. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307228)

amaz'in Jun 22nd, 2020 22:01

Amaz'in formal introduction.

Hi All,

I just recently shared some photos of my pride and joy with Derek who has sensibly suggested I should start a new thread relating to my car, I have been a member on and off for a number of years, and lurked here for a similar period of time, making the odd post.

The car in question has been in my ownership for 11 years and last year I decided I couldn't put off stripping the car to bare metal any longer, essentially I had a great car, solid as a rock, great engine but with paint which started flaking off not long after purchase some 11 years ago.

Derek will pop some photos on here for me as he believes you may be interested in seeing the car which I call 'Ingrid'.

I will likely blather on at length once photos are up should any of you be interested in any details.

Derek UK Jun 23rd, 2020 13:19

5 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of James's car. 2 posts with the sound deadening on the second one.

Derek UK Jun 23rd, 2020 13:22

3 Attachment(s)
Amaz'in - Sound deadening.

Groundes-Peace Jun 23rd, 2020 14:40

Can you comment on the benefit of the sound deadening?
How much has it affected the enjoyment of driving, both for the driver and being driven for the passenger?

amaz'in Jun 23rd, 2020 14:56

Hi Derek,

Many thanks for posting the images up for me, much appreciated.

Do you have any of your B16 from way back when?

amaz'in Jun 23rd, 2020 15:10

Hi Groundes-Peace,

It's made a very notable difference, I've only driven it twice since completing the sound deadening and carpet, first time on an A road and on Sunday in my favourite local B road. It's deadened and mute things hugely but don't expect it modern car levels.

Ifour expectations are sensible you would be chuffed, I used self adhesive sound damping, then replaced all of the jute under-matting, then put the original heavy rubber floor matting back in place and finally the carpet.

It's almost like a modern car up to 50mph (save for that damned awful Simmons exhaust!) but then the cars shape et al come in to play.

gillberry Jun 23rd, 2020 16:07

Hello and welcome ingrid

We are also in Norwich with our Gracie 💙

amaz'in Jun 23rd, 2020 16:20

Thanks Gillberry,

I believe you followed Ingrid's progress during her paintwork at Evolve?

Met you a long time ago at a show, not long after Gracie's original re-build.

I'm out near Harleston.

123GT-AMAZON Jun 23rd, 2020 20:38

Hi ya buddy ,

Glad to see the old girl back together in full glory and your starting to have fun in
Her now 😎👍

Kind regards
Robert.w

amaz'in Jun 23rd, 2020 21:33

Thanks,

Got her back this time last year, but started a new job which has been a standard 6 and occasionally 7 day week which had, until recently, curtailed my time.

Lots to still do, but getting there.