Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Map download updates (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270218)

nu11eaf Jul 11th, 2017 14:55

Map download updates

I notice that you can now sellect the part of europe you need to download, from Volvo support downloads, which is much better for me as I never travel abroad so I can just update GB/Ireland/Iceland at 1.77gb, rather than the full 42gb map update.

tem Jul 11th, 2017 15:53

That is how the download site used to be, then they stopped allowing one just to select specific regions.
Pleased to see the option has returned, as not everyone wants/needs to download the whole of Europe, especially if they have a slow internet connection.

tem.

nu11eaf Jul 11th, 2017 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2295967)
That is how the download site used to be, then they stopped allowing one just to select specific regions.
Pleased to see the option has returned, as not everyone wants/needs to download the whole of Europe, especially if they have a slow internet connection.

tem.

Yes I only have our region in my maps from when it was like that, so can now update it

steadvex Jul 11th, 2017 16:34

I just had a 32gb USB delivered as I only had 16gb ones about, when did this change I'm sure Sunday was still 21gb?

I imagine the massively decreases install time in the car too!

tem Jul 11th, 2017 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadvex (Post 2295981)
I just had a 32gb USB delivered as I only had 16gb ones about, when did this change I'm sure Sunday was still 21gb?

I imagine the massively decreases install time in the car too!

Not sure where you were looking, but the full European map update is 42.37GB and you need a 64GB USB for this.
The individual regions are of course a lot smaller.

tem.

steadvex Jul 11th, 2017 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2296005)
Not sure where you were looking, but the full European map update is 42.37GB and you need a 64GB USB for this.
The individual regions are of course a lot smaller.

tem.

Ah.

I must of been looking at the older systems... Whoops!

pagan8c Jul 11th, 2017 19:30

I Just downloaded the maps for UK,Ireland and (Greenland) 1183, this was the Central or Western European map. It didn't take long to download but took around an hour to install but that was with stopping and starting the car . I have had no trouble with the Navigation since so it appears to have gone in alright using my onboard 3 data card.

mrlossyman Jul 18th, 2017 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagan8c (Post 2296050)
I Just downloaded the maps for UK,Ireland and (Greenland) 1183, this was the Central or Western European map. It didn't take long to download but took around an hour to install but that was with stopping and starting the car . I have had no trouble with the Navigation since so it appears to have gone in alright using my onboard 3 data card.

When I downloaded the N Europe (UK) region only I couldn't get it to recognise the update. I had to install the whole 42gig. The file structure looked completely different on the segmented update..

Lexman8 Jul 18th, 2017 08:58

I applied the latest update a few days ago and for the first time in a year of ownership it now shows my car on the drive instead of one or two streets away as it did before (but only if I drove home from the east - weird). I don't know if it's the actual map data that has changed or a tweak of the position calculating algorithms.

However, a country road near the village that has a 60 mph limit (and was previously shown as such) is now showing as 30 mph on Sensus. One step forward...

Quacker Jul 18th, 2017 09:00

The answer, I think, is to download the UK area section directly through your phone, tethered by wifi to your car, if the car hasn't got its own VOC data modem and your SIM card.
The file is less than 200mb and it has installed twice over the months on mine with no problem whatsoever.