Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   !800 windscreen free (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=69535)

jocklow Mar 30th, 2009 09:27

!800 windscreen free

I have just put in a new windscreen so have the previous one available for anyone to collect. I live in Exmouth, East Devon. The screen has not chips or cracks and so is fine for the MOT and most usage. I changed it so I can more easily drive at night in the rain and still see well even when cars come the other way with bright headlights. I found the accumulation of fine abrasions over the years had made really bright lights become a fog of light.
I'll get rid of it if no one has contacted me by April 3rd.
Over to you.

gray Mar 31st, 2009 14:05

Need a new windscreen for my p1800s. Mine also has a lot of fine abrasions plus a single chip so may be an MOT failure. I may be interested in your screen just to get it through the MOT. Where did you get your new screen from?
Thanks
Gray

jocklow Apr 1st, 2009 09:20

windscreen

Got it from Brookes Amazon in Ipswich. The only problem they had was getting it delivered without getting broken en route. If you're in Rutland I can't think you're likely to collect a screen from Devon.

gray Apr 1st, 2009 19:06

Would do if it becomes desperate, however, would prefer a new screen - I'll try Brookes. Thanks for the info.

kishor kassie Apr 3rd, 2009 19:04

windscreen

:thumbs_up:
Hi.Please don't throw this screen away. I am inerested however the travel distance is too far. I would gratefully pay for the courier and your problems. My number is 078 2887 9494. Thanks from Kassie:thumbs_up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocklow (Post 484928)
I have just put in a new windscreen so have the previous one available for anyone to colle

ct. I live in Exmouth, East Devon. The screen has not chips or cracks and so is fine for the MOT and most usage. I changed it so I can more easily drive at night in the rain and still see well even when cars come the other way with bright headlights. I found the accumulation of fine abrasions over the years had made really bright lights become a fog of light.
I'll get rid of it if no one has contacted me by April 3rd.
Over to you.

jocklow Apr 6th, 2009 09:03

Reply to KAssie

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishor kassie (Post 487270)
:thumbs_up:
Hi.Please don't throw this screen away. I am inerested however the travel distance is too far. I would gratefully pay for the courier and your problems. My number is 078 2887 9494. Thanks from Kassie:thumbs_up:

Hello Kassie.
I still have the screen, but it really isn't practical to send this. First it'll cost probably £20-£30. (Brookes -Amazon charge £20 but they will be getting a deal from a courier.) Second I don't have the cardboard box that they sent it in. And it was a box for sending new bikes in ie you can't get them at the supermarket. Lastly they had to send me two screens because the first broke and their courier accepts no responsibility.
So I really think this is a non starter.
My number is 01395 267869 if you have any other suggestion.
Jock