Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Auto stop start (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301090)

Geordiesteve Nov 29th, 2019 22:38

Auto stop start

Well guys,
Picked the car up tonight. 19 plate V90 R design D4 winter pack convenience pack in ice white, which I didn't realise until tonight is a pearlescent. Looks lovely.

Amazed with the pilot assist coming back up the A1, and while I'm bound to have LOADS of nooby questions (here's my first ones lol.

The pilot assist seems to slightly favour the left hand side of the lane, and while it tracks perfectly I assume this is to do with the radar?
Secondly - the auto start stop. I've got it selected but in 2.5 hrs of driving it never came on?
I've tried it with the selection unselected and with it selected, but it's never came on either way?

Once I get to grips with the tech I will have loads more to ask too 😊

MikeGMT Nov 29th, 2019 23:39

Congratulations on your new car. If you have the pearlescent finish it is 707 Crystal White, a £1000 colour, bonus.

On Pilot Assist I find mine too tends to be on the left of the lane so it is probably working as intended.

Stop Start has to meet a lot of different parameters for it to work, also as I understand there is a separate battery for the system so it may need time to charge up.

Zebra Nov 30th, 2019 07:41

Hi Geordiesteve

Congratulations. Yes the Pilot assist tends to favour the left side of the lane but you will get used to it and stop trying to correct it.

The start stop should have the little A symbol in the right dial of the dashboard. This changes colour depending on availability, activity and has a line through it when it operates.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...t-stop-symbols

Do you have that symbol in your dash?

Zebra

Steve XC60 Nov 30th, 2019 09:11

Re stop/start, my guess is what Mike said, the car might have sat for a while and so the battery will need charging to get back to within the operational parameters. Give it a few hundred miles, including a few decent length 50mile+ trips and if it is still not working then I would go back.

nu11eaf Nov 30th, 2019 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordiesteve (Post 2576490)
Well guys,
Picked the car up tonight. 19 plate V90 R design D4 winter pack convenience pack in ice white, which I didn't realise until tonight is a pearlescent. Looks lovely.

Amazed with the pilot assist coming back up the A1, and while I'm bound to have LOADS of nooby questions (here's my first ones lol.

The pilot assist seems to slightly favour the left hand side of the lane, and while it tracks perfectly I assume this is to do with the radar?
Secondly - the auto start stop. I've got it selected but in 2.5 hrs of driving it never came on?
I've tried it with the selection unselected and with it selected, but it's never came on either way?

Pilot assist does look as though it is to the left of the lane from the drivers position, this is the same on all, there have been several threads posted on this, I thought mine was too far to the left but my wife sat in the passenger seat said it looked more to the right, so I think it must be in the middle of the lane. It is a bit closer to other vehicles than we would normally be when overtaking.

Stop start: if the car has not been used for a while it may just be the battery is a bit low, the stop start will not operate if the battery is below a factory preset level, if after long run it still does not work you may have a battery problem, if you have a smart charger suitable for AMG batteries charge the batteries using the engine bay charge point connectors and see if it works then and how long it keeps working. (Or get the dealer to charge it)
I and several others have had faulty batteries that were ok starting the car but never held enough charge to work stop start, I used to have to charge mine with a battery charger to get SS to work but it would only last several days before SS stopped working.
After a replacement battery under warranty it has worked perfectly ever since.

Clan Nov 30th, 2019 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordiesteve (Post 2576490)
Well guys,

stop/start doesn't work if the temperature outside is near freezing , read the owner's manual for the other list of situations where it will not work ...

volvo s60 2001 Nov 30th, 2019 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2576555)
stop/start doesn't work if the temperature outside is near freezing , read the owner's manual for the other list of situations where it will not work ...

Well, this morning was 0 degrees and after 5min of driving the S/S start working.

volvo s60 2001 Nov 30th, 2019 11:53

8 Attachment(s)
So I decided to put all the conditions from the owner's manual when the S/S should be working and when shouldn't to make some owners life easier 😉

Clan Nov 30th, 2019 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2576568)
So I decided to put all the conditions from the owner's manual when the S/S should be working and when shouldn't to make some owners life easier 😉

They have lowered the cold temperature cut off from the older model I see.
It makes you wonder if it will ever work looking at all those exemptions 🙄

warwick Nov 30th, 2019 18:32

My stop / start took some time to become fully operational following collection of car once the car had completed a few hundred miles it has been OK.