Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Volvo Modified and Performance Meets (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18811)

IC Apr 24th, 2006 21:22

Volvo Modified and Performance Meets

The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

IC

TheJoyOfSix Apr 24th, 2006 21:42

Definately!

We need to show people that Volvo owners are not all purists (not that there's anything wrong with that, though it does put some people off), but merely people who love their cars and enjoy personalising them just like any other car enthusiast.

Plus it's a great opportunity to laugh at you FWD folks as you sit there just spinning your tyres..................

IC Apr 24th, 2006 21:47

lol

Lol, you rwd fellas are all the same :laughing-smiley-018however us fwd people can live with that! It was great to see so many rear wheel drive cars on Sunday! (mostly in my rear view mirror) lol!

MissDMeanor Apr 24th, 2006 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 Man
Plus it's a great opportunity to laugh at you FWD folks as you sit there just spinning your tyres..................

Just you wait, I'll show you what a fwd with an lsd can do!! I'll be the one laughing.......:wink_smile:

TheJoyOfSix Apr 24th, 2006 21:59

True, but can you get thrown out of a BKV meet for donutting.........?

MissDMeanor Apr 24th, 2006 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 Man
True, but can you get thrown out of a BKV meet for donutting.........?

Dunno, but it would be quite good fun finding out.....

Grizlyadams Apr 24th, 2006 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC
Lol, you rwd fellas are all the same :laughing-smiley-018however us fwd people can live with that! It was great to see so many rear wheel drive cars on Sunday! (mostly in my rear view mirror) lol!

Try keep up on a twisty road with my 945 :cyclops: and try keep up when the 16v penta beast engines in....not going to happen (if it ever happens lol)

See you all at the next one!
Griz

STE-MAL Apr 25th, 2006 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's northern meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like yesterday's midlands meet where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

IC

Hear Hear, Great idea Iain. Count me in! As long as my fuel budget allows.:music-smiley-005:

Pedro Fandango Apr 25th, 2006 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

i do think thats a very good idea & after having such a good time at the truck stop would certainly make an effort to attend any more of the same type meets.

Altho i haven't thought of an alternative do think having "modified" or "performance" in the title is pigeon holeing the meet to begin with, i think the success of the Wolverhampton meet was down to the fact that from the begininng everyone knew it was open to all, not just between forum but Volvo's old/new, fwd/rwd, standard/modified & gave everybody a chance to have a close up look at other Volvo's that they wouldn't normally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizlyadams
Try keep up on a twisty road with my 945 :cyclops: and try keep up when the 16v penta beast engines in....not going to happen (if it ever happens lol)

old skool technology with only 16v as well, aint that cute :wink_smile:

Grizlyadams Apr 25th, 2006 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango
i do think thats a very good idea & after having such a good time at the truck stop would certainly make an effort to attend any more of the same type meets.

Altho i haven't thought of an alternative do think having "modified" or "performance" in the title is pigeon holeing the meet to begin with, i think the success of the Wolverhampton meet was down to the fact that from the begininng everyone knew it was open to all, not just between forum but Volvo's old/new, fwd/rwd, standard/modified & gave everybody a chance to have a close up look at other Volvo's that they wouldn't normally

old skool technology with only 16v as well, aint that cute :wink_smile:

20v is too many for my liking :)