Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   mte power figure? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=81004)

big radius Sep 24th, 2009 19:26

mte power figure?

what sort of power figure would i achieve from an mte remap
if i fitted a larger intercooler (losing air con) and a full 3" system inc race cat?

my2000 v70r 5 speed auto

stevesR Sep 24th, 2009 21:17

speak to don to get an accurate answer,he knows his stuff and you get no bull s**t.

big radius Sep 27th, 2009 10:25

yeah i figured as much to be honest i noticed he was on here a lot and thought he might of replied.

cheers
kev

saturnuranus Sep 28th, 2009 01:49

He's not on here that often. You may get a quicker reponse by sending him a PM as he is probably set up to get email notifications of such an event :thumbs_up:.

don kalmar union Sep 28th, 2009 08:08

MTE Software.

I am here most days...but like others sometimes have something else that takes me away for a day or to....also many who used to frequent this forum and who are in to modifying their cars are more comfortable and wellcome at www.t5d5.org and elswhere these days.

To the original enquiry..... you should see 300bhp plus with an MTE software upgrade and a full exhaust system comprising of downpipe with special 100cel cat and sports cat-back. You will consolidate and increase engine outputs at this level in the areas of longevity by considering reworking the standard turbo and fitting water injection. If you were to replace your standard turbo with a 19T or the KKK from the later 'R' cars you would need to fit the larger injectors from those Rs.

A replacement intercooler will substitute for water injection but it is difficult to get in as the two bonnet locks obstruct one of adequate size. A big IC will fit with the air con. in place. The big IC is costly so the additional cost of removing the bonnet locks and fitting lockable external bonnet latches would be acceptable...I believe

I have an '01 S60 T5 which I have raced in the Britcar long distance series and it has a reworked 19T, bigger R injectors, full exhaust, ported and polished head, large intercooler plus water injection, the engine is fully balanced with stronger 'chinese' rods and gives over 325bhp with a fine flat mid range torque curve all on MTE software.

Hope that helps....please call me if neccessary.

Best regards, Don.

big radius Sep 28th, 2009 18:27

hi don cheers for the reply

i believe that mine already has the 19t as it is the 99/00 2.4r or am i miss informed?
also what would you class as an adequate intercooler? i have been looking at charge coolers but i dont think that there is a enough room under the bonnet shame really as i believe these to be 12 times more efficient size for size.

as for the mte remap is it a base map that is altered accordingly or is it a complete custom map?

ive got a good price of £450 for a complete one off exhaust although i have to supply the cat but this guys welding is second to none and he specializes in race bikes including drag bikes so i have some faith in his ability.

don kalmar union Sep 28th, 2009 19:16

What Shape.

We may be talking at cross purposes here....

Is your car a new shape V70 P2 or the very last of the earlier cars with the higher power engine?

Don.

big radius Sep 28th, 2009 21:29

hi don its the last of the earlier cars
265bhp, twin exhaust, bigger brakes, 5 speed gearbox, oil spray bars, etc

kev